Author Topic: In a few short months here we are  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: In a few short months here we are
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
I understand the issue - we all hate the smacktalk and childish behaviour some people demonstrate in the arena.  We want everyone to act civil and like gentlemen, but we're not going to get 100% participation. 

If you find that the chatter is not respectful, you all have the .report command. If you decide to act just as immature as the offenders, are you really any better than them?

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 12:50:06 PM »
As many of you no I was the impetus for the no Icon concept in the AvA and I'm
thankful for the no Icons In the AvA I'm glad you took my idea and made it work.

My No icon recommendation to the AH community.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,284751.0.html

Then I discovered the AvA and recommended that No icons be Incorporated here. They tried it and it stuck. Thanks Staff!
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,284791.0.html

Now look Its works its fun and draws a mature crowed
But lately the re is an element that is tarnishing this jewel I request that the AvA admins please police the poor behavior that we are seeing the the arena.
To  many have worked to hard to let it go down hill like this

then we must also thank you for offering that suggestion.

it was the no icons, and the new map that originally finally lured me in here.....and here i am now spending all of my online flight time....and doing my damndest to push this arena, to draw in more good sticks.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »
and we do. I'm a believer of treating everyone like adults and giving everyone respect they deserve.  I think education will adjust behaviors far easier than tossing out through policing.  If we have to throw people out for bad behaviour, we've already lost.

what we need is better marketing... maybe we could hire Brown to do a good campaign for us? :D

best marketing in the world for ANYTHING is word of mouth.

this is why i keep bringing up the ava whenever i see an opportunity in other forums.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »
:salute I have been dot, hence the frustration.
That is why I'm posting about temporary baning as nothing else is working.
if you're refering to the stooges......just do as others have already said. keep calm, keep civil....even nice. keep film running too. they will bury themselves eventually. just be the bigger man in this situation.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
would killing channel one help? you'd still have to keep off of 200!

i'd rather not see us have to do that, as it is also a good communication tool for us all to talk friendly to each other.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »
i'd rather not see us have to do that, as it is also a good communication tool for us all to talk friendly to each other.
True - but hitech disabled channel 1 in the MA for the reason that players can't help themselves but smacktalk each other.  We do have established country side channels for axis and allies.  We also don't want to disable channel 1 because we want it to be different than the MA.

We will monitor the situation and act accordingly - and educate all players on expectations on conduct in the AvA.  We also expect everyone to be ambassadors of the AvA, especially if someone new shows up - introduce yourself - how the arena works.  A little friendly talk goes a long way in keeping newcomers.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
True - but hitech disabled channel 1 in the MA for the reason that players can't help themselves but smacktalk each other.  We do have established country side channels for axis and allies.  We also don't want to disable channel 1 because we want it to be different than the MA.

We will monitor the situation and act accordingly - and educate all players on expectations on conduct in the AvA.  We also expect everyone to be ambassadors of the AvA, especially if someone new shows up - introduce yourself - how the arena works.  A little friendly talk goes a long way in keeping newcomers.

WELL...AS I'M SURE you already know...whatever i can do to help, i will.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
all it takes is 5 "report chat" logs of one player within a few minutes and they get an automatic text ban,  i dont remember how long for though
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
yall will probably test that on me tonight just to shut me up  :lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »

The class act regulars

Interesting choice of words there....   :headscratch:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
all it takes is 5 "report chat" logs of one player within a few minutes and they get an automatic text ban,  i dont remember how long for though

I'd be careful with that..
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »
I'd be careful with that..

yea...doesn't htc review those things....and if found that the system was abused,. then punish the person that reported?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 02:20:07 PM »
has to be 5 different people and do you really think it will take long for any of them to say something stupid or offensive.  all im saying is if everyone just clicked the report chat button everyone time any of them said something improper wouldnt take long for them to get a legit chat ban.  first one is like 10 minutes, second is until skuzzy can review it and the 3rd is for 2 weeks if i remember right.   If we take away their ability to gloat i think they will lose interest
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
I've been squelching these 3 players for the past couple nights as soon as I log in and found myself having a great time again instead of dealing with their nonstop heckling & badgering.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
Guys, fight their airplanes and ignore their text if it offends you. Look I know there's been a trend towards a kinder AvA lately. That's all fine and well but this game is based on shooting the other guy down.  That's their priority it should be yours too. If it's not then you're missing something here. The whole game is nothing but vehicles and aircraft with guns and cannons made to kill others with guns and cannons.. Did you ever consider their smack talk is another way of getting your head out of the fight and on the text buffer instead? Don't fall for it. Somebody posted pictures the other day of a Zeke and a P-39 flying side by side in harmony... Sheesh I wanted to wretch. We can be friends and we can respect each other I think that's great stuff but let's not get too touchy feely. The text buffer isn't what's important the area outside the cockpit is what's important. Don't worry about the name they called you or that they killed you and you didn't think the way they did it was cricket. Find em fight em and kill em. That's what this stuff is all about. It's a game... Play it and have fun.

<S>

Oh yeah... Chilli sux :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV