Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:17 PM »
I think that in the next poll there should be a factor added to each person's vote based on their years as a subscriber to at least try to remotely reflect some value given to faithful customers.  When I was a two week noob I would have voted for the B-29 as well.

There's a lot of assumption in that... maybe "old subscribers" have voted B-29 too? There are buff guys among them too.

I was subscriber for 5 years and would have voted B-29 too :)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »
I'm sure the winner was clear from the beginning of the voting to anyone who has flown this sim/read this board for a while.

The B-29 was selected from the moment it was included to the vote.

We currently have other planes and vehicles in production but we will promote the B-29 to the next open production spot.  Here are the results of all three rounds of polling.

Did anybody else see the statement in bold?  YAK-3!!!!!!!!!

Considering the voting, I would guess that these are already existing AHI models being redone to AII standards. There's of course a small change that they are new WWI aircraft aswell.

...anyway, this was the best part of the announcement for me.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:03:21 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
 :noid

"We currently have other planes and vehicles in production but we will promote the B-29 to the next open production spot.  Here are the results of all three rounds of polling."

About 8-10 months down the road I am sure. No way this will be "2 weeks!"  :salute

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
Also, in the next poll there should be some indication given whether or not a plane will likely be perked.  Most ppl probably didn't consider that in their decision at all.  

FAIL.

if it's perked like it should be, i have a feeling it will be used about as much as the mossie16 is.. which is not very much.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
:noid

"We currently have other planes and vehicles in production but we will promote the B-29 to the next open production spot.  Here are the results of all three rounds of polling."

About 8-10 months down the road I am sure. No way this will be "2 weeks!"  :salute
Not so sure on that one. I still think all we did was vote in what order the new aircraft would be released.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
There's a lot of assumption in that... maybe "old subscribers" have voted B-29 too? There are buff guys among them too.

I was subscriber for 5 years and would have voted B-29 too :)

Add a factor and there will be no assuming needed.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »
Democracy & the vote :headscratch: Majority's what can you do with them. Ahh lets just redraw the electoral lines for the next vote shall we. :aok

It doesn't have to be a democracy.  Don't confuse a business that could throw a bone to its faithful customer base every now and then with real life.  mmmmkay?

Anyway, Lusche's right, maybe most of the faithful subscribers did vote for it.  Who knows?    Besides, they will probably add both anyway.
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »
Make it so that the number of years you've been here translates to how many votes you get. So instead of me getting one vote for the B29 I could've had 10 votes.  :D
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »
so the old your vote matters but not as much as mine, sounds like sore losers.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:24 PM »
Not so sure on that one. I still think all we did was vote in what order the new aircraft would be released.

I agree, specially after seeing the B-29 in the list of planes before the winner was announced.... :noid

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 03:48:58 PM »
Make it so that the number of years you've been here translates to how many votes you get. So instead of me getting one vote for the B29 I could've had 10 votes.  :D

You understand.  Good job.
AoM

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »
so the old your vote matters but not as much as mine, sounds like sore losers.

Sounds like good business to me.
AoM

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
Having the B29 win the "poll" proves to me this sim/game is heading more and more towards being an arcade style of game.  Yeah, go ahead and put the " :cry " in under my quote, but the fact remains that people voted more for what is familiar to them rather than what is more true to the AH realm.  The number of gaping holes in the plane line up is so obvious to those of us who know of thing or two about WWII.  

Ah well... life goes on.  I just hope the thing gets perked beyond belief and has no drones available.    
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 03:53:13 PM »
It doesn't have to be a democracy.  Don't confuse a business that could throw a bone to its faithful customer base every now and then with real life.  mmmmkay?

Anyway, Lusche's right, maybe most of the faithful subscribers did vote for it.  Who knows?   
What did you want out of curiosity?

I only made it on the last 2 votes as my PC was down for the rest of it & I did vote for it on the last vote. Would have preferred the Beaufighter but knew it would not have much of a chance when the majority of players are from the USA & they would have voted for the hot American rides first. Oh well I can live with the B29 & will enjoy what it will bring to the game. The good & the bad of it. :aok

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
You understand.  Good job.

I had to go through 12 years of Kindergarten to learn how to comprehend like that. Do I get my milk and nap time? ;)
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF