Author Topic: Alpini13  (Read 23703 times)

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Alpini13
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »
Maybe not to some, but it's something we DO NOT DO as a squad. For some of us it is (cheating # 7) or should I say spying. One person changes sides lets say Rooks to Knights then they P.M.or voice chats with his squad and tells them where there are CVs or if there is a mission taking off. That person flys in that mission and the whole time he is telling his squad where they are and where their attacking.......not fair and it should be stoped.

What about those who switch sides and don't do those things?
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »
i kill squaddies sumtimes when i am on a diff country

hahahahahahaha after a 1 year leave of absence my first real kill was my squaddie Irish  :x course that was 10 minutes after he had killed me first  :furious :furious that bastage!!!!!!!

and further to this point, as i am now and have always been the worst pileeet in the Muppet's, when i get a squaddies name in lights cause i shot him down i revel in the moment and rub it in by reminding them that i killed them every moment possible.  :devil :neener: :devil

The game was NOT designed to encourage side switching to balance numbers as you referenced with your statement about implementation of "ENY", it is a false perception.  ENY was implemented long after the game had been online and in fact, years after it had been designed.  I don't believe Cutter's post regarding this was meant for the general audience, but as one of their squad rules that would result in action against one of their squad members and it's their right.  I do not believe that he intended it to be considered among the defination of the dreaded "C-WORD".  Whether you think it is right or wrong is in fact irrevelant.

All the Best...

Jay

Jay

i did not state that eny was an original part of the game. my statement was one of the current value not one of history or the creation of the original game code. that is merely a side issue of no relevant value and serves no purpose in this discussion.

the fact remains that the guidelines of the squad, as cutter himself posted, are clear that side switching is viewed as a lowly and unforgivable offence equal to, if not greater an offence than shade shooting. this is discernible from cutters statement as it is the only offence that is specifically treated as a GET OUT of the SQUAD if this is the way you want to play offence. "WE are a Bishop squad ONLY and if you think because you pay your monthly HTC bill that you can fly any side you wish then click eject and fine another squad who don't care what side you fly for. End of message:"

so Jay, as i have always enjoyed reading your posts in the past and in most cases tend to agree with the things you say, i will agree to disagree with you on this matter and refrain from arguing with you futher.

:salute to you sir.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »

Jay

i did not state that eny was an original part of the game. my statement was one of the current value not one of history or the creation of the original game code. that is merely a side issue of no relevant value and serves no purpose in this discussion.

the fact remains that the guidelines of the squad, as cutter himself posted, are clear that side switching is viewed as a lowly and unforgivable offence equal to, if not greater an offence than shade shooting. this is discernible from cutters statement as it is the only offence that is specifically treated as a GET OUT of the SQUAD if this is the way you want to play offence. "WE are a Bishop squad ONLY and if you think because you pay your monthly HTC bill that you can fly any side you wish then click eject and fine another squad who don't care what side you fly for. End of message:"

so Jay, as i have always enjoyed reading your posts in the past and in most cases tend to agree with the things you say, i will agree to disagree with you on this matter and refrain from arguing with you futher.

:salute to you sir.
<S> Float old bud,

I guess I misunderstood as I had believed that you were stating that side switching was conceived from the start as an integral part of the game.  My apologizes!  The ban on squad switching rule for a lot of squads has been in effect much longer than AcesHigh and was common among some squads back in AirWarrior. I won't pass any judgement on any squad that has that rule as it's just not my right or business.  I do agree about what Cutter has stated about the spying aspect and I have NO respect for spies but just accept the fact that we will have them and it's just part of the game.  I realize that we all at times just take this game way too seriously!  You know that I've been around for years and rarely post and usually just short and to the point and sometimes just don't really express what I've written in a more diplomatic form and for that I apologize as I didn't mean for my post to you to start an arguement.  Sometimes I just wish that I could keep my fingers shut. heheheh

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
<S> Float old bud,

I guess I misunderstood as I had believed that you were stating that side switching was conceived from the start as an integral part of the game.  My apologizes!  The ban on squad switching rule for a lot of squads has been in effect much longer than AcesHigh and was common among some squads back in AirWarrior. I won't pass any judgement on any squad that has that rule as it's just not my right or business.  I do agree about what Cutter has stated about the spying aspect and I have NO respect for spies but just accept the fact that we will have them and it's just part of the game.  I realize that we all at times just take this game way too seriously!  You know that I've been around for years and rarely post and usually just short and to the point and sometimes just don't really express what I've written in a more diplomatic form and for that I apologize as I didn't mean for my post to you to start an arguement.  Sometimes I just wish that I could keep my fingers shut. heheheh

All the Best...

Jay

<<S>> and agreed! my fingers never know when to shut the F*** UP!  :D
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »
Maybe not to some, but it's something we DO NOT DO as a squad. For some of us it is (cheating # 7) or should I say spying. One person changes sides lets say Rooks to Knights then they P.M.or voice chats with his squad and tells them where there are CVs or if there is a mission taking off. That person flys in that mission and the whole time he is telling his squad where they are and where their attacking.......not fair and it should be stoped.
:headscratch: so.......i am an eskimo and i know white mans language well but uh.........whats "stoped" mean  :huh
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »

Not everyone is like you or your squad. If you see the 80th on 2 sides, we are likely fighting eachother. We generally fly on the same side but if we need to switch to even teams and someone can't move over yet, then our group may be on 2 teams for a bit.

We have folks who can fly on 2 sides and not exchange info. We fly for the side we are one no matter what side that may be.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
:headscratch: so.......i am an eskimo and i know white mans language well but uh.........whats "stoped" mean  :huh
:huh  hint --> :banana:
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
:huh  hint --> :banana:

:rofl

and piss on Alpini13.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »
The game was NOT designed to encourage side switching to balance numbers as you referenced with your statement about implementation of "ENY", it is a false perception.  ENY was implemented long after the game had been online and in fact, years after it had been designed.  I don't believe Cutter's post regarding this was meant for the general audience, but as one of their squad rules that would result in action against one of their squad members and it's their right.  I do not believe that he intended it to be considered among the defination of the dreaded "C-WORD".  Whether you think it is right or wrong is in fact irrevelant.

All the Best...

Jay

You have always had the ability ti switch sides, therefore the game was designed with the idea of being able to switch sides to help balance the number or a myriad of other reasons why.  The later implemention of the ENY was just an additional tool to help encourage side switching.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »
Im out of popcorn...

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline cutter56

• Zinc Member
      • www.wix.com/Swampdragons/SwampdragonsAH2
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »
Damn....... I bet the Germans & the Japs wish they could have switched sides back near the end of WW II ....lol But it didn't happen, and they got their " we will rule the world " bellybutton kicked. So it was and so it shell be. :airplane:.....
Good Hunting from
Brigadier General Cutter 56 Bomber Commander & Information Officer for the SwampDragons  http://www.wix.com/Swampdragons/SwampdragonsAH2

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »

That's just lack of character and has nothing to do with why most people switch. You must not have much faith in your squaddies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
Damn....... I bet the Germans & the Japs wish they could have switched sides back near the end of WW II ....lol But it didn't happen, and they got their " we will rule the world " bellybutton kicked. So it was and so it shell be. :airplane:.....

In case you don't have a clue yet, this game isn't a recreation of World War II. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »
In case you don't have a clue yet, this game isn't a recreation of World War II. 

ack-ack

What were the requirements again for consideration into the plane set for a new plane in this game?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
What were the requirements again for consideration into the plane set for a new plane in this game?

Requirement #1-Does Babalon like it?  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!