Author Topic: Flying solo for the first time  (Read 1794 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Flying solo for the first time
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »
   Ever since my first time logging into the game, I have been a Bishop.  Since my second week, I've been a BoP (Birds of Prey), working my way up from the FNG to XO of the squadron.  Now, almost 7 years later, I've decided to strike out on my own.  There was no drama involved, I love my squaddies like brothers.  I just have been wanting to get out there & see all the other sides of AH (figuratively).  The Bops are a Bish-only squad that sticks to the LW arena & doesn't get involve in any events, which is something I enjoy.  Though an absolutely fantastic group of guys, I've just been craving something more organized & that participates in events & such and flies more like a squad than as a group.  So, if you see me as a *gasp* knight or rook for the first time ever, no, I am not a spy :lol, I'm just trying to discover what I feel I've been missing out on for quite some time.

If you happen to run into me in-game, I'd like the chance to float around & fly with different squads to see how they operate & see if I can find a squad that fits me.  In short, I guess I am asking for invites to hop on channel & hang out with your squads if you would do me that honor.  I do it all, fighter, bomber, GVing, gunning, base takes, furballing, most events, you name it.  I look forward to getting to know a lot more of you better & maybe your squad & myself will be a good fit.  It's gonna be really weird flying solo for the first time, so I'd appreciate it when invited to tag along.

:salute
USRanger
Commando Solo
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
Re: Flying solo for the first time
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »
We will be delighted to have you flying with us, anytime. We're usually in AvA and we play in Euro time  :confused: between 21:00 and 24:00 hours GMT.

For several years I have flow alone most of the time. It's not so fun. But you only have one bu*t to worry about, it's quite relaxing...

<S>
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
Hello Ranger,

You are welcome to visit the Pigs anytime Sir! Knights vox 189.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »
Waystin I dont know if we got what it takes to handle a RANGER!!!!  :D

like Way said Vox 189 on Knits Ranger :cheers: :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
I appreciate it fellas.  I'll come & visit.  Missing my BoP brothers already, but I still feel this was the right thing for me to do.  See y'all soon. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »
 :salute I'm sure you'll find some fun to be had on the Knight and Rook sides.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »
Good Luck sir!

Amaze
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 12:40:49 AM »
We dont play much in MA lately but we have a crowd on for FSO. If you'd like to fly FSO with us next week send me a PM. We will be Axis if you're wondering.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 06:45:05 AM »
Funny u posted this sir, Im doing the same thing after being in The Blind Bats for years and years (joined them about a month after i started playing). And sans a little while with the 82nd FG ( great group of guys ) was a Bat my entire AH life.Everyone in that squad is a brother, and will always have a place to rest their head and a seat at my dinner table as long as im alive.

I went solo this tour and its a whole different world. kinda like the birdie leaving the nest lol. Ive been kicking around the idea of doing a tour in Knightville and Bishopland having been a Rook since i started. So if u gents see me in a new country, just know that im not a spy  :D. Just looking around and looking to meet some of the people behind the red icons that have been shooting me down for years  :D

Most importantly , good luck with your solo tour Ranger, hope u have a blast!!!!  :salute
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:14:56 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »
Ranger, you are more then welcome to tag along with the Hellcats, be glad to have you along even if its just for one mission. I would like to mission up with ya. Plus I like current/ex-military in the squad anyways.bring a different flavor/attitude to the game.  :salute(bailey you are more then welcome too)
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:11 AM »
Ranger
 I would love to wing with ya on the pigs, though be fore warned waystin is ...how shall I say, a little off the wall.

Well actually he isn't near the building.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »
I do the same thing now, different vox every night, never get bored and always can find a fight when you don't care which side you're on.  Definitely recommend hangin with the Pigs or Nowotny for a night, as well as Killuminati, all great guys/gals.  :salute
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:37:53 PM by L0nGb0w »
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 03:43:59 PM »
Aww crap....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e
A man of your staure will be able to pick any squad in the AH comm to fly with.  Enjoy the freedom ..  Follow your intrests' Ranger... :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »
Ranger, you can always tune vox 138 and tag along with us 38 dweebs who like to scatter useless parts across the map in the MAs. :angel: Just look for any P38 squads that are flying low numbers and you will likely see us on.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »
ranger old friend vox 173 while your a rook bro
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey