Author Topic: Tool Bags  (Read 2530 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Tool Bags
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:44:26 AM »
So, HTC decides to try a new system based on player input.  As an initial run, it has some teething problems.  Players mock the attempt over something as benign as a spelling error. 

Grow the hell up. 

Your conduct on the BBs is the kind of thing that would make me as a developer more reluctant to make any changes.  Add a new plane you get "this is not right blah blah blah".  Add a new map "this sucks blah, blah, blah".  Change the radar setting based on player input "this sucks, blah, blah, blah".  There have been some drastic changes in the last year, I personally disagree with some of them.  The point is, until I decide to take on running a online business, in stagnant economy, with "experts" everywhere, I will cut them some slack.  This game is my decompression tool and the cheapest one out there.  The people I play with on a day to day basis are good folks and I do feel a sense of community. 

You jerks out there pointing out every skipped pixel suck.  If you don't like it, be courteous and work with HTC, and solve the problem through the methods HTC has established to fix the game.  Try calling them for example.  They will answer the phone and treat you as humanly as you treat them.   

Flame away....
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Re: Tool Bags
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:55:50 AM »
When the owner of HTC can find humor in his own spelling errors and those paying him can not... it's sad day in AH.

Also, our conduct can get worse. We've all tried! Sometimes, we have a 'who can more childish' contest. Anyone who looks at the forums once can see that and the practical assumption would be that saying this would either be a troll, or an attempt at futility.

We're not jerks, we're just practiced at getting folks such as yourself into a bunched pantie situation.

We love you though, cause you provide entertainment!  :aok

**Edit was to change the wording of a sentence to more clearly define it's intended meaning.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:58:42 AM by SEseph »
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »
Cupcake.  Hide behind your monitor, zero responsibility, zero moral fiber.  Courteous conduct is beneath you a civilized person.  Insults are humor.  The mockery of the work put into redoing the arenas is something I am sure HTC loves and embraces.  You are a rat.  
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:00:52 AM by dirtdart »

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
HTC will never win, reason being, no matter what they do, someone will always whine/complain about it on the bbs, there is no need to get all worked up about it
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
So, HTC decides to try a new system based on player input.  As an initial run, it has some teething problems.  Players mock the attempt over something as benign as a spelling error. 

Grow the hell up. 

Your conduct on the BBs is the kind of thing that would make me as a developer more reluctant to make any changes.  Add a new plane you get "this is not right blah blah blah".  Add a new map "this sucks blah, blah, blah".  Change the radar setting based on player input "this sucks, blah, blah, blah".  There have been some drastic changes in the last year, I personally disagree with some of them.  The point is, until I decide to take on running a online business, in stagnant economy, with "experts" everywhere, I will cut them some slack.  This game is my decompression tool and the cheapest one out there.  The people I play with on a day to day basis are good folks and I do feel a sense of community. 

You jerks out there pointing out every skipped pixel suck.  If you don't like it, be courteous and work with HTC, and solve the problem through the methods HTC has established to fix the game.  Try calling them for example.  They will answer the phone and treat you as humanly as you treat them.   

Flame away....

"Blah Blah Blah" is not acceptable content. Please clarify. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »
Nah man, HTC has to take it on the chin, but we don't.  The BBs are a reflection of the community that plays this game.  If we collectively let the enablers of our vice get beat down day after day without ever sticking up for them... pfft.  I am sick of the BB bullys.  Hiding behind miles of cable in their depressed life virtual world.  

We are the sum of our parts and right now it would seem the hairy buttocks are out.  

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
Leading by example is always a good idea.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »
Leading by example is always a good idea.

Give the man a dollar.  I made a thread a while back about that very theme.  Guys with a zillion posts seemed to have a huge predispostion to mock the posts of new posters.  Sport for them if you will.  Indicator of character for me....

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »
"Blah Blah Blah" is not acceptable content. Please clarify. :D

This P-38 shot me down because HTC did not enable unlimited ammo for my K4.  So I followed him vertical, soon ran out of taters (HTCs fault I could neither aim accurately or manage my E), he turned and blasted me out of the sky with a PK (clearly an aimbot used because HTC can't keep the cheaters out of the game as evidenced with a singular account on "youtube").... blah blah blah  :lol

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 10:26:37 AM »
Cupcake.  Hide behind your monitor, zero responsibility, zero moral fiber.  Courteous conduct is beneath you a civilized person.  Insults are humor.  The mockery of the work put into redoing the arenas is something I am sure HTC loves and embraces.  You are a rat.  

Yes, I am a rat who hates HTC SO much I've given him $1794.00 in the last 10 years  :D  I wish people hated me and disrespected me that much. Oh I know! since you are doing to me what you feel I do to HTC, then you should do as I do to him completely. Leaving out the cash just makes a mockery of your hatered because it's not truly heart felt  :cry

Like I said, you are fun  :aok

Oh, don't reply because I bet you use a monitor and since we can't see you, you are hiding. and we wouldn't want you to look the fool for saying something so silly.  :noid When trying to obtain a position of higher standing in a discussion, ensure your spot is actually superior, or your opponent just might point out your argument's shortcomings. (just to head it off now cause you're my fluffy bunny friend... the word argue does not mean anything other than ones attempt to push their position on a topic to the forfront over others. No anger needed.. can be a happy argument)

Edit Was****Grotesque spelling error
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:33:53 AM by SEseph »
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »
Give the man a dollar.  I made a thread a while back about that very theme.  Guys with a zillion posts seemed to have a huge predispostion to mock the posts of new posters.  Sport for them if you will.  Indicator of character for me....

He's referring to you and the topic I'd suspect. And the Jerks comment.. and the rest. So, since you agree, then you also agree to lead by said example, and since you support it, any further discussion of this topic would basically be you agreeing only to show by your actions that you actually are equal in moral standing to those you dislike.

Just a thought.  :D

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
HTC will never win, reason being, no matter what they do, someone will always whine/complain about it on the bbs, there is no need to get all worked up about it

:rofl :rofl  I think he wins every month!  How many thousands of peeps give him $15.00 a month?    <-- that spells  W I N N E R  ! !

Good on ya HiTech  :salute   :aok

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
is a tool bag equivalent to a utility belt?

Lighten up man.  If you aren't enjoying the game then take some time off.  Go to dinner, watch a movie, treat your partner to something special.  Get off the computer and grab some life.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Nah, I am just frustrated by the immature comments which prevail in these BBs.  Call me calling a spade a spade immature, whatever.  Defending the guys who flame, you suck. 

Yup, I am behind a monitor, however I don't make part of my daily routine flaming dudes on the BBs.  Some do. 

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
is a tool bag equivalent to a utility belt?

Lighten up man.  If you aren't enjoying the game then take some time off.  Go to dinner, watch a movie, treat your partner to something special.  Get off the computer and grab some life.

I enjoy the hell out of the game, and my problem is not with the game.  My problem is with the community here in the BBs that sit back and let HTC take a beating.  I am naive enough to think that HTC reads these boards for improvements and feedback on the game.  Threads beginning with a flame would not get a second look from me.  All the valid comments hidden three pages in would not get read.