Author Topic: who says jets ain't fun?  (Read 1892 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: who says jets ain't fun?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 11:06:05 AM »
Yepp :) :aok

the thing is.....that sometimes something silly like this can be massive fun too. i mean....i know 262's can fight 262's in the main arenas....but honestly....do you REALLY think it's gonna be knife fights like was happening in the ava last night?
 i truly think that the ava is the only place you're gonna find this kind of stuff.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »

The beauty of the AvA most of the time (other than this week) is that  it actually makes sense.

F86 VS Mig 15  (Sub 262 as closest thing) 

map is korea. actually, it makes alot of sense.

in another setup, we can use the korea map with all the prop planes instead of jets.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
i find miniskirts with garter belts work nicely. while they're tryin to look up my skirt, i nail em with a tater.  :bolt: :rofl :neener:

That explains it!!!  Well I'm off to Ross  :bolt:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »
F86 VS Mig 15  (Sub 262 as closest thing) 

map is korea. actually, it makes alot of sense.

in another setup, we can use the korea map with all the prop planes instead of jets.

Cap when yall run that we really need to get the word out.  I've said it several times but I think the GV guys would LOVE this terrain.  I'll keep an eye on the calendar. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »
Cap when yall run that we really need to get the word out.  I've said it several times but I think the GV guys would LOVE this terrain.  I'll keep an eye on the calendar. 

a bunch of us tried gv'ing, but ended up with the lw tardesque  types bombing us. some stayed in gv's....i went up and kilt em.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »
I'm going to try and come in tonight, make sure all the enemy planes are painted in crazy rainbow colors so I can see them.  My 19" screen is a bit too small  :O  << me trying to see the little dots.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »
what time Big?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 01:32:22 PM »
I'm going to try and come in tonight, make sure all the enemy planes are painted in crazy rainbow colors so I can see them.  My 19" screen is a bit too small  :O  << me trying to see the little dots.

BigRat

i've been using the skin with the blue and red stripes around the empanage, and a big 5 on the side. might change it though, just to screw with yas,.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »
my precious lil jeep is a stealthy thing :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »
i may try gv's again. i couldn't find the bad guys last night. that dam city is like a maze.

then the 234's came in, and there was no use being in a tank........just like in lw...........you know the deal without me going any farther......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »
what time Big?

I'll probably show up around 8:30- 9 central tonight.  I'm always up for GV action as well, hell may do both. 

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »
How's this sound for a fun concept?

I'm going to up a jeep at V36 in the AVA arena tonight at 8:00 CST.  I have to get desperately needed supplies to the port (51 I believe)  I double dog DARE you to come kill me. 

I could also use some ground support to speed me on my way.  If anybody wants to race in a jeep that would be welcome too. 

Please don't attack any ground troops with aircraft and lets have a little nonsense fun. 

Thinking about posting that in General.  :D

Jeep race winner gets bragging rights for a year and I'll make a trophy jpg suitable for sig lines?

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »
HeH, ya think jets are fun??? Its nothing compared to how cool the AvA no icon environment is with balanced, match plane sets   Axis air craft vs. allied air craft.Like Spits v 109s, or  Zeke's vs wild cats

Now that's amazing and very immerse.

The beauty of the AvA most of the time (other than this week) is that  it actually makes sense.

Because as far as I know in WWII zeros didn't fight zeros and p38s didn't fight against P38s.. and Me 262 didn't fight Me 262.

The majority of the  time The AvA runs high quality intelligent set ups. Geared to the folks that appreciate historic matchups and actual air combat encounters. As opposed to appealing to  the Childish airquake mentality seen in other areanas

Thanks AvA for all your great work its the only way to fly!

now THATS and AD for the AvA....   Are you paying attention CAP....

:noid
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 06:52:04 PM »
So far after only a handful of sorties... multiple 262's have fallen into the allure of an easy 234 kill, only to be rendered dead from my 20mm cannons  :devil
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »
t minus one hour and three minutes :D

Ahh well no takers.. it was worth a try
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:03:09 PM by Dichotomy »