Author Topic: TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD  (Read 23265 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: TOWN TOO BIG FOR AVERAGE SQUAD
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »
i say put the town back to the way it was but a little bigger. kind of like stretch it out a little but same old lay out. install new buildings more guns some mannable some 5" and some auto
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2010, 11:25:11 AM »

Personally I feel this has bolstered giant fur-balling  with no incentive for any strategy.

That is no longer part of the game and imho has turned quite a few away.  Becoming a furballer, for the most part, is the only thing that has kept me here.  Just sayin'...

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
That is no longer part of the game and imho has turned quite a few away.  Becoming a furballer, for the most part, is the only thing that has kept me here.  Just sayin'...

Could that be part of a personal evolution too? I mean, being here for a long time I have seen many, many players going the way from "strategic" to "furball" long before the new strats & towns.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
From my perspective it seems to have been done to encourage combat and get all kinds of player types into the same fight.

I assumed that's why they made the changes, among others...
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
Id like to see less bases but more stuff to go along with them. In the AvA they have 2 vbases seperated by a bridgehead town...that type of thing needs to be debugged and tweak so the MA could have it.

Maybe make a cnter town with suburb type villages around it that need to go down on Zone bases. I dont ave any other ideas for the smaller fields lol
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2010, 12:13:34 PM »
Only takes 6 SAPP 38s with torpedos to kill the town. We tested it.

I don't see what the incintive is to take a map anyway. You just get a different one. Maybe after a long while one would get old. That can be fixed by simply resetting the arena with a new one each week.

Same argument can be made about furballing, what's the point of it if the bad guy can just take off again?  Well the obvious answer is that it is fun.  The base capture guys obviously find a lot of enjoyment in what they do too.  Granted, I don't personally find it to be much fun as a main source of gameplay but I certainly understand that if those guys are happy, it makes furballers/survivalists happy by creating more action in a war atmosphere.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »
I believe we are getting off topic here a bit
Subject is plain and simple
Town is to large for small squads
The object of being on a squad is to have the  ability to create a  strategic plan of attack
No one needs to be a on squad to fly around and just kill . If that was all I wanted I would purchase one
of those game consoles.

We play becuase we used to enjoy taking bases,ports and having the ability to catch opposite groups off guard

Now becuase of the town size and in-ability to determine it status it has put us in a bad position.
Squad members not showing up because of the frustration that is being created just playing the game now....
And I have spoken to at least 4 people who have recently left since the change. :confused:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
Id like to see less bases but more stuff to go along with them. In the AvA they have 2 vbases seperated by a bridgehead town...that type of thing needs to be debugged and tweak so the MA could have it.

Maybe make a cnter town with suburb type villages around it that need to go down on Zone bases. I dont ave any other ideas for the smaller fields lol

VERY EXCELLENT ideas.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »
HiTech, please add at least 30 minutes to the downtime of a building or reduce the size of the town.  Thx <S>

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
VERY EXCELLENT ideas.

I like that
Our Squad was at one time only a AVA squad. Its a shame it never got to its full potential

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2010, 12:23:53 PM »
I like that
Our Squad was at one time only a AVA squad. Its a shame it never got to its full potential

your squad, or the ava?

if you mean the ava, you guys oughtta check it out again. it really IS a fun place to play.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
Could that be part of a personal evolution too? I mean, being here for a long time I have seen many, many players going the way from "strategic" to "furball" long before the new strats & towns.
I started out as an NOE 110 jockey.  It is something for new guys to do while climbing the learning curve.  Even before the town change, I did less and less base taking.  It seems to be a typical evolution.

Personally, I think the new town layout is great.  Definitely more difficult, perhaps too much so for a newbie.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Vapor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2010, 12:50:49 PM »
I like the towns too. I also like the idea of blowing up a percentage of town, longer down times, or a combination. We could include having to destroy a enemy town garrison or troops too. It does seem more difficult to get a group of solo players grouped sufficiently to effectively take a base especially the larger ones. My 2 cents too.   :airplane:

Lt. Vapor
VF-17 Jolly Rogers
AH Tour 115 start

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »
your squad, or the ava?

if you mean the ava, you guys oughtta check it out again. it really IS a fun place to play.

Teh Squad I am in . The Avengers" We only flew in there. We loved the staged missions and getting together with other squads
. It was great. We left because of a certain Faction,but have since heard that has also changed.
I should talk to Luttrel (the CO) about this. If it indeed has gotten better....

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »
Teh Squad I am in . The Avengers" We only flew in there. We loved the staged missions and getting together with other squads
. It was great. We left because of a certain Faction,but have since heard that has also changed.
I should talk to Luttrel (the CO) about this. If it indeed has gotten better....

trust me when i tell ya......i wouldn't be in there if it wasn't a blast. i'd be still flying with a bunch of guys i like in mw......or my squaddies in lw, or both.
 the only thing wrong with the ava, is that everyone keeps saying "i'd try it, but there's never anyone in there".....whereas if they popped in, there would indeed be some in there.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"