Author Topic: Tank Town GV bombing solution  (Read 9941 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: Tank Town GV bombing solution
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2010, 11:56:07 AM »
And then we have the GVs, to avoid getting bombed made you should move around a bit....... Oh ya that spoils the spawmcamp.

There are no spawn in TT except the hangers.  Also HT made the spawn locations a bit more random. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2010, 12:57:27 PM »
Dirt -

I know you're really bought into this.

But I don't think you're considering anything other than your own perspective, and it seems you're not thinking about the game as a whole. In the end, it doesn't matter though - Sorry, but this idea isn't going to go anywhere.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »
And you have never spawncamped a hanger? Give me a break. Yes TT spawns are a bit more randomn but most strive to find a hiding spot that covers the spawn areas best. I can understnd why you would hate to have to move from there, but it also is the spot people are going to look to clear first. By tank or bomb it doesn't matter

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2010, 01:39:01 PM »
I have been playing here for a year now and I have never, ever been bombed in a GV.  Thats because I have never upped a GV.  The game is Aces High, not GV Warrior.  As you can see I am less than sympathetic because of this.  Frankly I just do not get the GV gamers who play a flying sim, and then complain about the guys in aircraft interacting with those on the ground.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
I have been playing here for a year now and I have never, ever been bombed in a GV.  Thats because I have never upped a GV.  The game is Aces High, not GV Warrior.  As you can see I am less than sympathetic because of this.  Frankly I just do not get the GV gamers who play a flying sim, and then complain about the guys in aircraft interacting with those on the ground.

"In the air, on land, or at sea, the battle rages 24 hours a day..."

Taken from the front page.

I dislike being bombed while in a GV. Usually after it happens I say, "DANG IT! Why didn't I have a guy in a Whirble with me?"    :lol
See Rule #4

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
I just fail to see the significant difference between getting bombed by a jabo and getting shot by another tank.

When I'm in a tank, fighting other tanks, and there are planes overhead I still get killed by a tank the vast majority of the time.

Maybe I'm missing the point.  Isn't it, "I drive from the spawn to my 'spot' and get bombed"?  What if I drive from the spawn and get shot by a tank?  Can't I re-up in another tank and try again?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2010, 02:12:23 PM »
I just fail to see the significant difference between getting bombed by a jabo and getting shot by another tank.

When I'm in a tank, fighting other tanks, and there are planes overhead I still get killed by a tank the vast majority of the time.

Maybe I'm missing the point.  Isn't it, "I drive from the spawn to my 'spot' and get bombed"?  What if I drive from the spawn and get shot by a tank?  Can't I re-up in another tank and try again?

wrongway

The difference that causes all the  :cry is that the tank is 'defenseless' against airplanes, and that's just plain not fair, according to some.  Apparently there should be no advantage to putting together a multiple-pronged attack or defense, it should just be so that tanks can only get shot by tanks, and everything's fair.

I think based on that logic, it would also make sense that wirbles and ostwinds shouldn't be able to be killed by tanks, because they're defenseless against them.  Planes shouldn't be able to be shot on the runway either by tanks, because they're defenseless at that point.  It all amounts to the same thing.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2010, 03:18:38 PM »
The difference that causes all the  :cry is that the tank is 'defenseless' against airplanes, and that's just plain not fair, according to some.  Apparently there should be no advantage to putting together a multiple-pronged attack or defense, it should just be so that tanks can only get shot by tanks, and everything's fair.

I think based on that logic, it would also make sense that wirbles and ostwinds shouldn't be able to be killed by tanks, because they're defenseless against them.  Planes shouldn't be able to be shot on the runway either by tanks, because they're defenseless at that point.  It all amounts to the same thing.

Wiley.

OK, I guess this idea will die with some of the rest of them.  In my mind, twisted as it may be, having a single area where you could GV in some peace seems reasonable.  Most seem to interpret this as some game changing epic solution.  I do not think it is.  Thanks for the input fellahs, I appreciate the sincere, mature responses. 

-- Crusader
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »
OK, I guess this idea will die with some of the rest of them.  In my mind, twisted as it may be, having a single area where you could GV in some peace seems reasonable.  Most seem to interpret this as some game changing epic solution.  I do not think it is.  Thanks for the input fellahs, I appreciate the sincere, mature responses. 

-- Crusader

I'm trying to help ya come up with other avenues, talk to shegotya she runs the heavy metal sundays, i dont see why they couldnt set up a weekly tankfest to really see if there are enough people wanting tank on tank action, Talk to one of the Special Events arena guys maybe they can come up with time frames that you could use, or the Ava, theres lots of choices besides the MA the last choice is TankCity in the DA, i think theres some kind of DA rule that you dont interfear with other people in certian area's i could be wrong, anyway im just trying to help :salute

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »
Yeah and we need a gv free place to cuz there is nothing worse than getting ready to capture a town and a whirble pops up. Just not fair  :D  :devil

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2010, 06:01:25 PM »
I'm trying to help ya come up with other avenues, talk to shegotya she runs the heavy metal sundays, i dont see why they couldnt set up a weekly tankfest to really see if there are enough people wanting tank on tank action, Talk to one of the Special Events arena guys maybe they can come up with time frames that you could use, or the Ava, theres lots of choices besides the MA the last choice is TankCity in the DA, i think theres some kind of DA rule that you dont interfear with other people in certian area's i could be wrong, anyway im just trying to help :salute

(Image removed from quote.)

ya but the problem in those other arenas is the scores don't count when you land those 35 kills  :devil

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2010, 07:39:12 PM »

-- Crusader

Dirtdart:

Well, I come back from my holiday break, and see that this thread hasn’t fared very well.  There have been a few sincere counter-arguments to your ideas, but most opponents are depressingly disingenuous and illogical.  The objections of such opponents clearly derive from their personal gameplay preferences, and their inability to acknowledge personal preferences of others.  They keep repeating the same things, and nothing posted in these threads will change their minds.  Some of these illogical things include:
1)  Tank combat is all spawn camping.  (false)
2)  When spawn camping occurs, GVers can't handle it.  (false)
3)  Proposed GV-friendly changes would apply outside of TT and ruin the rest of the MA.  (false)
4)  Since they don't enjoy GV-only battles, no one else does/should either.  (false)
5)  Proponents of the GV-friendly ideas in this and similar threads only play GVs, don't care about other types of gameplay, are thus hypocrites, and should therefore be ignored.  (false)
6)  Etc., etc.

Does that mean that your thread is useless?  No it doesn't.  You influenced Greebo, and generated useful discussion, which could later be leveraged in a Wishlist thread.  Maybe I will try a Wishlist thread on this topic.  If I do, its focus will be on enabling an additional gameplay mode, without detracting from existing modes, and why this will benefit HTC and the overall player base. 

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
Just read Oakranger's thread, and am feeling subdued.  I guess that puts these kind of gameplay disagreements in perspetive. 

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2010, 12:28:32 AM »
"the tank is 'defenseless' against airplanes"   :huh  I regularly get shot with main guns on tanks, when I get careless, got tired of that, learned to dive steeper when possible, & learned to shoot Il's with HE rounds...tat-tat-tat with the turret gun, then pull the trigger when ya get a flash. Shocks heck outa some when ya main gun 'em.  :banana: But still I think a GV crater would be a fine solution for those who want it. :aok
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:31:09 AM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »

Wiley.

I still do not understand why they haven't at least removed enemy icons from tanks as seen from the air. That alone would even the playing field in my humble opinion.. Then the pilot has to actually hunt instead of looking for that big red icon...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game