Author Topic: OK BBS warriors. "Fix" the game....  (Read 10254 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: OK BBS warriors. "Fix" the game....
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2010, 10:18:09 AM »
     You do realize that reading and posting in the BBS is not mandatory, right?

He's addicted, he can't help it  :D
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2010, 10:22:53 AM »
What arena does this map pop up in? ....I have never seen it. Thanks for the information.

Helm ...out

it comes up in the ava. it's been up 2x in the last 3 months, although i don't know when next it'll pop up.  with that map, we had night time for 5 minutes at a time. we also had a coral sea(i think) map that not only had night time for 5 minutes, but also had weather sometimes....such as a hazy 5 mile vis(which looked VERY much like it does in real life), and wind......and wind can throw your whole fight off.  :devil

this is a destroyable bridge on that map. there's towns on each side of the bridge, and v-bases a couple miles inland of the river.....

higher alt fight, but ya can see some of the terrain....

and a couple night time pics....

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2010, 10:34:08 AM »
3 guys offering ideas....100 being jerks...don't think that can be fixed or programmed out Dan .....

bottom line is the same 5 guys jumped in faster then the guys who have concerns...little internet warriors that are tards just because....

sorry not even worth me offering my two cents....

honestly Dan...can't YOU let it go...you were kind enough to bow out of the last thread but then jump back in to start another troll???? I've always considered you a mature member of this community...please don't prove me wrong :salute

Wasn't meant to be a troll.  Just thought consolidating specific ideas might make some sense.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »
I just got in game and also realized we need many more small water craft in the game,, destroyers groups and the like,, we have a lot of ocean on many maps that is just wasted space!
smaller battle groups and the like would give someone the opportunity to to sail the high seas much like the bombers with formations fly around now!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
     Lose the rank system, then people will be less likely to avoid "dying"  :D

I get more fun out of trying to make it back than the actual fight itself. Getting rid of the rank system will not coax folks like me into turn fighting an a20 against an a6m.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
WoW, seeing as you didn't offer any suggestions for the game I'm guessing your post falls under the "....100 being jerks..." Thanks for posting.

As for me, I don't think the game broken. The changes made have made it more challenging. More challenges equals more fun.

You are such a troll...you have posted in the other thread  where most of this has been hashed out and suggestions were made.  So you are very aware that I have already shared ideas AND i feel this thread is a troll.   YOU have posted in a thread titled "fix the game" to try and shutdown ideas by stating how you don't think anything needs fixed.   :huh  A brighter bloke might have realized this wasn't really pertinent to him UNLESS he just liked being a jerk... :rolleyes:
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »
You are such a troll...you have posted in the other thread  where most of this has been hashed out and suggestions were made.  So you are very aware that I have already shared ideas AND i feel this thread is a troll.   YOU have posted in a thread titled "fix the game" to try and shutdown ideas by stating how you don't think anything needs fixed.   :huh  A brighter bloke might have realized this wasn't really pertinent to him UNLESS he just liked being a jerk... :rolleyes:
Pound sand?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »

I get more fun out of trying to make it back than the actual fight itself. Getting rid of the rank system will not coax folks like me into turn fighting an a20 against an a6m.

in ava last week, i kept upping a p-39d against zeeks. it was suggested to me to bnz em, as that's the only chance a 39 has against them,. same thing was suggested the week prior in a p-39q against the 109's and 190's.

guess what? although i spread a LOT of parts of my own planes on the landscape, i did land 3 109 scalps in a single run.......i don't do the rank thing. i just fly to fight, or help where it's needed.....and sometimes i bravely run away to see if i can land em. oh yea.....i didn't bnz anyone either.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2010, 11:54:08 AM »
it comes up in the ava. it's been up 2x in the last 3 months, although i don't know when next it'll pop up.  with that map, we had night time for 5 minutes at a time. we also had a coral sea(i think) map that not only had night time for 5 minutes, but also had weather sometimes....such as a hazy 5 mile vis(which looked VERY much like it does in real life), and wind......and wind can throw your whole fight off.  :devil

Thanks Cap .... weather and visibility issues are such an important part of being a pilot.  I wish the members of the Aces High comunity would see weather/visibility as a excitement to the game, not as a hindrance.  Oh well ...I can dream can't I?    LOL

Thanks again CAP  ...and much thanks to Ranger ....what an awesome job he did

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

Thanks Cap .... weather and visibility issues are such an important part of being a pilot.  I wish the members of the Aces High comunity would see weather/visibility as a excitement to the game, not as a hindrance.  Oh well ...I can dream can't I?    LOL

Thanks again CAP  ...and much thanks to Ranger ....what an awesome job he did

Helm ...out

yep...without him, and people like him making these maps, this game....and that arena would totally suck. as it is, i still think we have the absolute best entertainment value for our money sitting right here under our noses......... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
In another thread it was about ENY and 2 sides with less numbers attacking the one with peak numbers (defending outnumbered and with ENY penalty).

I have an idea.
It's not elaborated at all.

It would combine 2 game dynamics: ENY on country level and Earned perk points on the individual level.

An extension in the clipboard would show a dialog like:

=============================================================
Your country is penalized by ENY:

If the players of your country sacrifice x thousand perk points within the next x minutes(count down), the following planes and loadouts will be available during the next x minutes

In the bucket: x thousand perk points
Stille needed: x thousand perk points

plane/loadaut
----------------------   
xxx/yyy

List of players and perk points
-------------------------------
playera/xxx
playerb/xxx

If the x thousand perk points are delivered in the announced time span, the conversion perk points to reduced ENY is executed.
Otherwise the perk points are sent back to the individuals.
=============================================================

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
Not a fix but some "tuning" maybe.............

In no order of priority and without elaboration.

Thresshold for an "attaboy" @ 2 kills plus 2 perks earned. (motivation away from uber rides)
A local horde limiting gameplay control or motivation( reduce hording excesses)
Heavy ordinance  load outs perked .
Attack given its own perk classification. (to buy heavy ordinance with)
Bombers only able drop from F6 view after a residence delay.
Formations disabled when attack classification is chosen
Attack aircraft forced to release from Pilots view.
F3 disabled for all but formation bombers.

Terrain mechanisms to remove the airfield as the focus of  capture and therfore  attrition/combat. (maintain the "war" focal point but remove attrition mechanisms that deny players local access)

Spawn roads for GVs to foil spawn campers.
Require only 80% of the town to be down prior to capture being viable.
Ludere Vincere

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »
Maybe tweak the assist model??

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »
I like the game as it is, can't really think of anything to change other than the age old DA requests..

- Turn killshooter off in DA

- No F3 view in DA

other than that, perfect game.  :aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
I agree with the DA suggestions Batty. :aok

On the question of how to fix the game.....i've never seen a game everyone is 100% happy with. No matter what HTC does there will always be someone who doesn't like something about it. There ain't no fix for that. The best we can hope for is that HTC does whatever needs to be done to make the majority happy and willing to come back for more.
The game itself i think it's a blast the way it is. Far better then anything i've played before. It's usually the PLAYERS actions that can make it suck sometimes, not HTC.  :old:
Lighten up Francis