Author Topic: All bases are capturable  (Read 1080 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
All bases are capturable
« on: November 19, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Like the topic says, we no longer have uncapturable bases around the HQ on any of the maps that have been recently updated. Anyone can take the 163 base.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: All bases are capturable
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
So basically it is AH 5 years ago...............

It isn't a bug.  

EDIT:   But an interesting note, IIRC, if the 163 base is captured, the next base over becomes the 163 base.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »
Is there a downside?
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
Is there a downside?
Only if your on the receiving end of multitudes of 163's. I kind of like it this way though with all bases up for grabs it brings on more variables.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
Only if your on the receiving end of multitudes of 163's. I kind of like it this way though with all bases up for grabs it brings on more variables.

I think it would bring some added fun too.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
Like the topic says, we no longer have uncapturable bases around the HQ on any of the maps that have been recently updated. Anyone can take the 163 base.

That's great  :old:
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
Actually there should be some fallout as far as strats go. Last weekend, Saturday night I believe it was, the Rooks were down to 3 bases and had lost there strat and HQ to Bishops. It was the NDISLES map and Bish had the HQ in the north and had captured all of the bases around the rooks strats, so the strats and HQ reverted to Bishops colors. I am not sure how it directly affected the Rooks bases recovery time, but you think without strat the hangers and ords would stay down indefinately... :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
, but you think without strat the hangers and ords would stay down indefinately... :salute

Strats have no effect on hangars at all and maximum downtime of other items is 2 hours.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »
Strats have no effect on hangars at all and maximum downtime of other items is 2 hours.

Thats one problem with this game.....strats have no effect...soooooo what the point in having them....matter of fact what the point in having base captures.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »

Thats one problem with this game.....strats have no effect...soooooo what the point in having them....matter of fact what the point in having base captures.
Stay in the DA then. Main arenas have something for every one for the most part.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »
has been this way for weeks.   

Personally I feel they should leave them capturable and maybe IF there is a tank town airfield on the map make those uncapturable. 

The 40% of both countries rule did achieve a better balance so one side couldn't get bullied into submission.   

Teams SHOULD want to defend the fields near the HQ and now that they are much harder to take with the new towns and vbases etc.  I can't say it was much fun running into a zillion pesky Bish 163's but it is down to them to retake their bases.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:40 PM »
Ack, barracks, ord, fuel, dar...........  I think I am missing one.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »
has been this way for weeks.   

Personally I feel they should leave them capturable and maybe IF there is a tank town airfield on the map make those uncapturable. 

The 40% of both countries rule did achieve a better balance so one side couldn't get bullied into submission.   

Teams SHOULD want to defend the fields near the HQ and now that they are much harder to take with the new towns and vbases etc.  I can't say it was much fun running into a zillion pesky Bish 163's but it is down to them to retake their bases.
Problem was no one wanted to for a while as they were having to much fun in the 163.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Does this mean once the country is gone its back to the old reset style ALONG with the 40% of other country style of reset? :headscratch:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »
Does this mean once the country is gone its back to the old reset style ALONG with the 40% of other country style of reset? :headscratch:

not sure, bish were down to 3 bases the other day, but then people stopped ganging them :)

i was kinda curious to see what would happen if they lost the last 3.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.