Author Topic: B29 WINS!!!!!!  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: B29 WINS!!!!!!
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
:lol I see lancstukas all the time pretty common in MAs

We see them every time due to the huge numbers playing. Actually it's just a small part of Lancs that are being used that way.
Same as bombers carpet bombing tanks.

Oh.. I saw fighters being used toally a historically and "dweeby" all the time too..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:49:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
We see them every time due to the huge numbers playing. Actually it's just a small part of Lancs that are being used that way.
Same as bombers carpet bombing tanks.

Oh.. I saw fighters being used toally a historically and "dweeby" all the time too..

Umm isn't that the same thing? Don't try your powers of statistics on me snail!  :lol

Its pretty much as standard practice with lancs, and considering you can use them this way and its effective, why would you bother doing it the right way?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2010, 07:55:25 AM »
Its pretty much as standard practice with lancs,

Dive bombing?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2010, 08:00:24 AM »
Dive bombing?

For CVs yes, land based I see more low level carpet bombing

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2010, 08:03:15 AM »
Did anybody else see the statement in bold?  YAK-3!!!!!!!!!

this

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2010, 08:03:50 AM »
You guys must also consider that a majority of Dickweed,and the 91st probably voted for the 29 to.

Sure did, just think about it.....30 formations of B-29 at 35k........ohhhh mommy :airplane:
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2010, 08:10:57 AM »
this is true.
But even if it had been voted in back then it would be. As it is now the least needed plane addition to the game.

In WWII its only real significance to the war effort was done on two trips. One over Nagasaki and One over Hiroshima. (significance meaning doing something that bombers in our arsenal didnt already do) While high alt was supposed to be its forte. As often as not its mission altitudes were done at significantly lower altitudes

And the 163 had 8 kills in WWII why is it here?????????
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
They have payed the same amount for the same amount of product.  So they may have payed for years before me, but I also wasn't receiving the product during that time.

Regardless, they have paid more. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2010, 09:54:44 AM »
:rolleyes:

lol math not your strong point or did you give up?   :banana:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Hello Panos,

As HTC said the B29 will go into the next available production slot.  It's not even being worked on at this point if I understand the wording correctly.  The next update will for sure contain the Betty, who knows what else we got coming?  I for one am quite excited.  Every new toy is appreciated!  As far as the game promoting ACM and fighter tactics, I have never seen this description used by HTC.  This game promotes combat with WW II fighters, bombers & vehicles.

:salute

Way

Waystin,

First of all have no objection about the game definition, nor I want to open a new one, though I may start it. B29 is new toy and I will enjoy also. I’m not against 29. All I’m saying is that we have to keep some kind of balance as it concern new projects.

Aerial combat was what dragged me into the game in the first place and not bombers. I respect people who fly bombers, I fly my self also. I just ask for more fighter options. Despite what Lusche says about “bombers were the core of the air war” allow me to insist saying that “fighters were the main «tool» of the air war”.

That is all. My second argument is about the poll itself.

I don’t think it is fair for anyone having mixed up in a poll fighters and bombers. Sound more logical to me in a future situation where HTC staff wants us to decide which plane will be in the next production slot to create three different categories: bombers, fighter-bombers and fighters.

It is not the best thing to have to choose between WWII era planes, with different mission profile and different main characteristics. Having to choose between a B29 and a Ki 43 is not what common logic dictates. Having to choose between Betty, He 111 and B29, in one category and between a Ki 43, a Yak 3 or a G55 etc in an another one sounds more balanced.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
From the front page.

"Aces High is a massive multi-player online combat simulation centered around the World War II air-war. Here are some of the highlights."

I stand corrected.  That is definitely a change to previous game descriptions.

Hey Panos,

No slam or a want on my part to nit-pick.  It's just there seems to be some serious grumping over this plane.  Heck it's not even in a production slot yet.  So at the least we are looking at some time before you ever see it splashed in screenshots on the front web page.  Other planes and vehicle are ahead of it's release.  I am the first to admit that I was looking for another plane and/or vehicle instead of the B-29.  I rarely fly bombers, and when I do it is not a pretty sight! :lol

:salute

Way

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:12:58 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »
And what does an air-war consist of? ACM and fighter tactics maybe?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2010, 10:20:17 AM »
And what does an air-war consist of? ACM and fighter tactics maybe?

Part of the mix, but certainly not all of it: strategic bombing, ground attack, CV CAP, formation flying, field suppression, search/rescue, observation & reconnaissance, etc.  We could go on for a while with this list.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Box1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
We should elect a committee of AH vets.  These vets should select new a/c from lists submitted by HTC.  Allowing "squeaks" who won't be playing in 6 weeks to control the future of the game is not a good idea.    Me-410