Author Topic: Bishops and rooks  (Read 1905 times)

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
Re: Bishops and rooks
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2010, 04:09:18 AM »
I flew with the rooks but man it wasnt good. We dove on people  way down below. It made me ashamed. And when it did it in was There was no teamwork ever. I was flying alone all the time into a horde of bishes. Man I did my time in that horrible country and I have to say this.....
Bishops- America
Rooks - Evil Germans
Knights- Horde of angry black zombies from re5????
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
Well my squad went Rook for a month because we were going to start to rotate from country to country. I myself will not be doing that again. I believed one country would be the same as the others. And to some degree that is true. However I could not even get a box of supplies out on a spawn or any other help in defending a base except for the very same few guys I saw at ever base under attack.

It seems most Rooks can't grasp the importance of poking ords and troops at the base attacking yours. The Knights took a hole island away from the rooks the other day with over twenty more Rooks on than Knights. No help, no support from almost anyone. Just furball until they lose the base.

If you ask for help you get ridiculed on the county channel and told go Bishop if you don't like it, so I did. While I see some very good pilots and tankers on the Rooks and some great guys there as well. As a whole I see little or no team work. I saw very few missions by the Rooks and even fewer successful ones. I went back to the Bishops and was in more missions in threes hrs than I was in 30 days as a Rook. It is your $14.95 so play as you will. I for one am glad to be back with the base hording Bishops.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2010, 08:07:55 AM »
Well my squad went Rook for a month because we were going to start to rotate from country to country. I myself will not be doing that again. I believed one country would be the same as the others. And to some degree that is true. However I could not even get a box of supplies out on a spawn or any other help in defending a base except for the very same few guys I saw at ever base under attack.

It seems most Rooks can't grasp the importance of poking ords and troops at the base attacking yours. The Knights took a hole island away from the rooks the other day with over twenty more Rooks on than Knights. No help, no support from almost anyone. Just furball until they lose the base.

If you ask for help you get ridiculed on the county channel and told go Bishop if you don't like it, so I did. While I see some very good pilots and tankers on the Rooks and some great guys there as well. As a whole I see little or no team work. I saw very few missions by the Rooks and even fewer successful ones. I went back to the Bishops and was in more missions in threes hrs than I was in 30 days as a Rook. It is your $14.95 so play as you will. I for one am glad to be back with the base hording Bishops.

I think that has nothing to do with Rooks (or Bish or Knights). That could had happened the very same way if you had been a Rook for years and then suddenly switched to Bishops.

Players tend to follow such requests from close friends or virtual comrades that did fight side by side with them for a long time. Strangers or "enemies" that just switched over are less likely top get help. While playing for Bish for years, you have developed a lot of ties that were just missing on the Rook side.

And it may have also played a factor that you squad hasn't always had a.. well let's say: It didn't always had the best reputation among those that were "on the other side". And what goes around, comes around ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2010, 10:51:56 AM »
I flew with the rooks but man it wasnt good. We dove on people  way down below. It made me ashamed. And when it did it in was There was no teamwork ever. I was flying alone all the time into a horde of bishes. Man I did my time in that horrible country and I have to say this.....
Bishops- America
Rooks - Evil Germans
Knights- Horde of angry black zombies from re5????

Hmmmmmmmm i have a question......

I am a Muppet, we switch constantly! maybe even multiple times a night, so would that make us evil germonic Americans who have been bitten and have been transformed into angry black zombies?

or are we angry black zombies of american and evil germonic heritage

or are we evil germans who reside in america and have angry black zombie tendancies

or are we.......

oh to hell with it!

we are MUPPET'S!!!!!! thats good enough for me!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03:37 AM »
Well while I was a Rook for this tour I played the game just as hard as I did while a bishop with over 300 GV kills. You have a point about being in a country for just one tour and not getting help when asked. However I was with a few of the Rook old timers like PoolFool and no one helped him ether.

The squad I am in should be of no importance. The point is I am an above average tanker and I can pork ords at a large air field all alone in a single P-51D and fly home. I was doing both for the Rooks. You would think someone could drop a box of supplies out for who ever or what ever squad member is doing the boring work.

Stuff like defending a base on the ground or shutting down the ords and troops at the next base and running a box of supplies to your buddies. It ain't as fun as furballing maybe but it is stuff that needs to be done. But like I said it is your $14.95 spend it as you will.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »
In over 18000 posts :rolleyes: do you ever say anything encouraging?

I do, however in 2005 the objective wasn't swarming other countries strats with 20+k bombers.   I have no beef with the LCA's, except the TT issue.   But meeting gldnBB in Dayton this year, shows him I'm a nice guy.   But, in game if anyone tries to give most LCA's sound reason, you guys berate them continually (ie - hypocrisy).  

Hell, some of your squaddies might have participated in the October of 2005 "Truce".   I know most of Rookland did and a lot of Knights.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:24:12 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
I do, however in 2005 the objective wasn't swarming other countries strats with 20+k bombers.   I have no beef with the LCA's, except the TT issue.   But meeting gldnBB in Dayton this year, shows him I'm a nice guy.   But, in game if anyone tries to give most LCA's sound reason, you guys berate them continually (ie - hypocrisy).  

Hell, some of your squaddies might have participated in the October of 2005 "Truce".   I know most of Rookland did and a lot of Knights.

Have you flown in or against the recent MoM? I have only flown against them at altitude and outnumbered even then they are still fun. I haven't heard anyone other than you have a problem with them.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »
Have you flown in or against the recent MoM? I have only flown against them at altitude and outnumbered even then they are still fun. I haven't heard anyone other than you have a problem with them.

While you were in Bish land with 9 GIAP and other squads, you missed a lot.  I do NOT "have a problem with them" as I clearly stated my only beef.   I do not support the taking of TT bases as do a lot of like-minded veterans.   But I do not lump in the followers with the sweetheartbags who promoted it openly on Rook country channel.  

But again, nothing on the scale of "The Truce" will ever be rivaled in the MA's.   The Arena caps will not allow for it. (EDIT:   The current arena cap was my only reason for my first post, which 96Delta replied.  It wasn't even a negative or insinuative post, just the truth.  But hey, pile on boys!)  

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:00:51 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC