Author Topic: who says jets ain't fun?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
who says jets ain't fun?
« on: December 10, 2010, 11:41:34 PM »
logged into the ava again(yes grizz, it is an ad for the ava. in fact, i think i'm gonna see how many times i can fit ava into this ava thread for the ava)  :lol

anyway, the ava has jets only, with rv8's as spotter planes. first logged in, and took all my ammo to shoot down an rv8....dam things are wiggly. only in the ave could this happen.

re-upped in a sherman, as i've not driven a tank in the ava before, and proceeded to get lost in the town. my ava gps wasn't working. got egged, so i re-upped a jet.

only in the ava will you find jets fighting from 3k down to the deck. i had another excellent couple of fights with rammey. both low, both slow, 1 victorious, the other not so much..... :cry

some ava screenshots follow.....

comin round on an ava victim.....

massive hits here....

me tinks me bwoke his wittle airpwane in the ava.....

this one actually didn't go down.....

this is why i love the ava......

almost collided...

nother view....

love this view....

and this one.....

you guys oughta check out the ava. it's not a pick/ho/ramfest like one would think. there was nearly constant action from around 9'ish eastern till nearly midnight eastern tonight.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: who says jets ain't fun?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »
Nice Cap  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 07:34:02 AM »
Would've probably been in there but squaddies were on and FSO was right around the corner. Looks like you arent to shabby in that 262 Cap, I think your pee38 is getting jealous  :devil

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
shhhhhh..

she's at my place and still asleep ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »
thanks sirs.

i think my sa is still my worst enemy. i died more than i killed, as all of my death(except for one) were from me getting snuck up on, or picked from another fight.

i don't think i'm doing that great in it....and with the exception of a flight shooting drones offline, this was my first time in the 262.

the funny thing is that back when i was a hurri dweeb, i had massive trouble when i had to jump into something else. now, since i've been a p-38 dweeb, it seems as is it's a little easier to jump into other aircraft.

the biggest thing i noticed when fighting in the 262, was that i had a much slower response time from the point of throttling back to full, and the plane actually starting to accelerate.
 her response to the usage of flaps seemed pretty nice too, and a couple of my kills were below 150mph.  :devil

edited for spelling...... :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:38:34 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »
ya the 282 had great flaps but I don't have enough perks to get one of those so I'm stuck down here with the plebes ;)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »
No perks required in the AVA Dicho. All Free :)

RTR
The Damned

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 09:32:41 AM »
ya but the 282 doesn't even show up in my hangar... Caps breaking out the secret weapons.. I call foul!!!!!

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 09:38:10 AM »
ahh the 282, well that is only available for those of us who have been known to fly in a dress.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
ahh

I don't have any dresses.... I usually go with hotpants and fishnets  :t

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »
ya the 282 had great flaps but I don't have enough perks to get one of those so I'm stuck down here with the plebes ;)

:rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »
HeH, ya think jets are fun??? Its nothing compared to how cool the AvA no icon environment is with balanced, match plane sets   Axis air craft vs. allied air craft.Like Spits v 109s, or  Zeke's vs wild cats

Now that's amazing and very immerse.

The beauty of the AvA most of the time (other than this week) is that  it actually makes sense.

Because as far as I know in WWII zeros didn't fight zeros and p38s didn't fight against P38s.. and Me 262 didn't fight Me 262.

The majority of the  time The AvA runs high quality intelligent set ups. Geared to the folks that appreciate historic matchups and actual air combat encounters. As opposed to appealing to  the Childish airquake mentality seen in other areanas

Thanks AvA for all your great work its the only way to fly!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:00:42 AM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
ahh

I don't have any dresses.... I usually go with hotpants and fishnets  :t

i find miniskirts with garter belts work nicely. while they're tryin to look up my skirt, i nail em with a tater.  :bolt: :rofl :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »
HeH, ya think jets are fun??? Its nothing compared to how cool the AvA no icon environment is with balanced, match plane sets   Axis air craft vs. allied air craft.Like Spits v 109s, or  Zeke's vs wild cats

Now that's amazing and very immerse.

The beauty of the AvA most of the time (other than this week) is that  it actually makes sense.

Because as far as I know in WWII zeros didn't fight zeros and p38s didn't fight against P38s.. and Me 262 didn't fight Me 262.

The majority of the  time The AvA runs high quality intelligent set ups. Geared to the folks that appreciate historic matchups and actual air combat encounters. As opposed to appealing to  the Childish airquake mentality seen in other areanas

Thanks AvA for all your great work its the only way to fly!

well, see?
 you can thank sapp for this. we used the mode 17 blender to get in, and unbeknownst to the nazis, we managed to duplicate the plans for the me262. in so doing, we returned through the portal, crashing into whatever happened to be nearby said portal, destroying our p-38's, and damaging our blenders.....but kept the plans intact.
 we then took the plans to the muppets, who rather quickly, and effeciently built a bunch of me262;s for us. now, knowing how we all tend to fight in rather unprofessional ways, such as attacking trees, rocks, the ground, the water, etc, we painted em just like the german ones, in hopes of confusing the nazis.
 thusly, we manage to sucker the germans down low, into our fight......

and that sir is my story, and i'm stickin to it.  :devil :rofl

seriously....you mean something like this?
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,301921.0.html
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »
Yepp :) :aok
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi