Author Topic: Reminder to CiCs about mission rules  (Read 575 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Reminder to CiCs about mission rules
« on: November 09, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »
As per FSO rules you must assign a seperate strike to each target. You cannot send a huge "bomber blob" to hit several targets in a row. Since the Okinawa terrain is kind of "tight" room wise I wanted to make sure that was understood by all the participants. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Re: Reminder to CiCs about mission rules
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »
Can I get a little more clarification on this point?  It sounds like the bombers have to fly completely different routes to the target area.

Let us say there are three targets (A, B and C) and there are three squads (A, B and C) that are assigned bombers to attack those targets.  Let us also say that Squad A will bomb Target A, Squad B with bomb Target B, etc. 

Can the three squads fly together and all go from A, B and C for mutual protection as long as the squads only drop on their assigned targets?

If Squad A has bombs left after hitting their assigned Target A, can they drop on targets B and C?

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
Bino beat me to it. I need the CiC's to be mindfull of the restricted battle space and do what they can to make it work. It really helps out to make FSO run smoother.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:15:39 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:16 AM »
    The orders I sent had a blob of bombers heading to targets together, but the B25s broke off from the main group well before target. The B24s hit A31 first, followed by the Lancs per the orders anyways. I was real busy at the time of the attack killing things, so exactly how it played out I dont know.

I asked the lancs to hit A31 with some bombs and then V29 if it needed it. I wasnt aware of those rules till now. Im not sure if they did or didnt though. Be that as it may, it was fun :)

One other thing though regarding this rule. If 2 squads were sent to attack a large target and the the 1st squad obliterated it, is the second squad expected to rtb?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:17:07 AM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 09:25:22 AM »
No, we dont want to see squads rtb. Use your best judgement. I would say send them to a secondary, valid, target and have them bomb it if in fact there was nothing left to hit. We cant possibly "what-if" every conceivable scenario...the spirit of the rule is there so we don't have "Mega Blob" missions. If you go with what you think is reasonable under the circumstances that will be apparent upon scrutiny. Gaming the game will also show up as just that.

In any case its one mission to one target. Thats what we want to see. Barring any unusual or unforseen events.  :aok
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 11:38:13 AM »
 Understood.

Also the layout of this event atleast for frame 1 made it so the heavies pretty much had A22 as the forward base, and with time to target involved, hitting anything other than v29 and a31 was pretty much out of the question.

After looking at the logs though I was happy to see all the heavies dropped at the intended target and didnt spread it out between the 2.

~AoM~

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
 :aok
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 06:05:06 PM »
I am famous for breaking that rule first.. Then they used my orders' as (what not to do). I think I sent a big group of juggs in to hit 2 targets.   Nice of you guys to clear it up.   :bolt:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena