Author Topic: Flight Simulator Team  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Flight Simulator Team
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
A very firm grip on the reel

IN order to completely hijack this thread...I just shamelessly stole the picture you posted for use in some training class material for hardened steel pipe that I teach to customers.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline GrimReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
http://www.virtusphere.com/  that versions already taken.LOL . Yes about The  flight sim program and the need to get inputs from game to activate certain motors at certain times.I have  however overcome challenge of getting a  signal via  slip ring assembly.
GrimReaper

Offline wakes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »

This is my First IN........it feels sooo good

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
This is my First IN........it feels sooo good

Yep. IN'ing brings a whole plethora of extremely INtense emotions with it.
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline GrimReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
 The first prototype will only generate a very low  G load , enough for a  thrill or a small  chub-on.1Max  but on a  large scale a warehouse may be required to get a much higher load factor.
GrimReaper

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 06:27:25 PM »
Paul? Paul Hinds, is that you?

Awww christ, you know you're old when you know who Paul Hinds is....  :old:
I wasn't even around online combat flight sims when that went down and I know that name.  INteresting that this type of post is popping up again.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »
I'm looking for an electronics expert to join my team .I am building a flight Sim that will enable you to have a  full 360 deg  nonstop rotation on pitch roll and  yaw .What i need is  someone who would be interested in helping configure all the electronic variables  for this   project,including  joystick and peripherals  as well as dc motor and harnesses.Monitor cable wiring and  much more.Money may be  made at  some point but as for now,its purely a labor of  love.I could defiantly use advice through entire build to pull it all together.Please respond if you are interested i believe this  could be a great adventure that will eventually lead to riches

Thank  Erik Morgan(AKA) GrimReaper

javascript:void(0);

:airplane:

I used one of thous simulators before (class D sim), the thing was a size of a house and required a 2nd house filled with computers to power it.

good luck  :bolt:
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
The first prototype will only generate a very low  G load , enough for a  thrill or a small  chub-on.1Max  but on a  large scale a warehouse may be required to get a much higher load factor.

1G max. So that's like...you're not moving at all then.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »

thats what I was was thinking
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »
1G max.

exactly, unless it can move at high speed your not getting more than 1G

So that's like...you're not moving at all then.

That can actually be done, for example when your braking have the sim bank forward so you would feel that forward motion and then it needs to move back very slow so the occupants would not be able to feel it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:29:44 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »
I'm a new pilot, but I do believe that 1g is just the force of gravity.

Any less than 1g is pulling negative g's
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
I'm a new pilot, but I do believe that 1g is just the force of gravity.

Any less than 1g is pulling negative g's

+.9Gs?   :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:34:16 PM by MachFly »
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »

That can actually be done, for example when your braking have the sim bank forward so you would feel that forward motion and then it needs to move back very slow so the occupants would not be able to feel it.

Just by moving back and forward your chair is not same thing. You need a centrifuge with a decent radius. 

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
Just by moving back and forward your chair is not same thing. You need a centrifuge with a decent radius.  

Your right, just moving forward & back is not enough. However if you can make it bank you can use part of the gravity to simulate centrifugal forces (given that it's a fully enclosed sim and you can't see the real world).
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline GrimReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »

Even 2 gs with the visual stimulation and complete nonstop rotation on a  x,y,and z axis should  give you a  hell of  a ride ,on the amusement level.I almost guarantee someone will puke in the testing and ill bet  it  will be me.
 It may hit 2  gs  but  i wont know till its  tested with a g meter ,but i need to make a  workable prototype to start.Everything would  change somewhat when you do it  on a full sized cockpit level,but all same principals would apply.I'm would be  this  to sell to people  for personal or amusement companies to use on a charge per use  basis.But i just want to build one to try and run this  or other simulator games like racing,bobsledding,roller coaster, or even eye-max type  3D movies.I'm not counting any chickens till all the  ducks are in a  row!
  It will not  be  easy or  cheap for a  1   manned unit  i guess 30-50gs to build it.But i appreciate all the negative comments!
GrimReaper