Author Topic: Need help locating a service member  (Read 2337 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Need help locating a service member
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
Here is the message I receieved. I have spoken with this guy on 2 occaisions over the phone when he joined our squad. Both times he was messed up pretty good. He related some pretty blood curdling experiences in Iraq he had gone through. I ran a google search on his name at the time and there are photos of him in Iraq in the Army so I think hes legit.
This was received at 12:50AM on Monday  and I didnt see the message until midmorning on Monday.

"Sorry to say bye this way but I thought it would be best. I have to do my part for us. Bye friend! I love you, pray for me!"

Anyone one who has experienced a friends suicide as I have on several occasions recognizes what I'm seeing here. This coupled with his behavior and statements made in game have me very concerned for this guys welfare. I dont joke around with this kind of stuff. I've had the experience of blowing it off to a bad day and finding out that one of my friends ended his life.

If hes actually saying hes going to kill himself hes IMO less likely to actually do it. I lost an NCO in Korea, he always seemed happy around the workplace but the guy had some things going on else where. No warning at all he kills himself.

Not saying this isn't important but has he been actually saying he wants to kill himself?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:45:38 AM »
I havent been around him in while Junky. He admitted that hes having a very tough time handling his PTSD and is using alchol or other things in coping. If youve heard him on channel you would have a clear picture. Its hards to relate third person. Ive seen and heard enough from my work  and life to know this is something  not to trifle with. I disagree on the part of him being less likely to do anything based on telling people. its those folks who talk about it and everyone thinks its just talk that we usually find out theres some reason to worry about. One of the prior posted was sent the info I have and hes tryign to use some resources to let the military folks know. the phone number off the text message still goes to the guys voicemail. 

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
I'm not sure that sounds suicidal, but for sure...better to be safe than sorry -especially if past history throws some warning flags.

Good luck with this, I hope all is well.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
You know him better than us, so I understand your concern and trust your judgment on his mental state.  It is not uncommon for those who are suicidal to reach out, it is all too often that only after the fact people start realizing someone was sending out signals for help.  Keep trying to find a way to alert whoever you need too, but keep communicating with him if possible.  Good Luck.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 10:07:26 AM »
If the guy is in the US Army, Active Duty, PM the name and I will see what I can do. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline dev1ant

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 11:40:08 AM »
Good luck with finding him and getting him some help.  :salute
Deviant

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »
*************Update*************

The aforementioned member is alive and is posting on his facebook page. My wife located his facebook account. I dont know why he chose me as the person whom he should send his message to as he is still not answering his phone. If i get a hold of him I intend to see that he seek the help him message suggests he desparately needs.  I consider this thread to no longer be needed. I thank all members who responded with their suggestions.

EZRhino

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »
This has been resolved.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com