Author Topic: New Designs For U.S. Dollar Bill !  (Read 2278 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: New Designs For U.S. Dollar Bill !
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
to be honest, if you remember the loony toons cartoons......where steam comes out of their ears.......whelp....i got to that point before i got to your stuff........and at that point all reasoning is gone........sorry.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 01:12:21 AM »
Not an Obama fan personally, but he has made history being the first black president so he does have a place.

~AoM~

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »
There goes this thread....

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »
why copy the euro?  :headscratch:  :furious
My thoughts, exactly.

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 07:20:26 AM »
Your unwanted ugly Obamadollars have a safe caring home with me, I'll take them off all of your hands!   :D
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »

I like the concept of the vertical bills. It makes SO much sense.

The design I care less about. I do agree putting obama on a bill is insulting to the money itself. The founding fathers and the major achievements of the nation should be on the bills not a media-hyped president.

The image along with the quote is just perfect. It fully represents the nation and its ideals when read to anyone not from the US.

In fact, if it were me i'd make the bills be varied per bill type. That is, assign each bill denomination a theme and print different variations of it.. just like there are different Quarter coins, one per state.

$1 bill: Founding Fathers (self explanatory)
$5 bill: National Monuments (white house, etc)
$10 bill: Images of the Nation (landscapes)
$20 bill: Notable Americans (historic..aka Martin Luther King JR,Einstein,Tesla,JFK,R.Waldo Emerson,Native american notables, etc)
$50 bill: Achievements of the Nation (Independence,Emancipation, moon landing,First in Flight,breaking the sound barrier,etc)
$100 bill: United States (one bill per state, each bill showing its location in the US)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:39:58 AM by Tac »

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I like the concept of the vertical bills. It makes SO much sense.

The design I care less about. I do agree putting obama on a bill is insulting to the money itself. The founding fathers and the major achievements of the nation should be on the bills not a media-hyped president.

The image along with the quote is just perfect. It fully represents the nation and its ideals when read to anyone not from the US.

In fact, if it were me i'd make the bills be varied per bill type. That is, assign each bill denomination a theme and print different variations of it.. just like there are different Quarter coins, one per state.

$1 bill: Founding Fathers (self explanatory)
$5 bill: National Monuments (white house, etc)
$10 bill: Images of the Nation (landscapes)
$20 bill: Notable Americans (historic..aka Martin Luther King JR,Einstein,Tesla,JFK,R.Waldo Emerson,Native american notables, etc)
$50 bill: Achievements of the Nation (Independence,Emancipation, moon landing,First in Flight,breaking the sound barrier,etc)
$100 bill: United States (one bill per state, each bill showing its location in the US)

+1  :aok Respectful, but not drab at all!

-Penguin

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »
Why are two of the countries greatest communists on those bills?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:46 AM »

And IN!

-Penguin

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 09:10:02 AM »

I think Obama is trying to start another revolution.  He continues to do things the American people doesn't like, and it's with a purpose. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
Not an Obama fan personally, but he has made history being the first black president so he does have a place.

he will cement his place in history when he finishes making the US into the very enemy so many of our veterans fought against many many years ago.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »
Guys!  Seriously! STFU with the politics!  These are NOT actual designs being considered by the federal reserve so get you panties out of a bunch!

If you want to suggest who you think should be on a bill, then fine... but keep your comments to yourself about who you think should NOT be on a bill.  This is pretty cool looking stuff and I'd hate to see this thread get locked because some people can't keep their crap together.

On topic... I would like to see the size of the bills change with their value... so you could tell them apart by feel.   I've done quite a bit of work with blind veterans, and one of their most common complaints has been having to trust other people to be honest when they are paying for something.  Lots of the guys wanted different sized bills so they could tell them apart... I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »
Our bills have Brail dots on them for the visual impaired.

Nice thing about coloured bills is that in a dark bar one knows what one is giving to the bar tender.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
oh Btw isn't it illegal to put a living president on a currency?

Yes, it is against federal law to put any living president on any currency.

The only living American president to appear on any currency was CSA president Jefferson Davis, which even then caused controversy.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
Yes, it is against federal law to put any living president on any currency.

The only living American president to appear on any currency was CSA president Jefferson Davis, which even then caused controversy.

Technically not an American president... well, let me rephrase, not a President of the United States.  But still an interesting factoid ChickenHawk  :salute