Author Topic: What Joystick / HOTAS are most using ???  (Read 2907 times)

Offline sheperd

• Copper Member
Re: What Joystick / HOTAS are most using ???
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2010, 07:57:40 AM »
Simped usb and "Cougar proto" with Hall-sensors.

would love to speak with you about this...planning a similar MOD and want to run some ideas and questions passed ya.
I can build em better than I can fly em
http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/hotwire_2009/?

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
Logitech 3D Pro, simple and inexpensive & haven't broke it yet like the saitek.  :joystick:
Of course maybe I'm a bit more seasoned and not squeezing the trigger in a sweaty handed death grip anymore.... :banana:
(Image removed from quote.)

They are easy to keep alive also. I still have my first 3D Pro. It's very loose, but when you consider I used it for 7 years and just opened it up now and then to fix it and the buttons.. It was the best 30 bucks I ever spent. I currently use an X52, on my second. The only issue I ever had with the stick was it's spastic tendencies. The cord connecting the two components would come loose and reset my stick center until I fully unplugged it for 4-5 seconds. Awesome fun when in the middle of a dogfight. Makes me wonder how it didn't end up through a window. The new one I just bought doesn't have the issue, so aside from that, I think the X52 is a great stick.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »
Logitech 3D Pro, simple and inexpensive & haven't broke it yet like the saitek.  :joystick:
Of course maybe I'm a bit more seasoned and not squeezing the trigger in a sweaty handed death grip anymore.... :banana:
(Image removed from quote.)
I don't fly with anything else.  :aok
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
Only the best...full CH set-up here. :rock

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Only the best...full CH set-up here. :rock

no wonder why your never around anymore.............
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »
Let's see, I had the x52 for approx 2 years then that took a healty dump on me all at once. Then I tried the CH fighter stick and pro pedals. They were great until my brothers dog decided he needed a chew toy and used my stick for that. So I read the reviews and talked to a couple of people and bought myself the Logitech G940 flight system. The force feedback was a complete different experience for me. I like the fact also that it is heavy enough that it doesn't slip and slide everywhere. I was genuinely surprised to find the metal construction also.

The only drawback I have found is that the pedals seem too narrow for my liking, so when I can I am going to mod them to be wider. The second drawback is the price, I paid 312 for the setup.

Ohh it has its own power supply to the stick and the pedals and throttle connect via gameport connections.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 09:37:25 PM »
no wonder why your never around anymore.............

Pay more attention to your girl friend and I'd have more time  :D

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »
Pay more attention to your girl friend and I'd have more time  :D

DAMN IT BEAR!!!!! i told you to stop saying that!!!! calling yourself my girlfriend in public and implying that our quality time is when we fly together can only make life difficult!!!!!!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr