Author Topic: rude people  (Read 578 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: rude people
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »
posting a problem an asking how to resovle it is not a whine, its asking for advice?

I doubt this means anything to a troll though... tell me how im whining some more babe, if it makes u happy

Here ya go........   

babe.    :aok

http://www.usps.com/prices/extra-services-prices.htm
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
alright gotcha thx jager :aok

get back under you're bridge

Wow, that was rude. 
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
I question doing community service working for a business. Community service is almost always doing work in the community for the community. Sounds like someone lining their pockets.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
On the contrary.

You had the privelege of choice.

You chose to NOT slow your bellybutton down (or whatever the infraction was)...

Yes, but he is trying to do what is required for redemption and some seem to be making it difficult for him to do that.

I didn't notice any whines about the initial citation.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »
First, this:
DISCLAIMER

This is from personal experience only.  I am not an attorney nor do I work in the legal field.  I speak only from personal experience in the legal system and sharing with you what I've been told.  Be sure, before you act on anything I say, to educate yourself on the laws, rules, regulations, and so on where you live, before you run off willy nilly with a 'plan' that will suck in your situation

/End Disclaimer.

qft

This is in no way professional advice, however I dare you to find anyone in this community that has served more court-ordered community service in their life than me, over 1100 hours before my 21st birthday if you also count what the judge threw out.

Moving on;
Go to the courthouse and explain what happened. Let them have a police officer take you down the the place where you volunteered and explain your situation, they will listen.

NONONONONO NOOOO!  

Not the judges out here, that will just get you in jail faster, giving excuses and asking for an officer's assistance to prove your case on very tight staff.  You will have to go to court again soon for a followup hearing I take it?  If you have time and if it's a very small amount of hours to serve, I'd just do them somewhere else that will report them (and it sounds like you do have few hours, but the court specificaly ordering where you should serve them might be the stiff here, you gotta oke around sooner than later on this one).  It might be your best choice, especialy if you have nothing to show a judge the hours and days you put them in at the first place.  IF you can produce some logs or documentation on your end showing the hours you put in and the efforts you've made since to get the hours properly reported to the court, then the judge might bother having a look at them but will likely dismiss them since they're documents you could of fabricated.  I had the same situation happen to me and did what tupac jsut suggested, I went in there to explain I did what I was told to and said I would do anything to prove the discrepancy (including taking an officer or the judge down there or jsut giving them a call right there and then).  The judge must of been in a bad mood because he wouldn't have none of it, chewed me out for "not doing anything more about it" from the time I supposedly finished the hours until the court date, and then "graciously" doubled the original sentence (double the community service), dismissed all of the properly recorded time I had previously put in, and gave me half the deadline I originaly had before on the lesser sentence to complete the hours.  It was agree with him or go to jail.  Take it from a person that had to crunch in 800 hours into less than 6 months (long story short: legalize it!), if you got the time left, just go out there, find a place that will properly report your hours and do them again, so then you can walk into court on your date and make the judge happy.

It sounds like community service is working as planned, as a deterrant against getting another ticket  :devil

Community service works wonders in many ways, the real sad thing is people thing you need to do something wrong first in order to go out and invest some of your time in the community.  Statistics have shown those that serve highway community service are not any less likely to be repeat offenders unless their offence was related to hazardous driving, most that serve highway community service do leave deterred from driving recklessly or in excessive speeds.  They also showed that those that served less than two weeks (~80 hours) likely didn't learn anything to deter them from repeating offences or to drive safer, while those serving 150 hours or more on the side of a highway rarely afterwards drove faster than 10-15 miles faster than a posted speed limit or through a construction zone without being more cautious.  In short the study recommended all licensed drivers serve a 150 hour stint in highway community service, because those drivers that have served for that time or more were the most unlikely to commit a serious traffic violation afterwards.

On the contrary.

You had the privelege of choice.

You chose to NOT slow your bellybutton down (or whatever the infraction was)...

Keep in mind before you go see the judge next time, you also hade the privelege of choice to serve community service rather than jail time, and they WILL remind you of this if you minutely tug on their string.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:59:57 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
When I had to do community service, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity. They were very good about filling out my sheet every weekend and a couple of wknds they gave me 8 hrs for working like 5-1/2 - 6 hours. I thought it was pretty cool helping build houses for people who help build it themselves.     
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »
Thought this said nude people, imagine my disappointment. :(
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »
Here ya go........   

babe.    :aok

http://www.usps.com/prices/extra-services-prices.htm

yes this is good :D now im feeling all fuzzy inside.

babalonian since this mess began I started over at the another place for community service, which they have sent me to. now i get a copy of my hours at the end of each day. I wont be bothering any judges, id'e rather not recieve a "gracious" doubling of my time.  I've yet to get in contact again with this women who seems to always be working out of the store, but by the way you guys are explaining things, it would seem maybe better to just cut my losses.

Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.