Author Topic: Pick discussion  (Read 10391 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Pick discussion
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »
The squad got talking about this today, and I thought it was a rather interesting topic.

One group was arguing that one picks are as dweebish as the others, regardless of circumstances. The other was saying that its somewhat more acceptable if someone with a con on his six says "hey, can someone get this guy off of me", in a furball, or in a 2v2 (you get a con someone else was fighting, who wasn't nessicarily engaging you at the moment).

Whats your oppinion on this?
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: Pick discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »
well if 2 guys are of to the side of the world in a 1v1 and you interfere then that to me is dweebish. even if your friendly askes for help, if he entered the 1v1 then he should see it through to its end.

but in the midst of a furball, base invation/defence or when its your wingman and those are your intended tactics then hey all is fair.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »
in a furball, if it crosses my sights, andisn't a friendly, it's gettin lead.

if i come upon you fighting a red guy...i ask. if you ask me to remain out, i do, and i type this on open so the con knows.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:07:10 AM »
            Unless you are in a private one on one duel in the DA and someone butts in, all is fair. Whether you are winning a fight and a friendly blows the guy away, or if you were losing it and the guy says "Yer clear", alls fair.
 This, HOs,RAMS,VULCHES,ROPES,YOU HAD MORE ALT,NO FAIR YOU BOUNCED ME, etc,etc, are all fair. Somewhat lame, but fair.

~AoM~

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »
if its a squadie ill go after, but if its a country member ill ask first and wait and see who wins :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »
well if 2 guys are of to the side of the world in a 1v1 and you interfere then that to me is dweebish. even if your friendly askes for help, if he entered the 1v1 then he should see it through to its end.

but in the midst of a furball, base invation/defence or when its your wingman and those are your intended tactics then hey all is fair.

i've only once ever refused to help someone that was asking me. he was fighting dedalos.......and seeing as i knew ded asked people to stay out when he was fighting me, i would not go into the fight against him till they finished.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 12:14:51 AM »

Okay this is beside this thread, I cannot stop laughing at FLOTSOM avatar.  :rofl
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 12:19:07 AM »
I pretty much accept the MA as a free for all, but if I do see a 1v1, I'll try to ask before engaging.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
Okay this is beside this thread, I cannot stop laughing at FLOTSOM avatar.  :rofl

Its even funnier when you realize i am one of the worst sticks in the game!!  :banana: :banana: 

:salute :salute
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »
Its even funnier when you realize i am one of the worst sticks in the game!!  :banana: :banana: 

:salute :salute
Thank you for your honesty sir  :salute

:D
Lighten up Francis

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 01:29:32 AM »
Thank you for your honesty sir  :salute

:D

there are some truths that are sooooooo big that even the government couldnt cover it up!!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :airplane: :joystick: :airplane: :headscratch: :airplane: :banana: :headscratch: :airplane: :joystick: :bolt:
FLOTSOM

Quote from Skuzzy

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 01:37:40 AM »
The squad got talking about this today, and I thought it was a rather interesting topic.

One group was arguing that one picks are as dweebish as the others, regardless of circumstances. The other was saying that its somewhat more acceptable if someone with a con on his six says "hey, can someone get this guy off of me", in a furball, or in a 2v2 (you get a con someone else was fighting, who wasn't nessicarily engaging you at the moment).

Whats your oppinion on this?
It all depends on the situation man. If you're in a squad or team thing it's what you WANT to do imo. If it's about doing a solo thing, you need to let it be known you're ok or ask before you jump in. I've been mad and glad both ways.
Communication lacks a lot of times. Especially around alot of people. If the guy that got picked is complaining about it, it's no big deal as he put himself in that situation. If I know I'm fighting again a group I'll be watching for the attempted pic.....hopefully . I've been mad and glad in that situation too  :cheers:
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 01:46:56 AM »
I hear ya Flotsom. :lol Being too good wouldn't be fun anyhow. I'd like to be king for a day but that would get boring probably. The reward is in killing the guy you didn't think you could.  :joystick:
Lighten up Francis

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
You're a lot better in the toon skies than I am.  :salute

This is going to be one of those six of one and half dozen of the other discussions. In the main arenas, if someone asks for help it doesn't matter what the guy on his six thinks, if there is someone in position to help he's going to get help unless it's an obvious 1v1 off in a corner somewhere.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »
It's a cage match in the mains.  Expect to be killed in every manner possible.  Dweebish is when someone does not understand that this will happen. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!