Author Topic: La-5  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
La-5
« on: November 04, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »
My wish is for the early variant of the La-5, its differences from the La-5FN are, It had an Ash-82 1700hp 14 cylinder radial (same block as the La-5FN and 7 but not fine tuned, it didnt have the cut down rear fuselage ( so worse rear vision, but better pilot protection, and lastly, it also had increased fuel capacity ( the Later variants of the La siries fighters had a metal wing spar which was bigger then the wood one, this would be a great advantage for the it in the MA, as I have calculated, that with a WEp climb to 9k (takes about 2-3 min) then with max cruise to the combat zone, you can squeez about 30 min of fuel out of it, so I think everyone would like an La that could stay in the fight for a bit longer :)

and on a side note, the early La-5 would have alot more skin variations, as there is a Bass mouth skin for it, and I have seen lots of all white winter camo ones, and also a winter camo partialy painted over the summer camo of the time ( dark green and black)

what are your guy's oppinons?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: La-5
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »
 :aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »
+1
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
PERK IT!!!!!  :x
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »
May I ask why?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
La 5 & LaGG 3

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »
For a compairison guys, this would be like the spit 5 to the spit 9
Ла-5 Пилот снова

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »
No more Yak's or La's.    The Mig-3 would be more beneficial for FSO's, Scenario's and even be more fun in the MA's. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 08:35:08 PM »
No more Yak's or La's.    The Mig-3 would be more beneficial for FSO's, Scenario's and even be more fun in the MA's. 
No more Yakovlevs?
Yak 1's made up the majority of the non-Polikarpov VVS at Barbarossa and were much better than the MiG which was described by all who flew in & against it as a dog.

It was sexy though, I wouldn't protest its addition :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 08:36:42 PM by Motherland »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 08:36:26 PM »
No more Yakovlevs?
Yak 1's made up the majority of the non-Polikarpov VVS at Barbarossa and were much better than the MiG which was described by all who flew in & against it as a dog.

We have enough "duplicates" is all I'm saying.   I never said the "Mig was better".   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
We have enough "duplicates" is all I'm saying.   I never said the "Mig was better".   
I see what you mean with that point, but you did say that the MiG 3 would be more beneficial to Scenario & FSOs, which I disagree with heartily. Yaks would fair much better against the Bf 109E and F.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »
lol with 2 main types of fighters through out most of ww2, im sorry man but your gonna have so called "duplicates" in the Soviet plane set
Ла-5 Пилот снова

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »
I see what you mean with that point, but you did say that the MiG 3 would be more beneficial to Scenario & FSOs, which I disagree with heartily.

I'm talking from a "variety complimented with planeset implementation for Special Events".   Obviously MANY craft are needed (and way before the 410 or 29).   Take the He-111, Mig-3, Ki-45, IAR 81c, D.520, Pe-2, etc.   Oh well.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 11:45:11 PM »
You are right mash, many planes are needed, but I didnt say we need it in AH, it would be nice to have, I am all for putting different planes in, and I would like the older AH1 planes redone even more ( just realised that when the Yaks get finished, USSR will have the "newest" plane set in the game) I voted for the Pe-2, would love to have seen it win, all I do with my wishes is try to throw ideas out on the table (anyone remember my wish for the Yer-2?  :D)
Ла-5 Пилот снова