Author Topic: Ultimate Lameness  (Read 4290 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Ultimate Lameness
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »
What is the point of hiding CV's?  In my opinion, it ruins game play, and whatever your excuse is, show's you're a coward.  I'm sure there will be people who will say: "But its a good tactic to deny the enemy use of the CV!"

It is not a tactic, its the lack there of, and you're denying yourself the use of the CV as well.

The level of skill and sportsmanship in this game is in complete decline.  Between the 100 hordelings, the HOtards, and our Fearless Admiralty, I am starting to get the impression we're getting World of Warcraft overspill populating our arenas.

"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
Re: Ultimate Lameness
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »
See Rule number 8.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
since when is war about fairness? tactically a CV in enemy hands is bad. why would you put the CV in danger especially if the port it belongs to is in enemy hands? and risk it being sunk will make it a weapon against you. i play the game to take bases and reset the map. i view the CV as a asset only when we own the port. otherwise i don't see it being put in harms way a good use for it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
Someone needs to clue in the CV hiders that even if the CV dies it respawns to the port it is connected to.  Hiding the cv actually hurts the war effort, as you aren't utilizing a resource that continuously respawns.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
if it hurts it for the enemy then i guess we did our job. we aren't gonna help you win the war!

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
What is the point of hiding CV's?  In my opinion, it ruins game play

How? How does it ruin game play? How are you or anyone else prevented from flying any plane you like and fighting the enemy any way you like? How does one CV being far from the front force people to HO, horde, or engage in any other form of bad game play?

and whatever your excuse is, show's you're a coward.  

Well, that's a stupid opinion. Leaving aside the dubious association of personal courage with how one plays a game in which no one actually gets hurt, even in game terms nothing happens to either of us if the CV is hidden or isn't hidden. I don't get shot down any sooner or any later. I don't save one single solitary cartoon life by sending a CV to the rear, or lose one by sending it to the front. There aren't any fewer fights, there's still the same number of players in the arena. And almost always there are still CV assaults, because if your side owns enemy CVs you almost certainly own friendly ones as well and no one is unwilling to use those aggressively.

It is not a tactic

Yes, it is. So there.

you're denying yourself the use of the CV as well.

CVs in this game are highly vulnerable. To be used aggressively to any good effect they have to be expendable. A CV whose port you own is expendable. A CV whose port the enemy owns, or whose port is isolated deep in enemy territory, is not expendable. Giving that CV to the enemy gives him a valuable tool. Hiding it isn't denying yourself a valuable tool, because it isn't a valuable tool without the port being secure.

But the important point isn't whether you agree with any of that, no one says you have to. What's important is that you respect the opinions of others. I respect the opinion of those who feel that CVs should be sent to the front, I just disagree with it. I don't think you're a jerk or an idiot or a bad sport or a coward because you disagree with me as to the best way to employ CVs, I just think you're mistaken. However, you are being a jerk (etc.) when you come here and declare that anyone who disagrees with you is a moral reprobate and responsible for the decline of western civilization.

The level of skill and sportsmanship in this game is in complete decline.  

Sportsmanship is not running the ball straight up the middle 37 times in a row. Sportsmanship is not meeting your opponent's fist with your jaw because ducking or blocking would be "cowardly". And sportsmanship is not handing back to the enemy on a silver platter a valuable asset you went to a great deal of trouble to seize from him.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
You know whats funny? Try and move a CV into combat just try and set up a battle and you will have people move it out of combat and cry on country they are "saving" the cv.  On one hand you have people hide the CV and on the other you have people who are scared to lose it.

vDevils tears are abundant these days.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
Someone needs to clue in the CV hiders that even if the CV dies it respawns to the port it is connected to.  Hiding the cv actually hurts the war effort, as you aren't utilizing a resource that continuously respawns.

Unless you don't own the port anymore in which case you are denying the enemy a resource that continuously respawns.
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

The level of skill and sportsmanship in this game is in complete decline.  Between the 100 hordelings, the HOtards, and our Fearless Admiralty, I am starting to get the impression we're getting World of Warcraft overspill populating our arenas.

If you think it is that bad, you should stop playing ...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »
since when is war about fairness?

Reality check...this is not war.  It is a game about combat.  Yes, I said it...and I'll say it again - it is a GAME about COMBAT.  Hiding a CV denies people from using it for combat.  But, I don't give a crap about winning the "war" - whoopdy-do you get 25 perks, congratulations. 

But I do give a crap when so many people go to such lengths to not fight - like hiding a CV because it counts as another base for "teh winz" instead of using it for tactical purposes and generating combat, bailing from a plane when you get within 3k because they don't want combat, rolling undefended bases and then moving to the other side of the map if they meet any resistance because they don't want combat.  It's a sad state of affairs when people pay money to play a combat game but don't want to engage in actual combat.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »
everyone pays their 14.95 a month to play they want too. this is a fact of the game. you have 3 country's with 100 people on each side with small groups doing something completely different, some helping their country and  some just flying rouge. get over it.  while everyone has a opinion how how the game should be played, until HTC does something to force them all to play on the same page, this well continue to be problem. if you don't like then i guess you will continue to whine. i personally will not let a CV get into enemy hands if i can help it.  you don't need a CV to find a fight . you can take off from any base on the front lines to do that.  and most of the time there is 2 fronts you can choose from. saying the CV not being there for you to find a fight is a lie.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
you should call the office tomorrow mornign first thing, and demand that they force those responsible to come here on the bbs and apologize, and promise to never do it again........after they release the cv.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:38 PM »
Not that I've ever done it but there's a lot more dweebish play going on in this game than hiding a CV.  The lengths people will go to to post a whine thread.   :rolleyes:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »
Reality check...this is not war.  It is a game about combat.  Yes, I said it...and I'll say it again - it is a GAME about COMBAT.  Hiding a CV denies people from using it for combat.  But, I don't give a crap about winning the "war" - whoopdy-do you get 25 perks, congratulations.  

But I do give a crap when so many people go to such lengths to not fight - like hiding a CV because it counts as another base for "teh winz" instead of using it for tactical purposes and generating combat, bailing from a plane when you get within 3k because they don't want combat, rolling undefended bases and then moving to the other side of the map if they meet any resistance because they don't want combat.  It's a sad state of affairs when people pay money to play a combat game but don't want to engage in actual combat.

ImADot, why dont you take control of said CV's when you see this going on if you do not like it???
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:07:57 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 12:03:29 AM »
Help me out here.  Are there people in this thread actually justifying something as idiotic as hiding CV's?

LOL you gents gotta get out more.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters