Author Topic: Top Gun 2  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Top Gun 2
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »
But Top Gun 2? Blah.Come on. Jerry Bruckheimer should stick to CSI:Rhode Island...
Just going to ruin another classic. Maverick's successor will probably be Justin Beiber or some crap. If he's stuck on the idea, just make another Iron Eagle movie. There's like ten of those and they already suck.

QFT. Every word of it, lol.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »
But Top Gun 2? Blah.Come on. Jerry Bruckheimer should stick to CSI:Rhode Island...
Just going to ruin another classic. Maverick's successor will probably be Justin Beiber or some crap. If he's stuck on the idea, just make another Iron Eagle movie. There's like ten of those and they already suck.

as true as that maybe... does the whole 'crazy factor' of Tom Cruise detract from the experience? (I'm in no way defending Justin Beiber).
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
as true as that maybe... does the whole 'crazy factor' of Tom Cruise detract from the experience? (I'm in no way defending Justin Beiber).

I will admit, in every other movie I see Tom Cruise in, I cannot take him seriously. Top Gun however, has always seemed equally bad ass. It may be that it is so deeply ingraned into who I am that I just don't notice it's him, like some repressed memory, lol.

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
What I have read is that Yes they are making Top Gun 2.  Yes Tom Cruise will be in it, but will not have the lead role.  They do not know what fighters they will use.  Either the f-35 or f/a-18 super hornet.

The producers and writers are having a hard time trying to come up with a story because Top Gun has changed so much from 20 years ago when they made it.  Since Top Gun is no longer in Miramar and is moved to Fallon Nevada that changes some things (sorry guys no more beach volleyball).  

Also since the mission of Top Gun has changed from purely a Dog Fighting School to more of a Naval Strike Air Warfare Center/NSAWC it is going to be hard to write a story on that as well.  I mean before you had planes buzzing, doing high G turns, and barrel rolls.  What are they going to write about now.  Who can get closest with there GPS guided bomb.  Not really exciting.  These are some of things the writers were talking about in a interview.

I also read that there is a possibility that Cruise will play the lead instructor of Top Gun.  A student will have the same personality and flying skills as he did when he was a younger pilot.  The pilot will be a woman which Maverick will have a rough time dealing with, a) she is a girl, b) good looking, c)she reminds maverick how he used to be and he tries to break that habit.

Like I said this is stuff that I have just read from the producers and writers on the subject of Top Gun 2.  Yes they know the original was kind of a corny story but they did try and keep it somewhat true to form.  That is what they kind of what to do with this one as well.

This is just one website that I found on the latest on Top Gun 2.  I cant seem to find the interviews with some of the writers that I have read.

http://screenrant.com/tom-cruise-top-gun-2-2-benm-82832/

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »
Behind Enemy Lines Part 4

twittle this

What I have read is that Yes they are making Top Gun 2.  Yes Tom Cruise will be in it, but will not have the lead role.  They do not know what fighters they will use.  Either the f-35 or f/a-18 super hornet.

The producers and writers are having a hard time trying to come up with a story because Top Gun has changed so much from 20 years ago when they made it.  Since Top Gun is no longer in Miramar and is moved to Fallon Nevada that changes some things (sorry guys no more beach volleyball).  

Also since the mission of Top Gun has changed from purely a Dog Fighting School to more of a Naval Strike Air Warfare Center/NSAWC it is going to be hard to write a story on that as well.  I mean before you had planes buzzing, doing high G turns, and barrel rolls.  What are they going to write about now.  Who can get closest with there GPS guided bomb.  Not really exciting.  These are some of things the writers were talking about in a interview.

I also read that there is a possibility that Cruise will play the lead instructor of Top Gun.  A student will have the same personality and flying skills as he did when he was a younger pilot.  The pilot will be a woman which Maverick will have a rough time dealing with, a) she is a girl, b) good looking, c)she reminds maverick how he used to be and he tries to break that habit.

Like I said this is stuff that I have just read from the producers and writers on the subject of Top Gun 2.  Yes they know the original was kind of a corny story but they did try and keep it somewhat true to form.  That is what they kind of what to do with this one as well.

This is just one website that I found on the latest on Top Gun 2.  I cant seem to find the interviews with some of the writers that I have read.

http://screenrant.com/tom-cruise-top-gun-2-2-benm-82832/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:35:07 PM by Perrine »

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 05:18:32 PM »
IF, Top Gun 2 is done like the original.

IF, they use Super Hornets

IF, they live action most of the flying and CGI the battle scenes so they look real

IF, The focus is heightened on the fighting and flying not the stupid banging in beach houses

I might watch this movie
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 06:45:04 PM »

Gonna be as awesome as this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!@!@!@!!@)000
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
How about they make a scenario where Navy F-18 and 35s go after against the elite Iranian F-14s who are causing trouble in the middle east? :devil

I know hollywood has the budget to put at least 1 mothballed F-14s back in service and make CGI copies for more F-14s in the movie.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Too bad the US STILL has more operable F-14s than the real-life Iranian military...

:D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »
I say refit the F-14 with newer engines and avionics, give it a ton of R.A.M. and bring back my favorite plane already.   :rock 

AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
I say refit the F-14 with newer engines and avionics, give it a ton of R.A.M. and bring back my favorite plane already.   :rock 

Im sure Grumman will be happy to do that for you.
How would you like to pay for it, cash? visa?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
We need to practice that high 5 to low 5 move.

You both will also need to work on your towel snapping for the shower scene.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »

ack-ack

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 12:36:48 PM »

ack-ack

Hand towels are hard to snap.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
Too bad the US STILL has more operable F-14s than the real-life Iranian military...

:D

Thought they were all scrapped?