Author Topic: That plane....  (Read 3317 times)

Offline ghostu

• Zinc Member
Re: That plane....
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
I HO brews. Most over modeled plane in the game. Finnish successes were against obsolete Russian biplanes and rat's

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
I HO brews. Most over modeled plane in the game. Finnish successes were against obsolete Russian biplanes and rat's

Wait for it......
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »
i love the FM-2 to death, and the 38J as well. i can't stand spixteens and D-ponys but i love to shoot them down
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2010, 11:10:13 AM »
Wait for it......
Widow maker is gonna be on him like white on rice :x
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »
Is the Brewster we have in the game modeled exactly as the 239 sent from the United States?  Or is it's flight model based on modifications that the Fin's made to the Brewsters after receipt of the planes?  Curiosity question here...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:10 AM »
Fin's version which was much better than the US version.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
Fin's version which was much better than the US version.

Roger that Fugitive.  Is the Finnish Brewster flight model data based on field modifications or factory produced versions of the plane?  Any information is appreciated.

:salute

Way

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Is the Brewster we have in the game modeled exactly as the 239 sent from the United States?  Or is it's flight model based on modifications that the Fin's made to the Brewsters after receipt of the planes?  Curiosity question here...

Interesting point.  If we allow the Brewster to be modeled as different than factory delivered, then other field mods should be allowed.  Or the Brewster should be remodeled as delivered.  Interesting indeed.

On a side note, wasn't the P-47M shipped without wing pylons?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2010, 01:00:58 PM »
Interesting point.  If we allow the Brewster to be modeled as different than factory delivered, then other field mods should be allowed.  Or the Brewster should be remodeled as delivered.  Interesting indeed.

Yes! it was an attempt by the US to use the existing JUG to improve intecept and overall air to air performance. I do not believe any Ms produced could carry ord without installation of the pylons. I do believe they could be installed if needed, <-- not positive on that though!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »

You see my line of thinking Caldera, but I do not want to get ahead of the discussion.  Let's see where the data came from first Sir.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2010, 07:01:36 PM »

Technically we have a field moded plane.  The 51B did not come production with the malcom hood, iirc.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline 7super61

• Zinc Member
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »
Lets see, 109's i hate, jugs that dive on you i hate. does feild guns count as a plane?  I HATE PLANES THAT COME OUT OD NO WHERE!!!! im like

:airplane: then hes like  :airplane:  :airplane: then hes like  :devil im like  :joystick:  :O then he's like
 :airplane:------------- :airplane: then im like  :joystick:  :O then im like  :angel: then hes like  :banana: once he lands...I HATE THEM!!!!
Im accually vPHANTOM...vulchvulchvulchvul chvulchvulchvulchvulchvulchvu lchvulchvulchvulchvulchvulchv ulchvulchvulchvulchvulchvulch vulchvulchvulch

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »
Alright, does it make me a bad person if that made me laugh big time? 7super, thank you for the giggle this morning.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »
Technically we have a field moded plane.  The 51B did not come production with the malcom hood, iirc.

Are you absolutely correct on this?  I am still interested in whether the Brewster we have in game is based a factory plane that was then field modified by the Fins.  Anybody?

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
Just to double check, I looked at a couple of websites (Not Wiki)

The Malcolm Hood on Mustangs B and C

"When the Mustang III was delivered to England, the RAF decided that the hinged cockpit canopy offered too poor a view for European operations. A fairly major modification was made in which the original framed hinged hood was replaced by a bulged Perspex frameless canopy that slid to the rear on rails. This canopy gave the pilot much more room and the huge goldfish bowl afforded a good view almost straight down or directly to the rear. It was manufactured and fitted by the British corporation R Malcolm & Co, and became familiar as the Malcolm Hood. The hood was fitted to most RAF Mustang IIIs, and many USAAF Eighth and Ninth Air Force P-51B/C fighters received the modification as well."
Source: http://aerofiles.com/malcolm-hood.html

"After production of the B/C model began, three more changes appeared:

an up-rated Packard Merlin engine, the 1650-7 replacing the 1650-3, for a small increase in HP
an 85 gallon fuel tank installed behind the pilot, giving critically longer reach, but moving the center of gravity aft, thus reducing directional stability until most of the fuel was consumed
the bulbous Malcolm hood, giving much better all-around visibility (a field modification)"

Source: http://www.acepilots.com/planes/p51_mustang.html
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver