Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6402 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »
P61 rules hard over the 410.  Next vote goes for the P61  :banana:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
killing 17's, 24's, lanc's, that B25 tears them up fast

Bomber killing is for nubs.  Real men kill GVs  :x
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
P61 rules hard over the 410.  Next vote goes for the P61  :banana:
I will hold you to this if i ever see the day we have both rides  ;)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »
Thoughts:

1) B-29 is going to be perked, and HEAVILY. I'm expecting to see it as at LEAST 200 perks, maybe as high as 500.

2) Just like any other 4-engine bomber, the B-29 is going to take time to get to altitude. Which means anyone rolling a B-29 from a forward base is going to be low and struggling to get air underneath them as they cross the front lines.

3) The B-29 is STILL a fast bird at all altitudes, so she doesn't necessarily have to climb to 30,000ft to make life difficult for defenders. Remember that the B-29 WAS used in the same sort of low-altitude, high-speed night raids the Mossie B carried out in Europe.

4) There's still question as to how HTC will model the gun controls.

5) In all likelihood, B-29 sorties will be launched from bases deeper behind the front lines, so it SHOULD be easy to spot a high-altitude B-29 raid forming. One can generally assume that the altitude of such raids will be "high" and can be planned upon accordingly.

6) While the B-29 IS going to be used to hit bases, it's almost guaranteed that she's primarily going to be used to bomb the cities and HQ, so it's not going to take a WHOLE lot of guesswork where those high-altitude B-29 raids are heading. This should actually PROMOTE combat, assuming people want to up to defend the city and HQ.

Remember, as long as you roll to oppose them, bombers will ALWAYS promote a fight.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:57 PM »
Bomber killing is for nubs.  Real men kill GVs  :x

but when your busting tanks and a set of low bombers comes in what better fun then that  :x
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2010, 06:19:01 PM »
B-29 won. Whoever woulda thunk it.

LMAO given the lack of forward thinking capability of many of the community It was as predictable as the sun rising.

I can think of one reason and one reason only to put this plane into the game. And it aint a good one.

Mark my words
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
The hypocricy that I see on these boards is overwhelming.

And the 29 will probably have such a ridiculous perk attached to it , you won't see it that much.

Very unlike the game changing 51.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »
These doomsday folks make me laugh.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
6) While the B-29 IS going to be used to hit bases, it's almost guaranteed that she's primarily going to be used to bomb the cities and HQ, so it's not going to take a WHOLE lot of guesswork where those high-altitude B-29 raids are heading. This should actually PROMOTE combat, assuming people want to up to defend the city and HQ.

Really big, organozed raids like the MoM will head to strat/city targets, no doubt.

But considering all factors (perk price, strategic & score gain from bombing the strats) a lot (if not most) B-29's will end up bombing a series of town centers.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2010, 06:28:43 PM »
Bombers are just target drones. On opening day, I'll be up to bag my quota. 262 FTW!!

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:59 PM »
what else to say that others have not ?

This is my strict opinion on the matter of weather we need new bombers or not.

Put simply I'm a buff pilot, 95% of my time is spending flying a bomber of some sort in the MA. Aces High has a limited amount of bombers to choose from compared to fighters and attack aircraft. Also we only have 2 perk aircraft to choose from and both are light fast attack bombers. As a buff pilot I have a limited amount of planes to choose from and some of these planes have been around for a LONG time. I know that I like a little variety every once in awhile.

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »
Bombers are just target drones. On opening day, I'll be up to bag my quota. 262 FTW!!

Good luck trying to get up to us.  :D

Really big, organozed raids like the MoM will head to strat/city targets, no doubt.

But considering all factors (perk price, strategic & score gain from bombing the strats) a lot (if not most) B-29's will end up bombing a series of town centers.

Yulp
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
Having the B29 win the "poll" proves to me this sim/game is heading more and more towards being an arcade style of game.  Yeah, go ahead and put the " :cry " in under my quote, but the fact remains that people voted more for what is familiar to them rather than what is more true to the AH realm.  The number of gaping holes in the plane line up is so obvious to those of us who know of thing or two about WWII.  

Ah well... life goes on.  I just hope the thing gets perked beyond belief and has no drones available.    
Oh, please.

I voted for the Me410 as well, but this post is nothing but tripe.

If this poll had happened in 2000 or 2001 the B-29 would still have won.  I was there and the player base's love of history lead to the F4U-1C getting 15-20% of kills each tour.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2010, 06:38:16 PM »

If this poll had happened in 2000 or 2001 the B-29 would still have won.  I was there and the player base's love of history lead to the F4U-1C getting 15-20% of kills each tour.

:lol :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »
Finally and old guy gets thrown a bone..........
999000 <S>

LMAO. Why? You already have your centrally controlled lasercannon.

Im interested in seeing how they plan on improving the gunnery of a plane wherein the already existing heavy bombers already had that kind of central control.

Smart bombs perhaps? lmao
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty