Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 3749 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Re: Tonight
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
we need to set up another squad vs regulars or just  squads invited event or something.  The last one with the POTW was great but I dont see many, if any coming in on a regular basis.  Maybe they need a little more exposure. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 02:50:55 PM »
When numbers are low, I try to stick to asking before jumping in on a 1v1. When numbers get higher, the furball grows, and anything goes. I think that's a key here, and part of what has to change as the arena grows.

With low numbers, it's a heightened realism dueling arena.

With high numbers, it should become like a heightened realism ongoing scenario frame, with objectives becoming prevalent again, and more 4v4 type fights.

As we get towards the latter, folks might find themselves forming ad-hoc groups for survival. I know if I take off about the same time as someone else, I try to fly cover for them. Or as was shown last week, sneak out on ahead so I can get gang-banged while they pick off my tormentors, since no matter how even the furball I'll always end up with 3 or more on my tail after a pass or two through it.
-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
A couple of active squads in the AVA or dedicated AvA squads would be a great thing. It would be nice to have numbers a few nights a week without having to hold a special event for one night

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »
Thats what we are shooting for.  I have no squad affiliation in the MA's but joined with jeager and the JG54 in the AvA. 

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »
It would be good to see JG-54 back in the AvA regularly maybe prod jaeger to start a JG54 AvA squadnight.  :aok

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »
is it possible to be in a different squad within the ava, without leaving my squad? if so, maybe some of us regulars oughtta make a squad in there......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
yes it is :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
is it possible to be in a different squad within the ava, without leaving my squad? if so, maybe some of us regulars oughtta make a squad in there......

It is and there's no reason you and your spammate shouldn't squad up in the AvA.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
If you use the same squad names, you can use squad text to talk across arenas.  If your AvA squad name is different from your MA squad name, you can't.  That might make it more difficult to tell them to leave the MA and come to the good fights in AvA.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
If you use the same squad names, you can use squad text to talk across arenas.  If your AvA squad name is different from your MA squad name, you can't.  That might make it more difficult to tell them to leave the MA and come to the good fights in AvA.

That's not entirely correct. The C.O. has to be the same in both arenas, actual squad name has nothing to do with cross arena communication. If your squad does not want to participate in the AvA just check with your C.O. and see if he has a problem with you starting or participating in a dedicated AvA squad. If they haven't followed you into the AvA already it's doubtful they will. Forming dedicated AvA squads with scheduled squad nights was a great way to get people in the arena in the past. In fact Dot,  Jester and I started the 325th Checkertails as a dedicated AvA or Historical Arena as it was called then squadron in 2001.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:01:54 PM by Shifty »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
WELL, I got a pm from soulss, so what i may do is ask them if they mind having some ava only doods in the 80th in there......... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 05:21:07 PM »
I have a sort of defunct AvA squad that was pretty full at one time, but everyone has drifted away because the arena wasn't very populated at that time.

http://358daybreakers.webs.com/

Some might could be lured back now that the arena has picked up.

I'll turn the reigns over to someone if interested. I just don't have much time to be a squad CO.

You can even change the name and I'll stay in and alter the website for ya!!

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »
some of the JG guys come in now and then, i havnt even seen jeager for over a week.  I know he would love to have more guys join in!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »
some of the JG guys come in now and then, i havnt even seen jeager for over a week.  I know he would love to have more guys join in!

Out of the old crew the one I see most is Wildesau, it would be cool if the Green Hearts guys got interested in an AvA resurgence.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »
jeager is trying trust me on that.  I think he is running into the "cant teach and old dog new tricks"