Author Topic: question to the AVA players  (Read 4242 times)

Offline AAIbyteu

• Zinc Member
Re: question to the AVA players
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
Cap1 -
Sorry if I came off as being mad.  If you know me, you know that I never get mad and post to anyone.  It was banter just for fun.  I really like flying in AvA and respect all who fly there. I don't tune into 200 in the MA just for that reason.  When there is 8 - 15 people in the arena it is a more friendly atmosphere and a little kidding adds some spice.  :x   I also get tired of the junk that is posted on 200 and do not want that in AvA.  But I feel that all that are in there can police that arena and squelch anyone that gets out of control.  I play for fun, and am to darn old to be hacked off by anything somebody does.  I just go somewhere else.  (But you should hear me on VOX to squadies!!!!)  Besides we AA's don't get mad, we get even :devil
Unless it is Grizz, Del or a number of other guys that would just love for us to try. Then I just take my C205 and go home :cry
Again sorry for the confusion.  Love the area and all who play the game.   :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 05:49:30 PM »
 :salute

Well spoken. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:57 PM »
Cap1 -
Sorry if I came off as being mad.  If you know me, you know that I never get mad and post to anyone.  It was banter just for fun.  I really like flying in AvA and respect all who fly there. I don't tune into 200 in the MA just for that reason.  When there is 8 - 15 people in the arena it is a more friendly atmosphere and a little kidding adds some spice.  :x   I also get tired of the junk that is posted on 200 and do not want that in AvA.  But I feel that all that are in there can police that arena and squelch anyone that gets out of control.  I play for fun, and am to darn old to be hacked off by anything somebody does.  I just go somewhere else.  (But you should hear me on VOX to squadies!!!!)  Besides we AA's don't get mad, we get even :devil
Unless it is Grizz, Del or a number of other guys that would just love for us to try. Then I just take my C205 and go home :cry
Again sorry for the confusion.  Love the area and all who play the game.   :salute

so what yer sayin, is that yr an old fart?   :noid :neener:

seriously...i didn't think ya were mad, but rather i was fraid you may have taken a bad impression of what is normally such a fun arena.

i hope to be able to fly with/against ya some more, along with aajagr, and the rest of your sqaud.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bannock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
 :salute  Uhm... Does the "Ignore" button not work any more?

Just saying, is all.
 :old:

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2010, 06:24:47 AM »
People do seem to want to keep it on, so I'm thinking strict moderation of channel 1.

No banter, insults, taunting, "calling out" of players or complaining about other players tolerated.

Anyone violating this is told to take it somewhere else that is hidden from the public or can be detuned by others who want no part of it.

So...where can we download the PDF guide to acceptable discourse for AvA channel 1?

I say this because I don't think you really mean what you posted.

ban·ter

–noun
an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.
–verb (used with object)
to address with banter; chaff.
–verb (used without object)
to use banter.

I don't quite understand the point of leaving channel 1 on if it is going to be the equivalent of NPR on a Sunday morning.

And if your response is to tell the violators to take it to another channel it seems much simpler to just start there and avoid the policing thing altogether.

If you are going to leave channel 1 on put some teeth in your response. Violators should be chat banned for 3 weeks for every offense.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
So...where can we download the PDF guide to acceptable discourse for AvA channel 1?

I say this because I don't think you really mean what you posted.

ban·ter

–noun
an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.
–verb (used with object)
to address with banter; chaff.
–verb (used without object)
to use banter.

I don't quite understand the point of leaving channel 1 on if it is going to be the equivalent of NPR on a Sunday morning.

And if your response is to tell the violators to take it to another channel it seems much simpler to just start there and avoid the policing thing altogether.

If you are going to leave channel 1 on put some teeth in your response. Violators should be chat banned for 3 weeks for every offense.

it's pretty simple.....

"c'mon back and fight you friggin runtard!!" ====warning #1
"is vulching the only way you can get a kill?" ======chat ban(time determined by whomever did it)

any pm's directed in that manner to anyone = ejected from the arena for the night(if our admins have that power)
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2010, 08:16:42 AM »
That's the whole problem Dawger, everything is subjective. At what point does banter become bullying?

So you disable 1 and anyone wishing to give salutes or engage in "friendly" banter has to tune 200 and be subject to running crapstorms. Fine with me, I rarely do anything that warrants a salute anyway.

Whole thing would be a lot easier if we could mute someone from channel 1 only, however, it's across the board.

You get muted from country and range as well.

That's a pretty big nuke to stop an argument.

But if they are told to take it "outside", at least no one is forced to read it.

If they have that option and still insist on subjecting a captive audience to that crap, I feel a lot more comfortable in nuking them then.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »
.s works for salutes no matter what...............

I'm not going to argue anymore. It won't be me having to do the policing.

:bolt:

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »
Well, I didn't consider it arguing, just exchanging opinions.

yes .s works, but sometimes I don't have time to type .s superbluemeanie1474, but can type <S> super, and say "nice rope" or something.

If we felt we had a good answer, Jaeger wouldn't have asked for input.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2010, 09:10:21 AM »
Well, I didn't consider it arguing, just exchanging opinions.

yes .s works, but sometimes I don't have time to type .s superbluemeanie1474, but can type <S> super, and say "nice rope" or something.

If we felt we had a good answer, Jaeger wouldn't have asked for input.

Not argue as in what one does with the wife but more argue as in presenting the case for a viewpoint.

If you guys are going to have the ability to actually enforce the rules then policing might work but I get the feeling you are going to be more UN peacekeepers than US Marines when it comes to the ability to swing a big stick at the offenders.

Sure wish I had the time and desire to get back to flying in AH.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
*strikes texting 'meaniepoopiehead' ..  got it :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2010, 09:48:47 AM »
Squelch has seriously become my best friend.  It makes me smile every time I shoot one of them down or they shoot me down cause i know either way they are going off on the text buffer and I cant even see what they are saying lol.  Everyone should try it, you might like it!   I also got over their type of play.  The only time it gets me irritated is when they but into a good 1v1 and pick me off.  I dont count their kills on me as deaths nor do i really count my kills on them cause its usually a ho with 50/50 odds.  Ive had some great fights the last few days with Dot and oldman.  remembering those times are what keep me coming back.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2010, 09:54:18 AM »
Squelch has seriously become my best friend.  It makes me smile every time I shoot one of them down or they shoot me down cause i know either way they are going off on the text buffer and I cant even see what they are saying lol.  Everyone should try it, you might like it!   I also got over their type of play.  The only time it gets me irritated is when they but into a good 1v1 and pick me off.  I dont count their kills on me as deaths nor do i really count my kills on them cause its usually a ho with 50/50 odds.  Ive had some great fights the last few days with Dot and oldman.  remembering those times are what keep me coming back.

just beware dot if they ever give him his spit1 o deth........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »

just beware dot if they ever give him his Hurri-1 o deth........

Fixed for accuracy.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"