Author Topic: Server limits bum me out  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Server limits bum me out
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 10:14:37 AM »
Currently, I am flying solo, (sans squad), and enjoy loggin on nightly, checking the roster, choosing the lowest numbered chess piece and flying anything I want with a veritable plethora of targets.  It also lets me fly with everyone, participating with and enjoying the entire community.  Of course it also gives me a chance to be killed by everyone sooner or later.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
okay lets say the country your in now is about to win the map and and you have 22 ENY and you need one more base to reset, i seriously doubt your gonna switch sides. 

Those of us who switch sides for fights (and balance) generally don't need the 25 perkies you get for "winning teh warz".  Besides, I believe you need to be on the "winning country" for something like 12 hours to get the perks anyway - those who switch might not spend that long on a side at any one time.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 01:29:15 PM »
I usually enjoy flying solo (as in not in a squad) because it allows more freedom. For example if you want to attack the rooks, and your squad is attacking knights and you aren't feeling up for it; The threat of being kicked out for being headstrong isn't there   :neener:
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 08:28:10 PM »
ENY doesnt do nothing but make you have to up crappy plane while your over ran. my theory is that it proved Russian doctrine true, the numbers are a quality in themselves. and ENY assumes we are all the same skill level. if we was it probably wouldn't be so bad being outnumbered. i dont care how you slice it if you have 4-5 good pilots against 10-15 bad pilots i am pretty sure the 4-5 pilots are gonna win. and then you throw in the fact they have better rides to boot.  ENY is just a way to justify being outnumbered but in reality don't mean nothing. in real life if you was out numbered the enemy isnt gonna say oh i am sorry i will start using are less effective weapons against you. could you imagine if the US had ENY in the gulf war. they would have had to use M-4's and the outcome would have been alot different.

To me, if I have to fight 5 to 1 odds, or 10 to 1 odds, I am much happier to be in a P51 fighting against much less uber planes. Whether they are skilled or not I "feel" I have a chance against them as apposed say running into 5 or 10 Spit16's flown  by better than average pilots. 
Actually, it's supposed to make you move to the less populated country. The problem isn't ENY, it's the frustrated user who doesn't seem to be able to take a hint.

I don't think this was the "reason" ENY was put in, but it is and added benefit. I can certainly solve those with the problem of not being able to fly their favorite ride, just switch sides. You get to fly your fav, and you help to even the numbers imbalance.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »
Those of us who switch sides for fights (and balance) generally don't need the 25 perkies you get for "winning teh warz".  Besides, I believe you need to be on the "winning country" for something like 12 hours to get the perks anyway - those who switch might not spend that long on a side at any one time.

umm what's a perkie?   oh ya you mean those things that let you fly the uber planes right?  

Never used em..

Fortunately, while a member of a fantastic squad, I'm not tied to a chess piece or an arena or a style of dying and so on..

All of that BS said I do feel the the concerns and wishes of the Euro players should be addressed.  They pays their monies and play the game for one but more importantly in my mind they bring some perspective into the game that we play and I, for one, truly enjoy hearing it.   

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:36:51 PM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 05:22:37 AM »
well said old bean
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bosch232

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »
The reason it frustrates me is that it prevents me from flying with my squad mates quite often.
"Anything worth doing, is worth OVER doing." ~ Mythbusters

Bosch232 - Pigs On The Wing