Author Topic: first film  (Read 434 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
first film
« on: December 13, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
This is my first attempt at a film.  looking for some constructive criticism.  feel free to comment about anything, but please be specific about it.  dont just say film sucks.  I really enjoy making this film and looking forward to make another but I am still a noob when it comes to using the ah film recorder, fraps and sony vegas.  this is where your comments are appreciated.  I specially would love to hear from people that can teach me the black out effect. lots of times you see my plane go straight, that's when i had blacked out. but coudnt recreate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_uHQS-OqQ

semp
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:54:43 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
Re: first film
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:23 PM »
Your film was great for first time. But try to keep the time below 5 minutes as some people get boered to easily :) to do this concentrate you film into 8 second shots and refilm with fraps at x51 speed in aces filmviewer as when you take the film shot onto sony vegas you can then speed up the clip by double the original speed thus allowing for a more faster feel to th action.

Search these forums for film making tutorials they are here and i used them to help me and found my films where turning out better.
I cant remember who did the film making tutorial but i shall try and find it for you or someone else shall tell you :)

But in all good film great sound track :)

PS in filmviewer double click on the other players name and you jump to his plane. to do this its in the box on the right just double click his name and pow you in his cockpit :)

Adds more film shots aswell :)

BulletVI
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:46:15 AM »
that is pretty badass Semp.

For a first film it beat the hell out of my first one. Ive always ment to do a documentary style film like this. But dont have the video editing software to do it decently
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:21:18 PM »
Definitely make it shorter and try to mix up the views more.  Cool music (would be better without the vocals though).
I like the ending.  :lol
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »
Nice film...  :salute
 I'm still waiting for you to blackout 1 time at least... :headscratch:
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 11:53:26 PM »
Film recorder doesnt record black out, but you can tell by how many times I would just go straight. At the end it got me killed.  Trying to figure out how to reproduce it in vegas.  I blacked out about 5 or 6 times.

Semp
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:24:30 AM by guncrasher »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »
that is pretty badass Semp.

For a first film it beat the hell out of my first one. Ive always ment to do a documentary style film like this. But dont have the video editing software to do it decently

for kicks i used windows live movie maker to reproduce it.  It is free with win7, vista, xp use a different version.  only thing with windows live is that it is free, and I like to spend money, j/k.  with vegas you can do a few more tricks.  but I havent figure out any.

one last thing, it's hard to remove windows live once you install it.

semp