Author Topic: "Don't move your controls so rapidly"  (Read 591 times)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
"Don't move your controls so rapidly"
« on: October 16, 2000, 04:01:00 AM »
I started getting this message over and over and over tonite.
Flew a lot in the TA, did some flying in the MA, logged off, then when I came back in, I started getting the message almost continously.
I tried adjusting the deadband, the damper, everything I could think of.  Wardog told me to try turning off the "poll interrupt" feature in the joystick area in MS Windows.....nothing has helped.
I am using a Logitech Wingman Digital Xtreme 3D, less than 6 months old.
Anyone got ANY ideas of how to get this straightened?  I am at a loss.

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2000, 07:03:00 AM »
 If your using the 3.30 Wingman software with DirectX 7.0a then you have to download /install the P532-533 exe patch from Logitechs website.

Frosty1

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2000, 08:26:00 PM »
They need to get rid of that "Don't move your controls so rapidly" crap. I was dogfighting in my Spit 9 as usual and I like to move around a lot. It always keeps the guy on your six working. But one day that happened and me and the ground became new best friends.  

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »
I hope the "Dont move your stick so rapidly" message stays. If folks are stick stirring they need to take a dirt nap and think about it. Dont quite think that induced warping is making your enemy work for it.
btw, have never seen this message except when calibrating rudder pedals.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2000, 01:33:00 PM »
I had this problem a month or two back. It coincided with a new version of AH and I convinced myself for a while that HTC had altered the anti-rollwarp code. For a week or so every other flight would end with me augering in. Eventually it dawned on me that no one else was having the problem so it must be down to my system.

It turned out to be my joystick. The roll axis had a spike in it which was triggering the rollwarp code. I changed the pot and hey presto, problem solved.

AH has a really nice joystick testing routine in setup. Take a look in there and check your stick and pedal movements look smooth.