Author Topic: I Love playing this game  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
I Love playing this game
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
Truly.

I'm 54, I play alot.  Never did I imagine as a kid that we would be able to do something like this.
This is a priviledge to participate in.  Some nights are better than others, but even though some nights are frustrating, it's still good.

My favorite part is flying alongside some guy you hardly know, and being his friend, his buddy, his wingman, 10 seconds after ya say hi because you gotta couple bandits
that you're about to engage, together.

This thread is about the positive aspects of this game in an effort to counter the mulitiple complaint threads that are so prevalent.
I accept it for what it is.  I need not demand improvements, new planes, new terrains, new settings, because stuff has been added since I started and I joined "as is",
so anything new is just a bonus added to what I signed up for.

Please join me in a positive thread, tell me what you like best about what we have.

:salute It's a pleasure to fly with or against you folks.

Thanks
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: I Love playing this game
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »
Nice having you around...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 68Mason

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
 :salute

I was welcomed with open arms into the 68th and the camaraderie we have is fantastic.  Everyone in the squad that shows up to any arena is there to have a great time and there is no bickering at all!

After going to the last two CONS, I have met some interesting folks who like me, have an interest in WWII and a love of aviation.

Just logging in having a common goal and sharing experiences makes it worthwhile for me!

:salute Zoney  
Commanding Officer
68th Bombardment Squadron
"Fighting 68th"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
This game is the only one i can't keep myself away from. Always a challenge, and never dull. Whenever I face an amazing stick, I either try my best to beat them, or learn what to do next time when I face a similar scenario. I joined 4 years ago, and have always considered everything we've been given since then as a bonus. (The first add-on I saw was the B-25 if I remember correct).

I just have 3 goals I need to accomplish for this year

Beat grizz in his 109 in my 109, get the Short Stirling added, and be able to be accurate with no tracers

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »
Best game ever!  :aok

I'm always surprised when I realize I've been playing this for over 5 years now. It's a game you can never just put down and leave if you really love WWII or Air combat.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »
There are so many great things in and around this game so I'll list my top three in order

1) The people.  For the most part the people that play this game and post here are some of the best people I've ever known.  Seeing people who don't really know each other reach out and support someone when they're having trying times in real life or seeking help on an aspect of the game shows a lot more character as a whole than any other community I've been a member of.

2) The game.  I'm never bored, I'll always be average to sub par, but I have never been online going 'this is boring'.  If I start to feel a little put out or frustrated I can do any number of things that may seem strange to other people but I can guarantee that if I'm driving a PT boat or a Jeep somewhere I'm laughing my rear off.

3) The history.  I've learned more about the real history of WWII just reading posts of some of the real students thereof than I could learn in a year of personal research or structured school.  

So ya Zoney I'm right there with you.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »
potatoe's
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
I posted in a whine thread that I was getting bored and that the game is turning into nothing more than arcade style foolishness.

However, after reading Zoney's post it really helped me to put things back into perspective. This is the kind of game that I wanted ever since I was a little kid.

I feel that Dicho's post hit the nail on the head. So yeah, I'm right there with ya too Zoney. :cheers:

<S> Melvin

P.S. Great thread.
See Rule #4

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
I also am in my 50's and like Latrobe, I've been here about 5 years. This is the only online game I've ever played, and because of the folks connected with it, it will probably be the only one. It's become such a wonderful addiction, that when I renew my subscription I normally renew it for at least 2 years at a time. My first renewal was for three years! Imagine that! That's how strong my faith is in HTC and all that help make the game what it is.
It will always be the people.

Thanks, Guys

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
dont know bout you folks, but this thread made my day

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
yes I agree :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »
dont know bout you folks, but this thread made my day

+1

best thread i've seen in a long time.

THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 02:17:33 PM »
love the thread Zoney, i can't disagree with anything you have said about the game and the players.   :D

i used to play awhile back, but had to stop. when i looked back on it i realized how fun this game was to me and all the people who enjoyed playing it with me.
so i came back and have enjoyed it even more than i did the first time i played aceshigh.  :salute great thread (pin this)  :cheers:

RedTail

Offline Ron

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »

+1 Totally absorbing. I spend far too much time playing for my own good...!!

God Save the Queen..!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »
Zoney, your post came at a time when I'd about given up on these forums. Seems all I read is nonsence and complaints,then your post pops up. :aok

I couldnt agree more with you and some of the other posts in this thread.