Author Topic: Iran Reveals New Aircraft...  (Read 2079 times)

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Re: Iran Reveals New Aircraft...
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »
With the advent and advancement of drone and missle/antimissle technology I think the fighter aircraft and to a certain extent manned strike aircraft are headed the way of the dodo bird or the chariot. With both being all but extinct in our lifetimes cept maybe for some third world countries. I can easily foresee a time when manned combat jet aircraft simply arent needed anymore but for nostalgic reasons and to a large extent havng a human in an aircraft more a hindrance then an asset.

Its approaching the point where its simply not going to be practical to put a man in a combat jet

For the most part the only limitations to flight now are the human element.

U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 09:37:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I speak perfect English.. She sells sea shells down by the sea shore.. Peter piper picked a pack.. ummm

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I almost forgot how much I liked that guy. "We met the Americans at the airport and they were slaughtered....."  Laughed my arse off knowing 3rd ID and the Marines were knocking the door to Baghdad down at that very moment.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 09:42:37 PM »
 :rofl  iran
Lighten up Francis

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »
What you have to remember is that this type of press is meant for internal consumption.  North Koreans suffer from the same stuff with those missile tests.  In the face of western technology that has leaped their conventional technology, they have to have something for propaganda purposes.  We get a big chuckle out of it, but for the ruling powers that be in those two countries, they have to show their respective internal political bases that they are developing counters to what we have, no matter how ludicrous they look to us.  Sad really...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
They also have state of the art armored vehicles

Highly reliable off-road vehicles.

Don't forget top of the line UAVs!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:47:43 PM by Tupac »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
You lot remember the  USS COLE?.
That wasn't attacked by anything high-tech.....never under estimate your enemies. 
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »
You lot remember the  USS COLE?.
That wasn't attacked by anything high-tech.....never under estimate your enemies. 
These idiots dont realize that. Its all funny till we lose our soldiers to some skitzo on a suicide mission. Then, will they laugh?
Anything ANY military makes is made with the intent on taking lives if need be. I personally dont find anything funny about that.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 03:15:27 AM »
     Well, I suppose I could pee my pants over a glorified Lake amphibian, but I'm confident that our
guys are up to the challenge.  Think it's not possible to learn lessons from military setbacks?  Anyone
remember the difference between Vietnam and Desert Storm?

Mr Imadinnerjacket and the rest of the Ayatollahs learned a long time ago not to mess with the US.
They're top notch when it comes to taking embassies and attacking unarmed tankers in the gulf, but
give them an opponent tougher than Iraq and they prefer to fight by proxy.  They also have alot of
trouble trying to control their increasingly progressive and young population.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't necessarily make them an idiot, sport.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:39:19 AM by Rino »
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 05:13:03 AM »
Just for educational purpose, here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle

That boat/plane thing is GEV.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 06:42:08 AM »
"The Iranian defence industry proudly displays the latest invention to grace their arsenal of dangerous weapons........ a pointy stick"

"The Israli airforce stated its concern at this weapon saying that its destructive capabilities outstrips anything in the Middle Eastern theatre of operations not currently under the protection of the USA"
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:51 AM »
"The Iranian defence industry proudly displays the latest invention to grace their arsenal of dangerous weapons........ a pointy stick"

(Image removed from quote.)

"The Israli airforce stated its concern at this weapon saying that its destructive capabilities outstrips anything in the Middle Eastern theatre of operations not currently under the protection of the USA"

Not to mention that it is invisible to all Radar...
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »
For the most part the only limitations to flight now are the human element.

Speaking of which, are ya'll following the UFO thread?   :D

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 09:25:40 AM »
Just for educational purpose, here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle

That boat/plane thing is GEV.

Which is even worse, since that means it can't get more than 10-20 feet above the surface and if it banks too sharply it will lose the cushion. Now I'm even LESS impressed, thanks Russian.  :aok
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
Even if we do take it seriously so what?

They dont need this flying boat to be effective. They can use jet. Or better yet without wasting an aircraft they can simply put a vest on and walk up to a ecp on a base and achieve the same effect. The fact Iran is promoting this to be their next super weapon is a joke.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »

The weapon of ultimate demise launches and ambassador of death missile.

Wait a second........
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."