Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »
I'm not implying you're lying.

You were, quite cleary. You still do it in this post. I said i mostly defend bases, you said I'm not. I said I rarely ever am a part of base captures, you said I'm not. In various threads I have laid out my reasons why I think the new dar was a bad idea, including many facets that don't really impair my gameplay at all, and you ignore all this.

I'm not going to go through your stats. I don't care.

You cared enough to bring my rank/stats as an argument that I'm lying about my gameplay, and now that you would have to bring some proof about that you suddenly do not care anymore. I see.

I think you're pissed about the dar because now you don't have to time to get way up there in a tempest and bust up bombers without being seen plain and simple. (...)
 You're(...)  buff hunting at a out of the way base. (...) The point is you don't like the dar because someone will see you

LOL? You don't see the contradiction in your words? It's the buffs that are now on dar all the time if they try to go to any target beyond the most immediate front line base, not me climbing to intercept them.

I don't ever see you down and dirty in the furballs.
Did I ever claim I constantly do? Or this this another try at the "timid" argument?
Oh, and by the way: Just because "you don't ever see me" it's not that I never do it. I just do it only occasionally, because it's quickly boring me. I always had more fun in the long run with more complex things.

The point is you don't like the dar because someone will see you. That's the only thing it can be. Spin it anyway you want but that's the bottom line.

I have always been straightforward in my arguments here. I do not have any "persona", I'm here the same I'm in "real life". I do not spin things, I'm not the one ignoring facts or hiding something even if it's "against my point" Heck, see all the caps threads - I hate caps, but I explain & defend the current mechanism if someone produces some irrational rants. I also always  tried to be fair.

I recently took a break from this BBS because the of things like this: Accusations, prejudices ad hominem attacks and so on. "Us" vs "them", and to hell with truth or facts. "If someone has a point of view I don't share - let's discredit and ridicule him", instead of looking at his actual arguments.

I see that coming back was a bad idea.

.argue with ya later.  :bolt:

No need to. All is said and done.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:56:05 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »
I'm sure that 30+ guys are watching for your one lone dot to take off  :rolleyes: OK maybe your not timid, but your you might be paranoid.  :noid

I think < WARNING, voice MY OWN OPINION HERE> that HTC made the changes in dar to stop the arcady BS that was going on. To me it seems he is willing to see those "arcade types" leave the game instead of seeing what it was turning into. At the rate it was going I was expecting to see it out on PS3 any day.

:airplane: Its more "arcady" now than ever. Its basically turn and shot turn and shot in the humongous furballs. Most of the younger players probably don't remember Space Invaders but this is what it now reminds me of.
I agree with the person that said it was more fun to study the map try to figure out where the NME was or is going. Surprise them by showing up where they are between the radar circles.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 10:47:52 PM »

I see that coming back was a bad idea.

:airplane: Nah we need you here, and IN the game even if you do shot me down with 1/2 wing  :x

I do resent the people here that try to say how because those of us that want old DAR are skillless or cowardly.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 10:55:38 PM »
isn't this more a wish than a general topic since we've all accepted the new dar and this is like beating a dead horse a year after it fell over and started to rot?

No, actually it was imposed, and i doubt all have accepted it, whats the other choice?   dont play?, not much choice is there, but a good way to find out is run two arenas, one like now and one the old way, run it for a month and see which arena has the better numbers
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 11:07:27 PM »
ya know? you're all right!! i just belly flopped into the side of a mountain. had it not been for the new dar rings, i'd have survived that flight.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 11:12:47 PM »
To tell you the truth, what made me quit after playing for like 8 years was the arena cap, I was just so sick of it screwing up every squad night, and never being able to play with people from your squad because your the only one stuck in the other arena...oh and the same boring maps...over...and over....and over....and over...again...They never used the classic great maps from years ago.  Like fighter town :(

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:19:17 PM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »
i slipped and let a little profanity out too....that was the fault of the new radar too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 11:58:23 PM »
To tell you the truth, what made me quit after playing for like 8 years was the arena cap, I was just so sick of it screwing up every squad night, and never being able to play with people from your squad because your the only one stuck in the other arena...oh and the same boring maps...over...and over....and over....and over...again...They never used the classic great maps from years ago.  Like fighter town :(

-BigBOBCH

I just don't get that argument.  I have never in all these years of flying AH, not been able to fly with squaddies.  And to be honest, I couldn't name a map if I had to.  As long as there is someone else over on the other side in a cartoon airplane, it's all good.    One base looks like the next.  A dar bar is a dar bar.  If I was that worried about the scenery I'd take a vacation. 

It's the cartoon airplanes that matter I tell ya! :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2010, 12:11:49 AM »
Hold on, a minute! What you describe is what I enjoy as well, playing the occasional cat & mouse game with a patient bomber hunter. What Lusche, DakOne, and others do, for example, I do similar as their opponent in my B17's. Kinda like chess! :O That's the suspense & intrigue I miss. The actual EFFORT in situational awareness- scanning the skies knowing your foe is nearby with the darbar on your map as the only clue unless you wander into a base's radar range.

Now it's super-easy mode. The dot is always present. No hunting. No finding. No effort. It's done for you. :rolleyes: Go to the dot.
Your correct Thndregg. That part of the game is gone... No stealth, no guessing as to where anyone is..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2010, 03:34:08 AM »
I think a lot of us hated to log in and find that our dar was porked for two sectors back, but this "solution" is just as bad imho. Before, someone would retaliate by removing the enemy dar. It wasn't a good solution, but it balanced the disadvantage, and base warning was still available while the dar was down. As said here by many others, I also think the current dar settings cut out too many game play options.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2010, 07:45:38 AM »
my brain itches. it must be the expanded radar range.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
Despite all this super tactics, war status and
map changing are s*** bad ! Or not !?

A8 yestarday was 12 hours of furballing - i know nights are youngers.   :neener:

I play there also!!!

I saw every sort of massive, splitted, 'kamasutrian' or 'masochistic' attempt to defeat the bishops resistance.

At the end A8 fall down because after 3 hours on 12 of this 'shining' combat action my balls (and bishops too i suppose)
becomed  so big and in a fast rotation status that the seat cannot fill them.

:salute

lulu you're my favorite!  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:54 AM »
my brain itches. it must be the expanded radar range.  :noid

I shot you down the other night...because of the new radar.  The higher power that increased its range infused my Spit9 with teh uber energy and aimbot technology up until now was only a pipedream.   :noid

New radar, old radar... pffffft - the game is what people make of it.

:joystick:
 :airplane:
 :neener:
 :banana:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2010, 08:52:39 AM »
I shot you down the other night...because of the new radar.  The higher power that increased its range infused my Spit9 with teh uber energy and aimbot technology up until now was only a pipedream.   :noid

New radar, old radar... pffffft - the game is what people make of it.

:joystick:
 :airplane:
 :neener:
 :banana:

so THAT's how you stayed with me on that last climb!!!! AHA!!!

seriously.....i'd hafta say that was the best fight i've had in a month dude. 'course it'd have been better had i broken your airplane before you broke mine.......but what the hell......... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
I think a lot of us hated to log in and find that our dar was porked for two sectors back, but this "solution" is just as bad imho. Before, someone would retaliate by removing the enemy dar. It wasn't a good solution, but it balanced the disadvantage, and base warning was still available while the dar was down. As said here by many others, I also think the current dar settings cut out too many game play options.

This "solution" was put in place mainly because guys were sneaking under the radar and taking "undefended" bases!

ANY solution is better than having guys taking undefended bases!!

It was ruining game play for gods sake!!

And guys "sneaking" around dar bars avoiding "combat" caused the larger dar rings.

Thank god for the larger dar rings, those guys were ruining someone ELSES gameplay!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP