Author Topic: X36 and other troubles ...  (Read 406 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
X36 and other troubles ...
« on: October 09, 2000, 02:58:00 AM »
I've sometime a complete loss of throttle control in AH after 30 min flying , I can move the throttle but without effet  
The buttons on the throttle are all working except the WEP, is that a feature to model overheating  or a bug ?

Second trouble I've often some kind of "pause" during the fight (with correct framerate) I've no clues on what happen  

HELP !
thx  

Offline Sac1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2000, 03:15:00 PM »
I use these controls on 2 setups.  I d/l one of the setup programs from the AH site to configure it.  I have noticed that if the back rotator control knob is in the right position on the throtle it stops the signal from both the controls and keyboards.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2000, 01:55:00 AM »
thx will check it ASAP  

Offline Vosper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »
FWIW, I use the X36F (USB) version, and have all the keys mapped to various things.  

Haven't had a problem yet, and I use the thumb knob (which it sounds like, to me, as the chummy being referred to) for aileron trim without seeing any interference with other controls - it works great, I highly suggest it, if you're not using combat trim.

(Combat trim, yuck, ick ick)

Cheers

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2000, 04:55:00 PM »
The rotator knobs on the throttle will send constant commands as long as they are rotated right or left from the center detent. Most of the commands I programmed are only sending one short command, but the rotators will interfere with other commands from time to time if they are left rotated. This is one reason I did not use them for flight commands such as trim adjustments. I use them for information, and landing commands such as brakes and wheels.

The problem may not always show up depending upon what you have programmed to be sent by these rotators.

When I wrote the Saitek Profile offered on the download page as RangerBob.zip I did quite a lot of flight testing with each programmed key/button on the stick and throttle.  I stayed away from using the rotators as trim adjustments. I found they did not allow the pilot to control trim as fine as if the trim adjusters were located on the hat on the throttle. The hat was programmed to allow either one push in one of 4 directions introducing one input trim adjustment, or to hold down the hat in one direction to get constant trim inputs. This allows the pilot to induce very fine 1 input at a time adjustments when needed, or to fly the plane out of a compression with constant inputs. The rotators did not allow for that fine input as it's hard to tell when you rotate the wheel if you have given 1,2, or 3 input commands. With the hat you know when you hit it down once it's 1 input.

Ranger Bob

Offline Asmodan PL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2000, 04:38:00 PM »
X36 GamePort wersion got alot of bugs    
(i got one too) i had a problem like that so just rewrit Warbirds setup to AH and workin fine    

<S>

------------------
Asmodan
308 (Polish) Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"

[This message has been edited by Asmodan PL (edited 10-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Asmodan PL (edited 10-26-2000).]