Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
Just wait till ya see the B-29 divebombers

And?

Every plane in AH is being "abused" or used in an ahistorical way. Bombers are no worse than any other plane or GV.

And there's a lot of myth about spawn bombing or divebombing buffs in AH.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »
Soooo. . . the B29.  Did I read correctly that it will only be available in the Late-Late-Really Late War Arena?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
Soooo. . . the B29.  Did I read correctly that it will only be available in the Late-Late-Really Late War Arena?

yes so late it will be past your bedtime  :D     :neener:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
Uhm.. how often were we allowed to vote at all?

In the 5 years I played, there was only one poll, this was the second one.

This is the stuff that had been added during this time
Jeep
F4U-1A
B-25H&C
P-39D&Q
T-34/85
Wirbelwind
SdKfZ 251
Firefly
M4A3(75) and (76)w
B-239
I-16
Mosquito 16
4 WWI planes

And only the B-25 (and to some extend the P-39) was the direct result of a voting.
Actually, there was one other.

We got to vote for the D3A and SBD vs the D4Y and SB2C back during AH1 days.

You can figure out which pair won.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2010, 11:28:16 PM »
 :salute HTC! Although I didn't vote for the B29, I'm pleased, gracious & impressed that the customer base was given the opportunity to deiced on the games direction. I'm amazed and impressed, according to Mark Cuban's blog, he would have not done the same if he was running HTC.

PS: I don't disagree with every thing Mark states, just that examples/arguments are a bit extreme, think balance like HTC does :aok
http://blogmaverick.com/2010/04/06/why-you-should-never-listen-to-your-customers/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:06:19 AM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh thank you lord finally its in YAY!!!!!!! will we see fire bombs? lol
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
Minority?  the polls show other wise!  the bomber guys lost out the last update or two with the strats being moved out of reach and the town and field redesign,  and as far as I can tell,, there are less players,, maybe I am wrong but I know I fly bombers a lot less, and play alot less since the changes that have effected the style of play, away from bombers! I am looking forward to upping the big beast and trying my luck,, the last time I was this happy about a new addition was the "M",, and it has been my ride of choice since it was introduced!
 the minority didn't want the B-29 as far as I can tell,, so I don't think they pleased them at all!

I do want the Yak-3 tho,, and would be happy to see it long before the new bomber! The panther as well,, or the M-18!!
I don't understand why anyone would not want the challenge of shooting down that big beast anyway?Is it going to be too tough for ya?  looks like a heck of a challenge to me,, both to fly and to kill!

you haven't read any of our conversation have you?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2010, 12:32:06 AM »

Jeep
F4U-1A
B-25H&C
P-39D&Q
T-34/85
Wirbelwind
SdKfZ 251
Firefly
M4A3(75) and (76)w
B-239
I-16
Mosquito 16
4 WWI planes

And only the B-25 (and to some extend the P-39) was the direct result of a voting.

Regardless its based on popular opinion so you can add ww1 to that list, popular opinion is a clueless one

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2010, 12:34:29 AM »
what are the other aircraft that they will be adding? and a shame the ME-410 didnt make it v.v not only is it a beauty but damn was it good. sad it came in too late though. also when will we see the BUFF? i would love to start practicing with it. also since the B-29 is in will the ME-262 be cheaper beacuase that might be the only plane that can take down the Superfortress.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »
Regardless its based on popular opinion so you can add ww1 to that list, popular opinion is a clueless one

There is a reason they don't use it often, but it wasn't as if we could write-in.  That fact that the B-29 was in the poll means it would have probably been modeled by HTC sooner or later, would you have been okay if it was their choice?  They knew the popularity of the B-29, I bet they were very ready to accept the B-29 into the game before any of us knew of the poll.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
There is a reason they don't use it often, but it wasn't as if we could write-in.  That fact that the B-29 was in the poll means it would have probably been modeled by HTC sooner or later, would you have been okay if it was their choice?  They knew the popularity of the B-29, I bet they were very ready to accept the B-29 into the game before any of us knew of the poll.

yeah plus i dont get why people dont like it. it deserves the same amount of respect as any of the other aircraft in the game already.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2010, 01:13:15 AM »

I rather they just made the decision without asking and plop it was there on the front page one day. Do I care? it depends on the outcome ie how will it affect my playing experience. Personally I signed up to fight with other people in airplanes. I only shoot bombers if there is nothing else to shoot I find it as tedious as shooting the offline drones, actually bombing is 10 times as boring.

WW1 is a prime example of people being clueless, they were asked they all said yes please. When it arrived they discovered there was on way to avoid danger of them being killed and promptly left. I personally loved ww1 but for the good of the overall game the resources could have been better used on something else asking the players whats what is a bad idea. I mean this wasn't just like a p-39 that failed, it was 4 planes and a whole arena, and proof that the overwhelming majority of people that play this game do not want combat in a combat sim, they want 30k bombers and milk runs, a hoarde they can hide in, stripping all means of defence of a field so they can vulch planes taking off.

If someone came up with an offline mission called 'field vulch' that spewed out random WTGs for landing said vulches, HTC would probably go out of business!

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2010, 01:27:04 AM »
Well you may have signed up for fighter action, but maybe I signed up for historic bomber missions.  Actually it was for a little bit of everything.  I love flying solo or squad missions at 20-25k and having interceptors come up to meet me.  It may be hard for you to fathom that people have fun doing this, but we do.  It takes patience to fly those bombers historically, and it takes patience to come up and fight them.  Since I can't ignore it, if you've never flown with or against the 91st, you can't tell me bombing runs are boring.

I don't think you can compare the WWI vote to this. We didn't know what to expect out of WWI, all we were asked was 'yes or no'.  I voted yes, but when I saw it was purely furball with no strategy, the excitement quickly wore off and I don't find it as exciting.  Strategy, a goal, IMO, that promotes combat for the vast majority of us.

I fly bombers, and I fight people in them.

This is a simple case of, "if you don't play it my way, you're playing it wrong."
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2010, 01:46:23 AM »
Way to go to all the know nothing noobs!  You guys have OFFICIALLY KILLED ACES HIGH 4 EVAR!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMm-7RFsm0&feature=related

/sarcasm
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2010, 01:59:57 AM »

Jeep
F4U-1A
B-25H&C
P-39D&Q
T-34/85
Wirbelwind
SdKfZ 251
Firefly
M4A3(75) and (76)w
B-239
I-16
Mosquito 16
4 WWI planes

Forgot the P-47-M
Oaktree

56th Fighter group