Author Topic: Battle Stations : "Tiger Attack!" on the History channel  (Read 3499 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Battle Stations : "Tiger Attack!" on the History channel
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
I upped Tiger lastnight and thank goodness I did.  I popped over a hill and found a sherman point blank in front of me. Two rounds hit me cause my turret was facing 45degrees from him.  My one shot killed him.  I went around a mound and found T-34/85 and at less than 200yds i received no damage and killed him.  Then Dr7 finally found my camping site and busted me with one shot moving at 1600 yds in M4.  Go figure huh.    :cheers:

See and thats the biggest problem. Is some people manage to shoot silly accurate, routinely hitting those specific sweet spots on tanks at ranges that far surpass the type of accuracy IRL these tanks had. At greater ranges. Not only should rounds be loosing velocity (which Im told here is factored in to the game) But they should also begin to loose accuracy. I know I've had Tigers shot out from under me from greater ranges then even the tiger was able to be accurate at. Often by a select list of people who's manage to do it with almost uncanny regularity but  who's names are irrelevant inasmuch as whomever it is. Should not be able to be that accurate from those ranges no matter what system they've come up with.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
I was implying nothing, I was using it as an example, as I previously stated. I personally feel the the Panzer's gun is about right.

The M4A3(76)'s gun, unless I have the thickness of the M4's armor once you factor in the slope wrong. A bit more than 100mm, right?

By using it as an example you were implying what Lusche pointed out.  So I am interested as well, where do you get your data from and is it based on reality or does it just come to you in a dream?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »
I was implying nothing, I was using it as an example, as I previously stated. I personally feel the the Panzer's gun is about right.

Example for what then? You say the Tiger should get back to it's old status, by giving the other tank's guns more "realistic" armor penetration... giving the Panzer as an example... and suddenly it's all fine with the Panzer. :)

So just to be clear and to avoid any confusion: Which guns exactly do have too much armor penetration capability vs the Tiger's armor?
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 12:33:24 AM »
Personally, I don't see that I was implying the KwK 40 is better here than it was IRL, and that wasn't my intention. Sorry for any misunderstanding

M4A3(76)'s gun. I've gotten hits on tigers' frontal amor at around 1400yds which should be when it can no longer penetrate the tiger's armor, based on the game's charts (115mm at 1k, 97mm at 2k). Since it says "97mm" as opposed to "est. 95mm", then mm's should be able to decide whether the armor is penetrated or not. I've also gotten hits on M4's at 2000yds when it shouldn't have been able to penetrate the frontal amor, assuming the armor IS a bit more than 100mm once you factor in the slope.

Might be just percieved, but it seems like the M4's gun has a bit of leeway.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th