Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2010, 07:12:19 PM »
That's what the vocal minority demand

For many years the vocal minority demanded also perking of the Spit 16 and La-7, as well as the "both go down" collision model as well as removal of arena caps.

Doesn't seem they are that powerful at all ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »
For many years the vocal minority demanded also perking of the Spit 16 and La-7, as well as the "both go down" collision model as well as removal of arena caps.

little do you realize the can-o-worms you just opened......... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »

Arena caps were put in place to try and kill the horde. The result was aggravation among many players and arenas with no numbers. It takes a certain level of players to have choices in where and who you want to fight. With the new radar settings chances are high that only one or two bases will have a fight going on. I've seen many times in the last few weeks over 300 players in orange with one bish/rook fight and one bish/night fight with no rook/night fight. Where is the fun in that or the choices of play for that matter.

Perking the Spit 16 or the La-7 would just be dumb and everyone knows this. Even the people who cry for it know it. Heck you yourself have proven time and time again that the "Uber" status of those rides is false.

It could be that a small but vocal group of people cry for things HTC wants anyway. The way things are going we'll eventually have WWII Air-Quake.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »
     Sounds more like a player problem than an arena settings one.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
little do you realize the can-o-worms you just opened......... :noid

Let's go fishing!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
Arena caps were put in place to try and kill the horde.

No, I'm not a friend of the caps at all.... but still I wonder where did you get this particular info from? ;)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »
No, I'm not a friend of the caps at all.... but still I wonder where did you get this particular info from? ;)

Where the Sun don't shine.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »
Now in a way KTM is correct here. ENY is for the balancing the number of players on a country with too high of #s. It just doesn't seem to work most of the time because more folks or squads choose to stay loyal to one country.
If it worked like planned, it would thin one big hoarde and make 2 or 3 mini hoardes. But a 3rd country throws a wrench in that because there's no way to stop 2 countries from ganging the other.
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »
Utter BS, and you know that. I am part of a smash&grab mission maybe two times... per year! At least 80% of my game time is defending bases, most preferably against horde attacks. Similar with others in this thread.
  :lol you're kidding me right? Lusche Snaildude, with all due respect man, you are a student of this game like no other. If anyone studies these maps and angles on the game it is you. Now I known you for quite a while now and have seen you in action many many times. I've always respected the way you approach the game, but even you have to admit you're of the win the war crowd. Yes you defend the hell out of bases. But you can't come up with a low ranking month in and month out without going on the attack, sneaking and capturing bases ....alot of bases. Your stats alone prove this.

I can only figure you don't like the new dar because it's harder for you to do what you've always done...especially flying alone as you do.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »
Yes you defend the hell out of bases. But you can't come up with a low ranking month in and month out without going on the attack, sneaking and capturing bases ....alot of bases. Your stats alone prove this.

This is complete nonsense.

If you bring my stats in, then do really take a look at it. How many base captures do I have? Over the last 12 months I had a total of 2(!) goon base captures and 11 GV base captures (less than 1 per month), Why do I "have to attack sneak capture" a lot of bases to get a high rank? Now show me where my rank/stats are proving I'm a base grabber & sneaker.

I can only figure you don't like the new dar because it's harder for you to do what you've always done...especially flying alone as you do.

Anbd what's your particular reason you are completely ignoring any if my gameplay examples, going even so far that you clearly imply I'm lying?

Heck if it were only about my rank... I have a much higher rank than usual this tour. I should be happy then.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:49:49 PM by Lusche »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »

If you call it timid when I do not fight the over red horde over my own  as much as I used to do, because every of that 30+ guys can see my lone dot taking off ... yes then I'm timid.
And surely it's totaly unrelated to the new dar, which provides them with all that info.

I'm freakin sick about all that assumptions, generalizations and all that "timid & ballz" talk.

I'm sure that 30+ guys are watching for your one lone dot to take off  :rolleyes: OK maybe your not timid, but your you might be paranoid.  :noid

I think < WARNING, voice MY OWN OPINION HERE> that HTC made the changes in dar to stop the arcady BS that was going on. To me it seems he is willing to see those "arcade types" leave the game instead of seeing what it was turning into. At the rate it was going I was expecting to see it out on PS3 any day.

All of the game play that people liked about this game is still there, base capture, sneaks, furballs, strat bombing, GV battles. Now how ever it takes a bit of thought to get the same things done. You want a capture? Well you better have some people who can hit targets with bombs and rockets, you better have people who can fight and cover your goons which are easier to spot, and cover your bombers so they can bring enough ordnance to the target. I hate to use the word "work" because that will bring out all those clowns who are going to say "I want to play, NOT work", so let use "strive" Strive to accomplish those thing you use to do, capture bases, win the war. Isn't the thrill of a thing proportionate to the difficulty of achieving it? Isn't it more thrilling to capture a base if it's defended well?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »
I'm sure that 30+ guys are watching for your one lone dot to take off  :rolleyes:

If I am the only con in the sector: Yes.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
I'm not implying you're lying. I'm just saying I don't agree with your opinion of what the dar settting do or don't do for the game. You said yourself that you can't take off from a near by base or even one from another sector without being seen. I say SO WHAT! They still have to get to ya. I think you're pissed about the dar because now you don't have to time to get way up there in a tempest and bust up bombers without being seen plain and simple.
I don't ever see you down and dirty in the furballs. You're always on the outskirts somewhere camping a base or buff hunting at a out of the way base. I'm not going to go through your stats. I don't care. The point is you don't like the dar because someone will see you. That's the only thing it can be. Spin it anyway you want but that's the bottom line.

I have to go to work now....argue with ya later.  :bolt:
Lighten up Francis

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
I think you're pissed about the dar because now you don't have to time to get way up there in a tempest and bust up bombers without being seen plain and simple.
I don't ever see you down and dirty in the furballs. You're always on the outskirts somewhere camping a base or buff hunting at a out of the way base. I'm not going to go through your stats. I don't care. The point is you don't like the dar because someone will see you. That's the only thing it can be. Spin it anyway you want but that's the bottom line.

Hold on, a minute! What you describe is what I enjoy as well, playing the occasional cat & mouse game with a patient bomber hunter. What Lusche, DakOne, and others do, for example, I do similar as their opponent in my B17's. Kinda like chess! :O That's the suspense & intrigue I miss. The actual EFFORT in situational awareness- scanning the skies knowing your foe is nearby with the darbar on your map as the only clue unless you wander into a base's radar range.

Now it's super-easy mode. The dot is always present. No hunting. No finding. No effort. It's done for you. :rolleyes: Go to the dot.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
The cappers have of course the hardest job

I thought I'd read this thread, and I saw this part of this post.

It made me sit and think for a bit.

And now I realize that I'm really getting old.

- oldman