Author Topic: I'd like Damage tracked as a stat  (Read 929 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
I'd like Damage tracked as a stat
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:43:37 PM »
I would like to see damage points done tracked as a stat.  I was thinking about how we would be able to, or more accurately would not be able to, quantify the usage of the new Mosquito B.Mk XVI as it will likely get few kills while at the same time not being killed very often.  I would like to be able to see the damage done stat, as reported in the chat buffer when a bomber lands, to be tracked and reported in the online aircraft stats.  That way we could get a better idea of how much aircraft like the Ar234 and Mosquito B.Mk XVI are being used.  It would also be interesting to see how things like the B-17, B-24 and Lancaster stack up on damage inflicted.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: I'd like Damage tracked as a stat
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
Good idea +1 :aok
Strokes

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:18:05 PM »
would love this

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:31:25 PM »
Simple. Sit in the tower for a month, writing down damage done in each particular bomber. Have a buddy do the same in the other arena, then add it all up at the end of the month.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
Simple. Sit in the tower for a month, writing down damage done in each particular bomber. Have a buddy do the same in the other arena, then add it all up at the end of the month.

Brilliant.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »
Even were somebody that insane, it wouldn't work.  They'd only get the damage done from bombers that landed successfully in the arena they were in.  No damage from players that lost all three bombers or from other arenas would be seen.

I know you were being snarky, but still....  You do bring up a good point.  We do still get to see some semblance of usage just by how often we seen damage spam from Ar234s or, in the future, Mosquito XVIs.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »
+1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 08:44:25 AM »
I would like to see damage points done tracked as a stat.  I was thinking about how we would be able to, or more accurately would not be able to, quantify the usage of the new Mosquito B.Mk XVI as it will likely get few kills while at the same time not being killed very often.  I would like to be able to see the damage done stat, as reported in the chat buffer when a bomber lands, to be tracked and reported in the online aircraft stats.  That way we could get a better idea of how much aircraft like the Ar234 and Mosquito B.Mk XVI are being used.  It would also be interesting to see how things like the B-17, B-24 and Lancaster stack up on damage inflicted.
Aside from the interest value, what does this information add to the game , besides the necessary overhead to collect store and report such information.  What does it add to game play?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »
Even were somebody that insane, it wouldn't work.  They'd only get the damage done from bombers that landed successfully in the arena they were in. 

It could work, if you do not take the displayed "name-in-lights" damage in arena, but damage points in score.

And I still have no idea how the displayed damage is being computed. You can have about the same damage points inflicted in a run on the score page, yet the arena displayed landed "damage" may be totally different. (Example: Did 2 B-17 runs last tour, one with 6x1000, one with 12x500 bombs. Both got me about 1.1M in damage score, but the 1000lbs run displayed 35K, the 500lbs run 50K)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 09:04:22 AM »
Aside from the interest value, what does this information add to the game , besides the necessary overhead to collect store and report such information.  What does it add to game play?

The same thing kill stats add to it. ;)

But instead of traving raw damage points I'd rather like  to see stats on individual objects destroyed. Would be much more informative.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:06:12 AM by Lusche »

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
Would be awesome to have it track what object was destroyed. Could show which ride is downing radar and ords the most

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 06:38:18 PM »
The same thing kill stats add to it. ;)

But instead of traving raw damage points I'd rather like  to see stats on individual objects destroyed. Would be much more informative.
That would work too.

Just something to try to capture the usage of the Ar234 and Mosquito XVI.  Those two are almost perfectly built to have their usage escape capture by the existing tools and metrics.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:23 PM »
Just something to try to capture the usage of the Ar234 and Mosquito XVI.  Those two are almost perfectly built to have their usage escape capture by the existing tools and metrics.

We once had the number of sorties flown showin along with the kills on the stats pages for 1-2 days. Unfortunately, Skuzzy removed that.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »
+1

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 02:00:27 AM »
Im hoping for it this week!  :D

I want to try to beat this sortie:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.