Author Topic: WTB: TrackIR  (Read 656 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
WTB: TrackIR
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
Never thought I would want or need it but now that I am doing some jet and helo sims I find that I am in need of this more and more. Besides having to use the mouse or keyboard to look around a cockpit doing a cold start checklist is a PITA!

Drop me a PM if you have one you might want to sell.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: WTB: TrackIR
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 07:35:02 AM »
pm otw
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:10:11 AM »
replied
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »
Thanks Eagler! It works like a champ and even though I am still getting used to it; having TrackIR is a huge help in DCS: Black Shark and DCS:A-10C doing start up procedures on the clickable cockpits and working off a check list.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
Glad to help.
Have a Happy New Year!!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »
be very careful if your using the clip pro, i had mine 2 weeks and the swivel on the TrackIr Clip Pro broke  :cry , don't know how either took it off one night, next day went to hook it up to my headset and it was dangling  :cry  granted i still have the metal hat clip but that's kinda funky lookin  :lol 
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Online gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
Electrical tape Zoom, works pretty well. Make sure you stretch it out first, and it holds well. You can even rotate it a bit if you go slowly.

Still working on a sleeve, insert to toughen up mine, will let everyone know when/if I find a way.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »
yup mine is being held up by electrical tape. two weeks after I got it the clip broke.i also taped the wire since it looks dangerously weak.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:08:24 AM »
Yep looking at getting one of those clips now just because I can't stand wearing a hat all the dang time.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
wait till you go afk for a beer and one of the following things happen

the hat clip turns loose and flings itself across the room where it hides in remote spots and giggles at your cursing and throwing thing out of your way

the doorbell rings, you answer it, your neighbor has stopped by to give you a package they signed for, and they just stop and stare at your head with a 'wtf' look on their face

you remember to check the mail and a car drives by and all of the occupants stare at you

your kid comes by your room to introduce the girl he's interested in and you're wearing it

yes all of the above have happened to me.  I nearly ran to the corner store with it on once but, thankfully, the Squid stopped me before I walked out. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
Well my entire family had a huge laugh at me on Christmas day afternoon when they came to my office/cave/room and saw me wearing a hat with that goofy spring loaded thing on it.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
Anyone ever thought of trying to create your own TrackIR Clip? I can't imagine its that hard to do.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
wait till you go afk for a beer and one of the following things happen

the hat clip turns loose and flings itself across the room where it hides in remote spots and giggles at your cursing and throwing thing out of your way

the doorbell rings, you answer it, your neighbor has stopped by to give you a package they signed for, and they just stop and stare at your head with a 'wtf' look on their face

you remember to check the mail and a car drives by and all of the occupants stare at you

your kid comes by your room to introduce the girl he's interested in and you're wearing it

yes all of the above have happened to me.  I nearly ran to the corner store with it on once but, thankfully, the Squid stopped me before I walked out.  

HAHAHAHA  yep world meet Joe Dirt   :rofl   :rofl    :rofl

i have developed a way to fix it using a 1inch small diameter machined nut and bolts from my RC plane parts, using my drummel tool ill notch 2 places for the wires on opposite sides, protect the wires with tiny straws clipped to size then epoxy the screw in, drill the other end then using washer,star washer (for fine positioning) then the bolt, by looking at it its going to work better then how its designed
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:47:35 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »
"Yep looking at getting one of those clips now just because I can't stand wearing a hat all the dang time."

I have attached mine to the top of my headphones this way I don't need to where a hat all the time. Yes when friends or family stop by they still laugh at you,but I never have the problem of leaving the house with a hat on.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks