Author Topic: UFO's real?  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
UFO's real?
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:24:37 AM »
Lets keep this non-political please, but this is kinda cool.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/09/27/bts.ufo.activity.cnn?hpt=T2
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: UFO's real?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »
Humans have a knack for some excellent stories for those things that they cannot understand.  The UFO idea has become so prevalent in society that upon any instance of an unexplained light source, the link to a UFO is made.  I believe that that connection helps alter the perception of the lights to match a preconceived idea of lights in the sky.  The creditable sources for this kind of information are so few and far between, it takes a lot of faith to believe aliens are visiting earth.

Here's my question, if there really is an alien species out there that can travel unfathomable distances through space, evade all our telescopes and radars and defense systems, why can't they ever turn off the damn lights!?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »
Of course UFO's are real.   Unidentified Flying Object.

Or as the military used to call them UFOB's.  It has always been one of my pet peeves when people use UFO to be synonymous with E.T. craft.  Anything unidentifiable is a UFO, even if it's only some guy in a lawn chair with balloons floating along.

Stories of UFO incursions in and around high security military installations are many, and have been around for decades.  I met a guy last summer who was an MP at the Minot, ND missile silos during such and incident in the 80's.

The UFO idea has become so prevalent in society that upon any instance of an unexplained light source, the link to a UFO is made.

My pet peeve exactly!!  An Unidentifiable Flying Object/light source is by definition a UFO.   UFO does not = ET

As to the rest of your comment there are hundreds of UFO accounts made by airline pilots, military pilots and ground personnel, law enforcement officers (over hundreds of miles, several hours and several different counties), even the former Governor of Arizona (who admits he denied it and mocked others who saw it at the time, only to later feel ashamed and come forward.)  How much more "credible" do you want?

I'm not saying they are extra-terrestrial (I don't know) but the phenomenon is very real.

EDIT:  I'll put myself on the line here too.  I have seen a UFO in the presence of 5 other people...  ...  and no, none of us were high or intoxicated, and one was an experienced pilot, and another an astronomer.  Nobody had a clue as to what could do what we all saw.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:27:29 AM by saggs »

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 01:42:32 AM »
funny how with all of this grand and absolute proof of e.t.'s existence that only the monkey media has put out the story.

yep if i was some guy with absolute proof they are just the credible people i would give it to to tell the world, to hell with the new york times or the washington post, who the hell are they in comparison.

the fact that its on cnn's web sight doesn't mean that cnn supports the story, hell any of us can request to post any story on the sight. if they think it will get hits then they will allow it, contact them and request a copy of their publication agreement. i know this because a few years ago a person i was acquainted with requested to post a local story about raising live stock.

they sent him the agreement form to fill out he sent them a copy of the video he wanted published and the next day it was on the cite. they did not do any form of back ground or research on the matter as within his agreement he accepted full responsibility for any and all legal issues that may arise from the video he posted.

so any video you see posted on a news agencies sight, without one of their own anchors or journalist corroborating it and accepting some responsibility for the statements made within, doesn't mean squat. if they dont back its because to them its not real news or its not reasonably supported.

i think you could bet that if e.t. was proven absolute then it would be a much bigger story than to rank in the back video section of just the web sight. i think maybe it would rank an actual tv broadcast.

but for the sake of just being interesting, yes it was :)
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 01:56:36 AM »
Here's my question, if there really is an alien species out there that can travel unfathomable distances through space, evade all our telescopes and radars and defense systems, why can't they ever turn off the damn lights!?

yup :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:04:46 AM »
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 07:28:02 AM »

They probably have FNGs at various posts around the ship.. especially the 'Landing Light Deployment Officer' that will, occasionally, screw up and turn them on at the wrong time.

Or.. maybe some cosmic rednecks that like to play with the planets they visit.. "Here, Zorg, hold my Valarium Ale and watch this!!"

Who's to say how many remember to turn off the lights and nobody ever knows they're there?

Ever see an elephant hiding in a tree?  Good, aren't they?

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 08:01:02 AM »
Lets keep this non-political please, but this is kinda cool.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/09/27/bts.ufo.activity.cnn?hpt=T2

yes, there is other life in the universe. yes there are ufo's.

here's my outlook.

if we(human beings) are the best that the big guy upstairs could come up with.......then something is seriously wonky.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
Humans have a knack for some excellent stories for those things that they cannot understand.  The UFO idea has become so prevalent in society that upon any instance of an unexplained light source, the link to a UFO is made.  I believe that that connection helps alter the perception of the lights to match a preconceived idea of lights in the sky.  The creditable sources for this kind of information are so few and far between, it takes a lot of faith to believe aliens are visiting earth.

What about the one's in the daytime?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
Humans have a knack for some excellent stories for those things that they cannot understand.  The UFO idea has become so prevalent in society that upon any instance of an unexplained light source, the link to a UFO is made. 

Isn't that the definition of a UFO?  ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 10:32:56 AM »

That's always my favorite when I have a UFO discussion with someone. " I don't know what it is but it's not a UFO." :headscratch:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »

hehe exactly :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:33 AM »
That's always my favorite when I have a UFO discussion with someone. " I don't know what it is but it's not a UFO." :headscratch:

:rofl

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
Yep, I suppose I interchanged use of Unidentified Flying Object with alien craft, but that mistake kind of backs up my point.  When someone sees unidentified lights in the sky, they jump to alien ship.

I'll try this again:  There are plenty of credible sources of unidentified flying objects, there are very few credible sources for alien aircraft.

Btw, I believe in alien life, I just haven't seen the evidence that they are visiting earth.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »
Yep, I suppose I interchanged use of Unidentified Flying Object with alien craft, but that mistake kind of backs up my point.  When someone sees unidentified lights in the sky, they jump to alien ship.

I'll try this again:  There are plenty of credible sources of unidentified flying objects, there are very few credible sources for alien aircraft.

Btw, I believe in alien life, I just haven't seen the evidence that they are visiting earth.

Hey, if I was an alien visiting an other planet I would definitely make my self known by flashing bright lights over a trailer park  :rofl :rofl :rofl  Not to mention that I would always use a different type of space craft