Author Topic: Rods New Build  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
Re: Rods New Build
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »
The days of "TD building for AHer's" came to a close about two months ago.   

What happened?  Is TD ok?
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »
He had some issues with people posting on the boards and said he was done with them. I was sure he was done with the boards, NOT building boxes. His number is on his site, give him a call.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
He had some issues with people posting on the boards and said he was done with them. I was sure he was done with the boards, NOT building boxes. His number is on his site, give him a call.

To sum it up,  it was Mr Ripley's fault.   Also he is not giving discounts to Aces High players (yeah that is what he said on teamspeak).

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
To sum it up,  it was Mr Ripley's fault.   Also he is not giving discounts to Aces High players (yeah that is what he said on teamspeak).
Can't build em for free and expect to eat .

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »
On one hand I don't blame TD for getting angry and turning his back on the AH community as far as this goes.
On the other hand, I believe that TD should just 'suck it up' and move on.

I'm not trying to be rude, and believe me I understand that as a hobby, TD wasn't looking at making big profits (if any at all) from the AH community but he needs to understand that in doing so, he was spreading around good word of mouth and advertising his company.  I've had my hands in running businesses in the past and I've dealt with my fair share of complaints and ignorance (and the two usually go hand in hand) but turning my back to an entire community that is willing to purchase my products.. well that would just be economical suicide on any company's behalf!

IIRC TD does do a lot of business for commercial clients so this decision may not affect him financially that much, but if he wants to try to continue to get a part in the consumer marketplace, then this kind of behavior will severely limit his potential.

TD, you've been a great contributor to the Aces High community.  Don't let the ignorance of a few people dissuade you from doing what you like.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 01:10:19 PM »
The days of "TD building for AHer's" came to a close about two months ago.   

He will still build it for you but you aren't going to get anything out of him as far as technical help on this BBS. I for one hate that but I understand it; sometimes dingdongs make good people so mad they can't see straight and its best just to ignore the hard headed people.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 01:54:50 PM »
This is really not what this forum is for.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com