Author Topic: joystick help  (Read 623 times)

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
joystick help
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:19:17 PM »
hey guys i have noticed that my joystick is to sensitive, how would i go about getting it to were its not as sensitive, also, i know that everytime i go to take off in a plane, my plane drifts off to the right or left, i dont know why, but the only plane i can use to were it wont do that is the 38L, also if some one can help me getting my frame rate to were its not hopping all over the place that would be nice too thanks for the help in advance.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: joystick help
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »
Sounds like you need to adjust the scaling.

Try something like that on the Pitch axis for starters.

If its a twisty stick add some deadband on rudder axis.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
i know that everytime i go to take off in a plane, my plane drifts off to the right or left, i dont know why, but the only plane i can use to were it wont do that is the 38L

You need to use rudder to compensate for engine torque.  The P38 has two engines with counter-rotating props, so does not have this torque problem.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
You need to use rudder to compensate for engine torque.  The P38 has two engines with counter-rotating props, so does not have this torque problem.
ah ok i understand, well i hope sometime soon i can get a set or rudders so i dont have to keep going to the keyboard, thanks for the help

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
To get off the ground easier without rudder, you can use the auto-takeoff feature.  Select it from the Flight Preferences in the Clipboard.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
Does it stay in auto-pilot or does it keep jumping out?

If it won't stay in auto-pilot make sure you have calibrated your joystick in both windows and in game.

If you're jumping and jerking all over when trying to make small corrections, try increasing the dead band.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »
ya i was jumping all over the place every time i tried to make a small adjustment but i did the set up that Ghosth  posted and so far i have not had that issue, as far as auto take off i forget which button that was.