Author Topic: Ultimate Lameness  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Ultimate Lameness
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2010, 01:01:57 AM »
What can I say, I have attended too many church services at Preacher CorkyJr's congregation.  :D

LOL and clearly fell asleep during the sermon :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2010, 06:57:02 AM »
....  Personally, I like to get the CVs into the action and mix it up.  If we lose it, we lose it.  It was fun while it lasted.  ......

Best thing posted  :aok

...Leave things as they are.  .... Are there issues?  Sure.   .... There will always be those who hide them, use them ignorantly, switch sides to spy on them, and other cheesiness. ...

If used as they were intended, the issues you speak of would not have any merit would it....

Take a moment and think outside the box.  This is exactly where all the spiraling and escalating problems stem from.  Some players in this game mimic Newtons law of motion and the cycle of problems begin.

You can bet that to continue hiding cv's will bring on much more dweebery than you could imagine. 

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »
{snip] I think everyones BBS name and call sign in the game should be the same. That way you can't hide behind a BBS persona, and people could be some what held accountable for what they type.

I had an AH BBS ID for probably 5 years before I switched to the sim and opened an account for online play - my BBS ID was my WWIIOL callsign (I switched call signs going to WWIIOL because I couldn't use "-Ghost", as I had been in WB's). 

And when I went into an AH arena for the first time and was forced to choose a callsign, it wouldn't let me use "Ghastly", so I had to choose something different. So it's not always intentional when people use different ID's - and that's excluding the fact that you can change your online callsign but not your BBS id.

I wouldn't mind if they were (forced to be) the same, but things would need to change administratively for that to happen, and I'd rather the HTC crew spent dev time on more important things.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »
The US didn't HIDE them prior to pearl harbor.  They were all deployed... and since the attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise, there was no motive to HIDE them.  Had anyone been able to predict the time and place of the Japanese attack, I doubt the Battleships would have been lined up at anchor either.  

It was fortuitous that the CVs were not in Pearl Harbor.  I was being funny when I suggested that the US had 'hidden' them.  It was supposed to be something in the spirit of John Belushi's Animal House quote, "Was it OVER when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  NO! "

I apologize if the joke flew over your head.  But thank you for the history lesson.  I will sleep much better tonight knowing where are CVs were on December 7, 1941.     :salute

:neener:
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2010, 09:32:54 AM »
A quick fix would be to leave the last captains name in lights until they have been replaced.  I do not like the fact that you can move a CV without "taking command".  That at least would give the guys on the BBs a bit more ammo for degrading dweebs. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »
 :cry
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »
It was fortuitous that the CVs were not in Pearl Harbor.  I was being funny when I suggested that the US had 'hidden' them.  It was supposed to be something in the spirit of John Belushi's Animal House quote, "Was it OVER when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  NO! "

I apologize if the joke flew over your head.  But thank you for the history lesson.  I will sleep much better tonight knowing where are CVs were on December 7, 1941.     :salute

:neener:

That's the thing about the written word... hard to tell when someone is joking and when they are being serious.  Especially when you dont know the age and/or knowledge base of who made the statement.  Next time be sure to use the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags around the humorous statements  :D

And...  :neener: right back at ya!   :salute

[sarcasm] You mean the Germans DIDNT bomb pearl harbor? [/sarcasm]

***G3-MF***

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »
IMHO hiding CV's only causes all of this drama both in game and here in the BBS. Just think about it...say if the Rooks capture a Knight port and they aren't able to find the CV belonging to that port, most likely you will have people searching for that "hidden CV" while others will try and contact someone they know on the opposite country and pin a location of that enemy CV or simply switch sides and move the CV to a striking point where the Rooks can hit the CV easily. It happens, has happened and will continue to happen because people think differently and learn at different rates than others. People will do their own thing which makes us human...just because people aren't ALL on the same page about "How to Control a CV" doesn't make anyone better then anyone. It happens, it's a game, deal with it I say or just don't bother with the CV's.

:salute SWkiljoy
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
IMHO hiding CV's only causes all of this drama both in game and here in the BBS. Just think about it...say if the Rooks capture a Knight port and they aren't able to find the CV belonging to that port, most likely you will have people searching for that "hidden CV" while others will try and contact someone they know on the opposite country and pin a location of that enemy CV or simply switch sides and move the CV to a striking point where the Rooks can hit the CV easily. It happens, has happened and will continue to happen because people think differently and learn at different rates than others. People will do their own thing which makes us human...just because people aren't ALL on the same page about "How to Control a CV" doesn't make anyone better then anyone. It happens, it's a game, deal with it I say or just don't bother with the CV's.

:salute SWkiljoy

hiding the cv's causes nothing, with the exception of the cv's being hidden.

the people taking this crap too seriously are causing all the drama. this time it's the hidden cv's. next time it'll be whatever happens to be climbing out of their anal orifice.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »
hiding the cv's causes nothing, with the exception of the cv's being hidden.

the people taking this crap too seriously are causing all the drama. this time it's the hidden cv's. next time it'll be whatever happens to be climbing out of their anal orifice.
So true  :lol   Moving on...  :bolt:
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »
So true  :lol   Moving on...  :bolt:

btw...my comment wasn't intended to be disrespectful to you sir.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »
btw...my comment wasn't intended to be disrespectful to you sir.
Understood CAP. It's forums, I don't take anything on here seriously unless it's from an admin  :O

:salute
<<S>> SWkiljoy