Author Topic: Server limits bum me out  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Server limits bum me out
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:22 AM »
Another side effect of caps is that it induces people to 'reserve' a space in the arena by staying logged in while inactive. 

I usually try to get a few sorties right before the caps kick in. At 7 pm local, you can watch the battles in the arena run dry. Where you could find a few fights going at 6 pm is often looking like a ghost town at 8pm.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »
Well HTC is working on something (delayed end of month, no TT), hopefully it's a solution to the timing of the caps for the Euro guys. I don't know why they wouldn't try moving the time a couple hours so the Euro guys could use a single arena through their primetime. Or if not that try the idea Lusche and HT were going back and forth with in that thread a few months ago.

Offline Boomer49

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
What is tiresome is the fact one pays 14 something a month and then is told where one can fly, (arena cap) and what one can fly, (ENY). not good business smarts if you subscribe to keep the customer happy.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
What is tiresome is the fact one pays 14 something a month and then is told where one can fly, (arena cap) and what one can fly, (ENY). not good business smarts if you subscribe to keep the customer happy.

the ENY whine is tedious at best...

if you don't want eny, switch to low # country. problem solved.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »
the ENY whine is tedious at best...

if you don't want eny, switch to low # country. problem solved.

What is tedious is that both caps & eny just do not do what they are suppose to do & have failed to do it for many many years.

Time to wake up & smell the roses & admit defeat instead of hanging on to something that was thought to be a good idea at the time but have proven to be dismal failures.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:35 AM »
What is tedious is that both caps & eny just do not do what they are suppose to do & have failed to do it for many many years.

Time to wake up & smell the roses & admit defeat instead of hanging on to something that was thought to be a good idea at the time but have proven to be dismal failures.

The ENY and CAP does what it is suppose to.

ENY limits those with a numbers advantage by taking away the uber equipment. While the CAP system has stopped the players from un-subscribing and keep more of the players that try out the free 2 week.

Some of the other things these two "seem" to do are more player induced than HTC induced.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 07:55:39 AM »
ENY doesnt do nothing but make you have to up crappy plane while your over ran. my theory is that it proved Russian doctrine true, the numbers are a quality in themselves. and ENY assumes we are all the same skill level. if we was it probably wouldn't be so bad being outnumbered. i dont care how you slice it if you have 4-5 good pilots against 10-15 bad pilots i am pretty sure the 4-5 pilots are gonna win. and then you throw in the fact they have better rides to boot.  ENY is just a way to justify being outnumbered but in reality don't mean nothing. in real life if you was out numbered the enemy isnt gonna say oh i am sorry i will start using are less effective weapons against you. could you imagine if the US had ENY in the gulf war. they would have had to use M-4's and the outcome would have been alot different.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 08:26:25 AM »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 08:57:23 AM »
ENY doesnt do nothing but make you have to up crappy plane while your over ran.

Actually, it's supposed to make you move to the less populated country. The problem isn't ENY, it's the frustrated user who doesn't seem to be able to take a hint.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 09:11:38 AM »
The problem isn't ENY, it's the frustrated user who doesn't seem to be able to take a hint.

This should be the final post for EVERY whine about ENY.   :aok
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »
Actually, it's supposed to make you move to the less populated country. The problem isn't ENY, it's the frustrated user who doesn't seem to be able to take a hint.

doesnt that defeat the point of having countries to start with if your gonna be switching everytime a country has envy.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:06 AM »
doesnt that defeat the point of having countries to start with if your gonna be switching everytime a country has envy.

No.

Offline Stogie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 09:39:13 AM »

Not at all
80th FS "Headhunters"Nose Art

S.A.P.P.-Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 09:40:14 AM »
okay lets say the country your in now is about to win the map and and you have 22 ENY and you need one more base to reset, i seriously doubt your gonna switch sides.  and the reason you only have 1 base left is cause you have 30-50 more people then anyone else and your country is doing the hoard and even with the 22 ENY your going through the bases like butter cause ENY doesnt mean crap.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:42:41 AM by columbus »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »
okay lets say the country your in now is about to win the map and and you have 22 ENY and you need one more base to reset, i seriously doubt your gonna switch sides.

Some player do, some players don't.

Not everbody here is playing to win the war. Many do not at all, and many do only sometimes play that way.

There are many reasons and ways to play AH.