Author Topic: Late War Arena Caps  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Late War Arena Caps
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:05:59 PM »
No fire-mission here...just another "fun-time" poll:

Instead of asking who wants to eliminate Late War arena caps, lets ask it differently.

Who feels like Late War Arena Caps are a fun vacuum and would like them to burn in hell?

+1
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
Re: Late War Arena Caps
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
Chappy....Im not that smart but thanks, lol

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »
I understand what HTC is trying to accomplish with the caps, but I also feel bad for the guys on the other side of the earth that have to deal with massive maps with 14 people in it because the other arena with everyone else in it is closed.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 03:33:16 PM »
I understand what HTC is trying to accomplish with the caps, but I also feel bad for the guys on the other side of the earth that have to deal with massive maps with 14 people in it because the other arena with everyone else in it is closed.

With all due respect, it happens nightly...you can't fly with squadmates that are locked in one arena that you have no hope of getting into for about 2 hours.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
With all due respect, it happens nightly...you can't fly with squadmates that are locked in one arena that you have no hope of getting into for about 2 hours.

I've had this happen to me as well.  Having played other games, I suppose it doesn't bother me as much since I usually just try to get my buddies to join me in another server.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I don't know how they would fix this while still maintaining 2 arenas.  Are you proposing a "Titanic Tuesday" style structure (I'm not against the idea)?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »

I have never seen any condition where a room was not available in a matter of minutes.

I have never seen anyone locked in an arena either.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 04:12:48 PM »
Shuff....I apologize....I inadvertantly used "locked" instead of "Unable to bypass the automatic arena security that prevents a player from entering when numerical player-levels reach a certain point."

I was "locked" OUT.....

Last night was a good example of the time frame of which I speak.  I find that in some cases, just because I haven't witnessed something, doesn't mean it can't/doesn't happen. I, like most, have more fun when I fly with folks I know....I still have some fun with other folks, like you Shuffler, but it isn't a stretch to say that almost everyone in here joined a squad of some kind for this very reason.  For the sake of arena caps, 15 of your buddies are in Orange and you can't go fly with them and for what really?  Maps will work in both arenas. 

Just sayin  :salute
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:19:46 PM by Changeup »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
I have never seen any condition where a room was not available in a matter of minutes.

Changeup is right...sometimes you cant get in Orange for awhile...Ive been locked out for hours
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »
I've had this happen to me as well.  Having played other games, I suppose it doesn't bother me as much since I usually just try to get my buddies to join me in another server.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I don't know how they would fix this while still maintaining 2 arenas.  Are you proposing a "Titanic Tuesday" style structure (I'm not against the idea)?

Yes I am...why not?  Everyone can play and it HELPS solve the international time issues....I said HELPS.

Changeup

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »
something was messed up last night either caps came in late or a reset.

Logged in at 9pm GMT  (3 hours after caps kick in)   had 250/100    and 50/150.  Had to wait a whole 10-15 minutes for it to become 180/200    105/150     :eek:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 04:19:29 PM »
Changeup is right...sometimes you cant get in Orange for awhile...Ive been locked out for hours
Locked out is different from locked in.  The original comment referred to squaddies being locked into an arena where another guy can't enter.

Sounds like Shuff read the post correctly.  Nobody is locked in an arena - they can leave whenever they want.

While I feel bad that people can't play with their buddies the instant they log on, I tire of all these same whine posts.  But then reading them is better than some of the mind-dulling things I'm supposed to be doing at work.   :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:21:03 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
Yes I am...why not?  Everyone can play and it HELPS solve the international time issues....I said HELPS.

Changeup

I agree, it could help.

I think if they were to change it to one arena, there should be a trial period.  I get the feeling that after one month of a single arena, there will be an increase to the horde whines.

HOWEVER:
Some of the best and most fun dog fights I've ever been in have been horde vs. horde.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »
ImaDot....really?  I mean "drop-your-cell-phone-in-the-urinal", REALLY?  Locked in, locked out....REALLY!!?  I tire of smartazzed responses from trolling, mind-dulled....nevermind...lol.  Besides, this is a POLL, not a whine.  Maybe your work environment is affecting your spirited, critiquing and ability to differentiate between the two.  We have some openings at our company....send me your resume and I will have our HR group look into it for you.

Changeup

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:27:12 PM by Changeup »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »
I think if they were to change it to one arena, there should be a trial period.  I get the feeling that after one month of a single arena, there will be an increase to the horde whines.

I think we all have learned in the past 4 years that it doesn't need 500 players in a single arena to have "hordes only"... 25-22-8 with both big countries pounding on the small one ("quick! grab bases before people come in to defend!") ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman