Author Topic: same old story  (Read 1081 times)

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
same old story
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:43:38 PM »
1 arena cap 170/100 can`t get in that arena but wait theres another arena 24/150 gee divide that by 3 and there`s 8 players per country.Getting so tired of this stupid idea of arena caps,there never seems to be a problem on titanic tuesday with the amount of players in 1 arena.What can we do about this,i know there`s numberous post about it.RANT OVER..I`m out   :cheers:

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: same old story
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
1 arena cap 170/100 can`t get in that arena but wait theres another arena 24/150 gee divide that by 3 and there`s 8 players per country.Getting so tired of this stupid idea of arena caps,there never seems to be a problem on titanic tuesday with the amount of players in 1 arena.What can we do about this,i know there`s numberous post about it.RANT OVER..I`m out   :cheers:

So tired of the :cry
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:10:16 PM »
moin

i totaly agry with you sirvlad, cant understand the way HTC is going and cant understand some people still have no problem with this situation.
maybe thay dont knew the old days and how much fun it was in Aces High.

cu chris3

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
MidWar is in rock&roll mode with 24 total peeps on.  

8 vs 8 vs 8 can make for some serious fighting if everyone knows their stuff.  

Having said that, yeah....sounds HTC might want to go to one single LW arena.  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
moin

sure 1 vs 1 is coole too sometime but if im searching for a smal fight i can go play IL 2 sturmovik.

did i understand this right HTC is planigh to get back to a singel LW arena?

cu chris3

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »
moin

i totaly agry with you sirvlad, cant understand the way HTC is going and cant understand some people still have no problem with this situation.
maybe thay dont knew the old days and how much fun it was in Aces High.

cu chris3

Having played this game longer than you have, I do remember the old days and how much fun it was (and still is) but I still don't have any issues with the arena caps as they don't affect me at all.  Though, I will admit that the Euro players are given the short end by having the caps in place when it's the Euro prime time and not enough players.  That's the only problem I see with the caps.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:46 PM »
I like the caps, makes it hard to horde until one of the countries reaches critical mass.  Most likely that'll be in Orange, so I'll see you wall in blue!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »
did i understand this right HTC is planigh to get back to a singel LW arena?

No.
As far as I know, HTC has not announced anything like that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »
I like the caps, makes it hard to horde until one of the countries reaches critical mass.  Most likely that'll be in Orange, so I'll see you wall in blue!

And yet, all I ever see is either hoards, or planes diving in from the stratosphere trying to kill radar.  Fighting is dead in the MAs.  Its the last resort after getting too slow to run and your friends are long gone.  The caps have done nothing to change anything since the game and the people have not changed.  Less people in an arena does not change the mentality or the objective of the game.  Instead of 3 hoards attacking 3 fields we have 1 attacking 1 field.  Big deal.  With more people on the better chance to find a few that are willing to fight.  With less, even less.

The mid war is worse.  20 players on the other day and the only place to see a red con was at a vulched field.

All the caps do is make it easy on the FE.  Other than that, nothing was accomplished.  If HT is trying to change behavior he needs to try something else.  Maybe change the objectives of the game or scoring or who knows.  All I know is that I behave the same way when 20 people are around and when 100 are around.  I don;t see how less people in an arena changes behavior.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
I like the caps, makes it hard to horde until one of the countries reaches critical mass.  Most likely that'll be in Orange, so I'll see you wall in blue!

As a former EW player I know: Hording is not depending on huge numbers. With only 24 players, it's quite easy to run into numbers like 16-6-2.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 03:22:02 PM »
As a former EW player I know: Hording is not depending on huge numbers. With only 24 players, it's quite easy to run into numbers like 16-6-2.

And often the norm too.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
"Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting; it is not logical but it is often true."

There will always be people whining no matter what area set-up we have.  There will never be a way to please everyone, ever.  Some may remember "the good ol days" with 1 arena, but consider this, how many people have come and gone since then?  How have the ways of the players changed due to the times since 5-10 years ago?  We don't have everyone we did back then for "the good days" people have changed and it will never be the same again, 1 arena will not change that.  The same concepts of communications apply here, it is unrepeatable, unavoidable, and irreversible.  The "good ol days" can't be repeated, it's unavoidable that things will change, and it can't be changed back to how it was.

Until someone can find a viable and original idea for arenas, this is HiTech's way of keeping the majority happy.  Do you hate the caps, really hate them?  No, because you still play.  You still manage to find a slice of fun in between the 'hatred' of the caps, enough fun to keep you coming back.  I do agree that changing the cap "time" may help, but they do not affect me, thus I don't mind if they change or not.

:salute
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »
I'm guessing 500 more threads with the same whine will surely make a difference :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »
I'm guessing 500 more threads with the same whine will surely make a difference :)

I hope so.  ;)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »

I guess its a whine because you don't agree with it?  Have you gotten your cookie yet?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.