Author Topic: I'm outta here until HTC gets this game stabilized.  (Read 1466 times)

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
I'm outta here until HTC gets this game stabilized.
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:49:13 PM »
That tears it!  Played all weekend, three-four game crashes each time over the course of two to three hours.  Unacceptable...  Until HTC gets this game stabilized so everyone can play it, I'm cancelling my subscription.  Core i7 processor, with GTX 285 video card, 6 Gig DDR RAM and I'm getting game crashes.  Latest drivers don't help.  Uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling the game does not help.  This is the ONLY game I've had any sort of trouble with and only since AH went to the Miles sound system.  Now that's it's at 2.2 patch 1, It's getting worse.  HTC is gonna improve this game until no one can play it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:01:54 PM by EDO43 »
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: I'm outta here until HTC gets this game stabilized.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
have you emailed support@hitechcreations.com?

Skuzzy can sort out almost any problem. 

For the record the only problems I've ever had since 06 were self induced.  Not saying that's the situation on your end but it's worth a look.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07:05 AM »
Yeah not a single problem on my end either.  Need to try to work with them one-on-one.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:28:46 AM »
I would bet your system isnt stable and thats causing the crashes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »
Maybe it is your system that is the problem.  Try researching that problem before railing against the game producer.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 02:27:58 PM »
That tears it!  Played all weekend, three-four game crashes each time over the course of two to three hours.  Unacceptable...  Until HTC gets this game stabilized so everyone can play it, I'm cancelling my subscription.  Core i7 processor, with GTX 285 video card, 6 Gig DDR RAM and I'm getting game crashes.  Latest drivers don't help.  Uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling the game does not help.  This is the ONLY game I've had any sort of trouble with and only since AH went to the Miles sound system.  Now that's it's at 2.2 patch 1, It's getting worse.  HTC is gonna improve this game until no one can play it.

Post your DXDiag notes so we can tell you what is wrong with your system that is causing Aces High to crash.  It would also help if you posted any error messages you receive when it crashes or at least describe with some better detail (minus your whines) the crashes you are experiencing.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Heck, HTC is more compatible than most game manufacturers.  Even FSX crashed CONSTANTLY on me its first several months after release.  My ex wife was all excited when The Sims 2 came out, but couldn't play it because it was so buggy.  Her babies would disappear, then she'd get in trouble for not feeding them.  Characters would do weird things and get stuck all of the time, and the game itself crashed regularly.  She literally had to shelve the game for three months before they released a patch that finally fixed the issues.  Even then it still continued to crash whenever it felt like it.

If you look at the trillions upon trillions of possible hardware/software combinations that programs have to be compatible with, it's a wonder that anything ever works at all!

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 03:52:40 PM »
 WHINE THIS ACK-ACK!  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,297638.0.html  What's your in game ID?  I wanna see if you actually play or are one of these BBS lurkers that just like to poke and jab anyone who expresses anything...Most things with your name attached to it are negative so unless you've got an HTC paycheck, I don't want anything outta your brain in my thread.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:12:21 PM by EDO43 »
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
WHINE THIS ACK-ACK http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,297638.0.html  What's your in game ID?  I wanna see if you actually play or are one of these BBS lurkers that just like to poke and jab anyone who expresses anything...

Whoa!

1> Did you ever email Skuzzy?
2> What do you mean by 'video driver resets?'  this can mean different things to different people.  Personally, I have no idea what you're talking about.
3> You mentioned something about eset which I'm guessing is anti-virus/malware software?  This can cause issues and is often the culprit with problems that become difficult to find.  Have you considered uninstalling it altogether and see what happens?

I see ack's point though.  You posted your issue on 9/29.  Then three days ago (12/17) you mentioned that you may have fixed it, and that you will contact Skuzzy when the problem 'becomes annoying' which tells us that perhaps it's not a serious issue and/or that you've got it resolved for the most part.  I'm assuming that since you're now here threatening to leave the game (and that you never answered the question about whether you contacted HT or not about your issue) that you never DID contact HTC and are throwing in the towel before even really giving anything a try.

That's fine and all, but it doesn't win a lot of 'sympathy points' from us for your situation.  If you're looking for us to feel sorry for you, then you're in the wrong place.  If you're looking to threaten HTC into magically fixing your computer under the reasoning that they might lose your business... well once again... this is the wrong place for this.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you?"  Well it's especially important right now because all we are trying to do is help.  You can decide to accept our help, or you can decide not to that decision is yours, but when you drop down to the level of making threats, "I'm canceling my subscription" and copping an attitude, "I wanna see if you actually play or are one of these BBS lurkers" then all that does is make it so that nobody wants to help you at all.

I would much rather see you get the issues corrected and continue to be a part of the Aces High community than to see you leave before even giving things a fighting chance but it all comes down to you gotta do what you gotta do so if you feel that leaving is what it takes to make you happy then so be it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:17:53 PM by Tigger29 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »
WHINE THIS ACK-ACK!  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,297638.0.html  What's your in game ID?  I wanna see if you actually play or are one of these BBS lurkers that just like to poke and jab anyone who expresses anything...Most things with your name attached to it are negative so unless you've got an HTC paycheck, I don't want anything outta your brain in my thread.

I guess that's just as well because you're probably not going to like the answer to your problem anyway.  But, what the hell, why not make your day even brighter than it already is?  :devil

First off, the problem you are experiencing isn't a result of an issue with the game.  If the problem was with the game, it would be a far more widespread of a problem and it's not.   So, this leads us to the only viable conclusion and that there is something wrong with your hardware and that's where to look for the possible problem.

The problem you're encountering can be caused by a few different things, all related to your video card.  Possible causes:

• outdated drivers
  • incorrectly uninstalled/installed drivers
  • video card over heating
  • insufficient power
  • failing video card
  • buggy drivers

When installing new drivers, it is imparitive that you make sure that your system is clean of the old drivers.  It is highly recommended that after uninstalling your old video drivers that you run a program like Driver Cleaner Pro and make sure all traces of the previous driver has been removed.  Reboot your computer and then install the new drivers.  This will eliminate any issues related to incorrectly uninstalled/installed drivers. 

Just because Aces High 2 isn't all that taxing on your video card, it doesn't mean that your card still can't over heat.  Other factors may cause the temperature of your card to rise that it causes a kernal protection fault error (the issue you are experiencing) causing the game and video card to crash.  Run a program like RivaTuner and monitor the temperature of your video card and see if it gets above 55 degrees celsius.  It shouldn't crash at that temperature but once it hits the 60 degree mark, it may cause the video card to start displaying artifacts and cause the video card to crash.

Insufficient power can also cause this problem, make sure that your power supply is outputting sufficient power to power your card in addition to all the other devices connected to your computer.  Also check to make sure that your power supply isn't failing.

It could also be that your video card is failing, resulting in this problem.  Again, just because it's a new or relatively new card (purchase wise) doesn't mean you didn't buy a defective or poorly manufactured card.  Also, video cards tend to fail with heavy use and the harder you use the card the shorter the life span of the card.

Buggy drivers can also be a major cause.  It is quite well known that Nvidia, for quite some time, has had difficulty in making reliable 64-bit drivers and quite a few are having troubles with Vista 64-bit and Win7 64 bit in particular.  If you're running either of the 64-bit versions of those OS', that might be the problem and trying to revert back to an older driver version may fix the issue.

But since you didn't want me to post anymore in your thread, I guess this was all a wasted effort.  So before you leave, can I have your stuff?

Oh, my in game handle is AKAK...come find me in game if you dare  :devil

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 05:37:32 PM »
It also looks like you may have a ton of stuff running in the background. Anyone of those things might cause you trouble as well.

Hit cntrl alt delete and then click on the "processes" tab at the top. Upper 20's, low 30's is about where you want to be. If you have more, a lot more, you might want to try clearing some of them out.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »
1. memtest your ddr3's with all settings on default. preferably one stick at a time in the slots, with two removed.
2. run prime95 blend for 30 mins with all ddr3's installed.
3. do not install an anti-virus. use microsoft security essentials only(free).
4. do not use software tweaks on desktop, like ms gadgets, temp monitors, docks/launchers, etc.

usually when you have hard crashes, its a busted ddr3 cell at the high(er) memory addresses.
this is not an AHII fault. it is a system fault.

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
Looking at your post of your systems DXdiag, I saw several issues.

1) In the BIOS
-what voltage is your CPU set to
-what voltage is your mem set to
-what speed is your PCI-e port set to

2) Your audio drivers are 8/20/2008 humm maybe a problem here as Skuzzy stated in your first post

3)Hard drives... your post shows
"
Drive: C:
 Free Space: 340.4 GB
Total Space: 476.9 GB
File System: NTFS
      Model: WDC WD5001AALS-00L3B2 ATA Device

Drive: D:
      Model: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q ATA Device
"
Do you have only one Hard Disk, you show a RAID controller running.  If only one disk, did you just click on the install from the MB disk.

"Name: Marvell 61xx RAID Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_6121&SUBSYS_82121043&REV_B2\4&28714A0B&0&00E4
   Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mv61xx.sys, 1.02.0000.0057 (English), 6/23/2008 18:21:32, 173096 bytes"

Amongst other things, before pointing fingers at the Game, I am taking a stab here, this is a home build system.  My thoughts are "Anyone can build a system, but not everyone should", meaning that its easy top use a screwdriver and follow instructions to put part B into part A and violia your up and running.  Installs of the OS (correctly configured for the system), proper driver installs and configuration and knowing the in's and out's of the OS including knowing how to remove devices and their drivers make for a stable system.

Your trouble lays within your system configuration, not AH.  Just because this is the only game/program making it crash means it is finding the fault while other programs are not.

My .02

TD

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »

EDO, take two valiums and call us back after drinking a few brewskies after the valium bro!  Ack-Ack does indeed play and has for ages and ages and goes way back to early AW days.  Yes he pokes and jabs as he doesn't suffer fools on the BBS.  I can tell ya that back in AW, he was a techie for CH Products and helped many of us out and continues to help lots of folks out.  He may not want to seem like it but he does know his stuff and if asked, he will help ya.  Don't shun help this way brother.  I realize that you are kinda screwed up with the recent passing of your father but ya gotta let those who are offering help, deliver that help.  I have to agree that it's something on your system side and not the game or we would see way more complaints about the problems that you are experiencing.  Now if you would consider the advice some are giving here, we may be able to collectively get your system straightened out.  Now for those who might want to jump in and start calling me an "Ack-Ack" ankle humper... NO, I've flown with him and against him for many years and he has my respect for all the good he has done for the community, although I will acknowledge that sometimes his evil twin does like to come out and whack an unsuspecting clueless seal on the BBS.  :D  I guess he will do what I just wished I did in a lot of cases in here...heheheh

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
EDO43,

Can't help you with the technical details, but I agree with you that AckAck is sometimes badly behaved.  So you slapped him down nicely as he deserved.  

Now try to stick with it and take advantage of the help offered in this thread to figure out what's wrong with your system.  (Even from AckAck if he seems to know what he's talking about).  Since others aren't reporting this, it's probably something at your end.  The game is worth the effort.  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:55:20 PM by TDeacon »