Author Topic: 109 E request  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: 109 E request
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »
I am still looking for pictures from a top or birds eye view. Will post if and when I find them.

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »
Some of these might work for the top view. I am not sure but so far it is the best I have found.
Dahmer flew the 109E during his stay with JG77 here was the information about the plane he was assigned. Bf-109E W Nr 968 of 1./JG 77 of Hugo Dahmer

These photos I have found are of JG77.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
When requesting a skin, it's always best to include a photograph of the actual plane. I found this picture that is claiming to be the same plane but the markings are blocked by the wing so it's hard to tell.

http://www.airpages.ru/eng/lw/dahmer.shtml

If someone can confirm that they are in fact the same plane, I can skin this one after I'm done with my current emil skin.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »
The group of pictures in the second post are all Second Gruppe Jg77. 1 Staffel is in First Gruppe. That said, I like those schemes specifically. So I'll be doing one of those eventually. Also "White 7" seems to have the rare combination of dark and medium green RLM 70 and 71 over the sky blue RLM 65. So this is a go as well.

When requesting a skin, it's always best to include a photograph of the actual plane. I found this picture that is claiming to be the same plane but the markings are blocked by the wing so it's hard to tell.

http://www.airpages.ru/eng/lw/dahmer.shtml

If someone can confirm that they are in fact the same plane, I can skin this one after I'm done with my current emil skin.

It is possible that they are the same plane, They are both E-3's, have dark upper surfaces, and have dark paint on the intake and exhaust fairings. To be sure, I'd need to see an angle that shows the number and markings.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »
Many thanks Nrshida for the pron... cough pictures  :devil  :salute  :cheers:

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »
So after doing some looking around about W.NR.1190.... The yellow on the nose and tail started my search, I thought they looked out of place. (edit: they were not I was mistaken)

I found this:

"I say "restored" because the team which redid the aircraft chose a 74/75/76 scheme which is wholly and entirely incorrect for this aircraft...the standard scheme for day fighters at this point in the war was 71/02/65, and David Wadman (co-author of the Jagdwaffe series of books on the Battle of Britain) has confirmed that this aircraft was no exception, based on airframe relics from 1190 still in Canada.  Why the aircraft was repainted in this fashion is a complete mystery, and one can only hope that at some point the restoration team will seek to correct this oversight."

Taken from here http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/walkaround/1190/1190.htm
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:31:47 PM by Oyabun »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 07:27:50 PM »
I spotted the incorrect paint right away.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com