Author Topic: Need help locating a service member  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Need help locating a service member
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
I'd post this with a different title. More people would likely read it. Maybe in the O Club too.
-AoM-

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 04:41:38 PM »
I received a text this morning at 1:00AM from a former squad member. The contents of the text as well as statements made by this person in the past in game have me very worried about his welfare.

If anyone knows how to contact an active service member in US Military please let me know. Im concerned over the mental welfare of one of our in game brethren. From the message I received
I am in fear he may attempt some harm to himself. I called a 1-800 number for the military and I was told they would pass along the message. I got the feeling they didnt understand the seriousness I was trying to convey especially when I told them how I know the person , through AH2,. If someone has a better way to get this informatioin to the proper folks in the military please let me know. 

EZRhino

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »
Call the Red Cross, they might be able to help as well. They tracked me down in the middle of the Indian Ocean when my Grandmother passed.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »
Call the Red Cross, they might be able to help as well. They tracked me down in the middle of the Indian Ocean when my Grandmother passed.
Perfect answer
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »
Yeah, if you no nothing of the Unit or Command he is in, contact the Red Cross.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »
Well i hope the dude is alright. He'll be in my prayers tonight.  :pray
Lighten up Francis

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 07:00:10 PM »
red cross doesnt take 3rd party searches for this type of issue. their words....

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 07:19:05 PM »
In my prayers.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »
Might sound stupid, but facebook could give you some info.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »
red cross doesnt take 3rd party searches for this type of issue. their words....

Correct, you must be a family member....try it again and lie....seriously.  I would never advocate lying except when its for the greater good.  If this young man is threatening to do harm to himself, then he is inadvertently threatening the welfare of his unit, company, platoon, squad or fire team by being possibly unable to respond to a crisis.  I am concerned for him, but for his brothers-in-arms as well.

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »
EZ PM me the guys name I will do what I can to look him up on AKO.  Military One Source takes all these very seriously.  Explain what you received that brought your concern.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »
Thoughts & prayers   :salute    :pray   :pray

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 01:40:51 AM »
What branch? In the USMC we have Marine Online. You can look him up if he's there.

But the Red Cross is always a great answer.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 04:53:35 AM »
EZ PM me the guys name I will do what I can to look him up on AKO.  Military One Source takes all these very seriously.  Explain what you received that brought your concern.

Is he Army?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 06:10:01 AM »
Here is the message I receieved. I have spoken with this guy on 2 occaisions over the phone when he joined our squad. Both times he was messed up pretty good. He related some pretty blood curdling experiences in Iraq he had gone through. I ran a google search on his name at the time and there are photos of him in Iraq in the Army so I think hes legit.
This was received at 12:50AM on Monday  and I didnt see the message until midmorning on Monday.

"Sorry to say bye this way but I thought it would be best. I have to do my part for us. Bye friend! I love you, pray for me!"

Anyone one who has experienced a friends suicide as I have on several occasions recognizes what I'm seeing here. This coupled with his behavior and statements made in game have me very concerned for this guys welfare. I dont joke around with this kind of stuff. I've had the experience of blowing it off to a bad day and finding out that one of my friends ended his life.