Author Topic: How to stop hordes?  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
Re: How to stop hordes?
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010, 02:19:05 AM »

I was winging wit you last night. 

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »
squaddies were on my wing last night.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »
I'm still just trying to figure out what CPID is............   And why does he get one?  I want one............    :rock  Especially if it is made from hops and/or barley. 

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »
I'm still just trying to figure out what CPID is............   And why does he get one?  I want one............    :rock  Especially if it is made from hops and/or barley. 

CPID, is an abbreviation for how long it takes light to reach your head from Uranus. :bolt:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »
CPID, is an abbreviation for how long it takes light to reach your head from Uranus. :bolt:

Hey!

Hijack y'er own thread.

This one is mine!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2010, 02:52:31 PM »

ROFL.......

no seriously now..... CPID ( AW term for handle/callsign ) = gameid  ( AH term for handle/callsign )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 02:55:04 PM »
Anyone try zygote?  :noid
Strokes

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »
 :lol
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
People on here do not run resupply missions much. I know because I run them alone mostly.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »
well i am just coming back from about a year long absence from the MA's. but i think my favorite tactic will remain as it was a year ago. it is actually very simple.

a base is being horded so i up from it constantly and repetitively in either the A6M or the Hurri and begin turning and banking before i even have wheels off pavement.

i do remain as low as possible turning in and out of between the buildings and even zipping through hangers.

i do this knowing that i am going to be shot down, i do this knowing that i may get a few kills from those idiots who dive to fast to be the first in on the vulch, but i do not expect to actually shoot down any of the piranha on the feeding frenzy.

i do this knowing it will aid in keeping the hordlings low and close to the base. i do this for as long as the hangers remain up and i can get a new plane.

because i know that in very short order the sky above the vulching horde will be pock marked with 4 or 5 (enough to break the back of any normal horde) and sometimes more (anything over 6 is country overkill and completely unfair to any horde of less than 45) Muppet's coming in with alt and e and a determination to avenge every death i have suffered by crushing the low flying no e and advantageless dweebs who were foolish enough to fall for the bait.

i care nothing about score k/d ratio or any other game measuring standard. i care about having a good time and fighting the fight. i care about the good feeling i get when i know that the hordlings first act when the appear in the tower is to change the under pants they soiled when they finally looked up and realized a wing of Muppet's were diving in on them.

on one memorable occasion i watched as Grizz Scotch m00t Mortis (aka Ink or JETSOM) and Steve crushed a horde in excess of 30 players in minutes. literally it took less than 10 minutes from the first dive of Grizz and m00t in 152's for those few of the horde who managed to remain alive to be egressing their sorry arses out of the area.

so my point is, the best way to defeat the horde is to have those amongst you who care not about deaths or score to keep the enemy in their low flying feeding frenzy until those with skill can return with alt and e and decimate the ranks of the fools that didn't see the storm coming.

what squad you are in doesnt really matter, if you can buy the time your squadies need to return then even just a few of them with alt e and advantage can swing the battle against the biggest of hordes.

but it never hurts to be a

MUPPET

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »
FLOTSOM, alot of what your saying is true, lately i seem to be doing the here comes the horde thing, but heck i don't care how many times i die.. i guess it's the beatin them back feeling one gets when they disperse to some other location on the map, then you just follow them  :devil     i have been out of the game for over a year and just been back now about 3 weeks, still alittle rusty but i do love my K4 and G6 other than that the P47d11 are my planes of choice for right now, hunting bombers i like to use a mossie or B25 ( the lanc's go boom real fast hehe)

oh yea.... it never hurts to fly around a Muppet either   :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2010, 01:40:44 PM »

how did you manage to keep that plane stable with your squaddies on your wings??  Especially Karaya   :devil
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
how did you manage to keep that plane stable with your squaddies on your wings??  Especially Karaya   :devil

are you implying that Lutes squaddies maybe have less than aerodynamically ideal figures????

well ill have you know that Karaya has been cutting back on the cold pizza and warm beer and is returning rather quickly to his previously envied girlish figure!!!

:O :D :rofl :rofl :rofl :neener:

:bolt:
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »

I don't care who you are, that's funny!  :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
People on here do not run resupply missions much. I know because I run them alone mostly.
not frankly true, there are times when my entire squad will stop what we are doing and re-supply a base just so we can use it for our ops. I'll re-supp a base if im bored or looking to kill time. Hey...somebody's gotta do it   :rock   :aok
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.